Better player in his PRIME: D Wade or Allen Iverson?

1234568»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A.I.
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Wade killed it his whole career too... And he was better at more facets of the game.

Also collected some rings and a FMVP ... How many of those does AI have?

Yes, Wade has been great his whole career. What facets has he been better at than AI though? His extra height has made him better in areas like blocks, but A.I. was better at playing passing lanes for example. It's a toss-up really, but I still go with A.I.

As far as the rings go, Wade didn't get those by himself. And MVP of an 82 game season >> MVP of a 7 game series.

Explain something to me: which NBA player won a title by themselves?? NONE OF THEM!!!! They all needed their teammates to win. Wade, iverson, Jordan, lebron, etc. so that arguments invalid. To each his own, but I'm going with wade

I'm not sure why you're quoting me on this. I'm not one of the people who is using championships to claim A.I. is better. That doesn't even fit given he has no championships.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    D Wade
    #numbers
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A.I.
    I like wade as a player but iverson was that ? it's just that simple
  • alex_the_lion
    alex_the_lion Members Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    If they were playing 1 on 1, my money would be on Iverson
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Wade has a better chance of stopping Iverson than Iverson stopping Wade
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A.I.
    Allen. Allen in his prime is a top 15 player DOA
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A.I.

I think Wade has a better chance of stopping Iverson than Iverson stopping Wade

Neither one of those ? play real defense, but Wade has the size advantage so yeah, I'd go with him in that regard too.