Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    L3NU wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I must have missed the tie in

I missed it too or just forgot, can you enlighten us?

You must not have watched the movie or Cloverfield to not catch it.
    When she finally escapes the shelter and fights all the aliens??? Or when she drives off in the car and hears the announcement on the radio???

Well the reason I didn't make the connection is because. ..
    the alien from this one looked nothing like the monster from the first one? Not to me anyways.

man i saw the film and didnt see any connection to the first one either.

I don't think the aliens are connected. I just think it's set as a bunch of crazy ass stories centered around the cloverfield name as a whole. The name itself has some sort of stigma where weird ? happens around it and aliens tie into it. Remember, Cloverfield was in NY, this movie is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana so it could be all types of different ? happening around The world in an area named cloverfield. The next movie could be a different type of horror movie. John Goodman did a terrific job btw.

Pretty sure the aliens wouldn't limit their attack to just one state would they? When she was driving away the radio said that anyone with medical, military, law enforcement, etc. experience should go to Houston while everyone else should go to Shreveport.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I must have missed the tie in

I missed it too or just forgot, can you enlighten us?

You must not have watched the movie or Cloverfield to not catch it.
    When she finally escapes the shelter and fights all the aliens??? Or when she drives off in the car and hears the announcement on the radio???

Well the reason I didn't make the connection is because. ..
    the alien from this one looked nothing like the monster from the first one? Not to me anyways.

man i saw the film and didnt see any connection to the first one either.

I don't think the aliens are connected. I just think it's set as a bunch of crazy ass stories centered around the cloverfield name as a whole. The name itself has some sort of stigma where weird ? happens around it and aliens tie into it. Remember, Cloverfield was in NY, this movie is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana so it could be all types of different ? happening around The world in an area named cloverfield. The next movie could be a different type of horror movie. John Goodman did a terrific job btw.

Pretty sure the aliens wouldn't limit their attack to just one state would they? When she was driving away the radio said that anyone with medical, military, law enforcement, etc. experience should go to Houston while everyone else should go to Shreveport.

Na I'm saying there's aliens all over the world but somehow connected to cloverfield lane, street, avenue etc.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You dumb ? aint ?

The connection is fat boy goodman worked on the satelite from the first cloverfield movie, pay attention, yall keep up with all this overconvoluted and retconned comic book ? but have trouble with this?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the first Cloverfield and felt like WTF after the movie was over. Also I hated that the whole ? movie was done from POV angle. That was dumb as hell to me.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Watched the first Cloverfield and felt like WTF after the movie was over. Also I hated that the whole ? movie was done from POV angle. That was dumb as hell to me.

It felt like you were on one of those Universal Studios rides.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It felt like you were on one of those Universal Studios rides.

Exactly!! It would be cool for certain moment (not too many) but for a whole movie that was just way overboard.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate shaky cam films. I refuse to watch all movies shot entirely from 1st person POV. ? annoying af.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just caught it On Demand. Movie was dope! Great ending.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options