Correct reading order for death of superman books

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Quite Comical
I got the death of superman, funeral for a friend and the return of superman all on deck. I just reserved the reign of supermen book..

What's the correct chronological order of these ?

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dupac
    Damn I actually read the last one first, but the book was so crazy, I don't think it was all canon, there were some conflicting stories there
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get up on some Superman books. Only one i read was Superman: Red Son. ? was pretty dope though.
  • Dupac
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I need to get up on some Superman books. Only one i read was Superman: Red Son. ? was pretty dope though.

yea bruh, i got so many books from the library, it's ridiculous....

i'm so caught up on batman ? , and now super man ? ...it's cool as ? ...

i mean i know there's a whole bunch of more ? t catch up on, but i feel like such a better fan....

flash ? too.... it's crazy

i think hush would be a goat movie villain for batfleck...
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2016
    I pretty much have every major Batman story as well as the major story arcs that affected the whole DC Universe (Flashpoint, Zero Hour, Convergence, Blackest Knight, Brightest Day).

I also built up my Superman Collection..I included the Crisis Stories as part of Supes collection as he main character in three of em even though it also belongs in the DC Universe Story Arcs.

20augk3.jpg

Right now Im stocking up on Flash and Green Lantern graphic novels etc.

I running out space for my comics smh.
  • Lou Cypher
    DWO wrote: »

i mean i know there's a whole bunch of more ? t catch up on, but i feel like such a better fan....

I really need to utilize the Library for graphic novels. I was at the library a couple weeks ago and they have a shitload of them you can rent out. Dont even cost anything, just need two pieces of mail verifying your address and they let you rent out like 10 books at a time. Library's are the ? but dont nobody use them lol. Going to have to get that taken care of this weekend.
  • Lou Cypher

I definitely want to see Hush in the DCEU for sure. Maybe for the Batman sequel. Im almost positive this first Batman movie is going to be Under the Red Hood w/ Death in the Family going on in flashbacks. Or maybe it will be Half Red Hood and Half Hush for the ending, but like the complaints for BVS that would probably be "trying to put to much into one movie"
  • Dupac
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I pretty much have every major Batman story as well as the major story arcs that affected the whole DC Universe (Flashpoint, Zero Hour, Convergence, Blackest Knight, Brightest Day).

I also built up my Superman Collection..I included the Crisis Stories as part of Supes collection as he main character in three of em even though it also belongs in the DC Universe Story Arcs.

20augk3.jpg

Right now Im stocking up on Flash and Green Lantern graphic novels etc.

I running out space for my comics smh.

Dawg that's awesome..

Lol that's crazy.. I'm tryna get like you eventually... I just got into this heavy
  • Dupac

I definitely want to see Hush in the DCEU for sure. Maybe for the Batman sequel. Im almost positive this first Batman movie is going to be Under the Red Hood w/ Death in the Family going on in flashbacks. Or maybe it will be Half Red Hood and Half Hush for the ending, but like the complaints for BVS that would probably be "trying to put to much into one movie"

They can realistically use him for the Gotham show... Especially considering their back story goes back to when they were kids, and those were also stories where him and Selina were basically a couple...

That works perfect as far as where the show is going
  • Lou Cypher

They can realistically use him for the Gotham show... Especially considering their back story goes back to when they were kids, and those were also stories where him and Selina were basically a couple...

I could have sworn they made an announcement that hush was going to be in season 3. I am probably wrong but I know they had a reveal that someone big was coming next season. I ain't even watch season 2 I need to get on that.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could have sworn they made an announcement that hush was going to be in season 3. I am probably wrong but I know they had a reveal that someone big was coming next season. I ain't even watch season 2 I need to get on that.

You watch Gotham but completely avoid watching The Flash?

Bruh...lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Ive watched season one of gotham yes. And season one of the flash. I dont feel like im watching a show for female teenagers when i watched gotham.
  • Dupac
    Ive watched season one of gotham yes. And season one of the flash. I dont feel like im watching a show for female teenagers when i watched gotham.

Season 2 was so much better than 1 it was crazy
  • nujerz84
    Gotham is kinda wack to me I say this as a huge batman fan, cant ? with that show, even though lots of people like it.
  • Dupac
    I like it... It's creative
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished reading it. ? wasdope although the story loses focus with those subterranean creatures that live under metropolis sometimes though. I didn't like funeral for a friend it started out dope but then it became filler with the guardian ,gang buster and Supergirl I was expecting to see Superboy's origin, how steel made his armor, and how eradicator brought superman back from the dead. I just skipped all that and went to the story where pa Kent had a near death experience and talks Clark out of heading towards the light. @Dupac make sure you read superman doomsday hunter/prey doomsday cooks bckfrom the dead and superman has to face him again it also reveals doomsdays origin. dope book. Reading death of super man makes me wish they didn't go that route in bvs. They could have done that two sequels later in a solo superman movie.