Star Trek Star Anton Yelchin Dead At 27

illestni99ainne
illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
he4glkontlp7.jpeg

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/19/star-treks-anton-yelchin-dead-at-27/

Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin has passed away following an automobile accident at his home, TMZ reports.

Reports indicate that Yelchin was killed after being pinned between his car and a brick mailbox. The car was in neutral, with the engine running, when he was found. The driveway on the property is apparently on a steep incline.

No foul play is suspected, and it's unclear why the actor got out of the car.

Besides three Star Trek movies (including the forthcoming Star Trek Beyond), Yelchin is best known in fanboy circles for his roles in Terminator Salvation, The Smurfs, and Alpha Dog. The actor also played the title roles in Huff and Charlie Bartlett.

Yelchin was born in the USSR and moved to the United States in 1989 after his parents were relocated as political refugees. His parents, Irina (née Korina) and Viktor Yelchin, were pair figure skaters who were stars of the Leningrad Ice Ballet for 15 years. They apparently qualified for the 1972 Olympics but Soviet Union did not permit them to participate. They both remain involved in figure skating as coaches and trainers. Yelchin's uncle is the children's author and painter Eugene Yelchin.

Yelchin's career started in the '90s, although he didn't find widespread acclaim until 2006's Alpha Dog, in which he played the victim of a kidnap-and-murder plot based loosely on a true story. He's also appeared in the horror films Fright Night and Odd Thomas. He has a number of projects in production or post-production as of this writing, including Trollhunters, We Don't Belong Here, and the pilot to Mr. Mercedes, a planned TV adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name.

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait..

-Puts car in neutral by mistake
    -Gets out of car to walk to mailbox
    -Car moves on its own because of incline
    -When hes at the mailbox, car runs into him and he gets smashed in between car and mailbox?

RIP even though the thought of that is hilarious to me
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    Wait..

-When hes at the mailbox, car runs into him and he gets smashed in between car and mailbox?

RIP...

But I kinda wanna see a reconstruction of these events!
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda called Scotty to beam him up.

Too soon?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.i.p.

This might just be the most random out of all the deaths this year.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Shoulda called Scotty to beam him up.

Too soon?

its never too soon if the joke is funny
    so yeah, too soon

not a star trek fan but R.I.P.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Damn!! RIP. super ? way to die tho.

Needs to rewatch Alpha Dog...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKtq7Hhoyc
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    RUDDERLESS dope movie he was in.
    RIP
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • illestni99ainne
    I kinda dig that Charlie Bartlett movie. RIP
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greatest actor of all time.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just watching fright night remake Friday ..
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait..

Dude was probably on some prescription drugs, and was not fully functioning.

RIP.

Quit slandering the dude. It was a new Jeep Grand Cherokee which have had problems out the ass. They think that even though he put it in park it was actually in neutral which is problems they've had with them before.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the 27 club
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Wait..

RIP.

Quit slandering the dude. It was a new Jeep Grand Cherokee which have had problems out the ass. They think that even though he put it in park it was actually in neutral which is problems they've had with them before.

Settle down, no one is slandering him.

People were basically calling him an idiot for this happening, and I offered a reasonable explanation.

I said prescription drugs, not illegal drugs.

Drugs could be prescribed for sleep, anxiety, allergies, and etc. which are drugs notoriously known for dulling the senses.

Newly prescribed drugs or the interaction of prescription drugs amongst themselves or with food / beverages could have unintended side effects.

Get it?

So what proof do you have that he was on any drugs, legal or illegal???

That's right you don't have any so you're basically just gossiping like a little girl, right???
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
  • Rampage12
    Wait..

RIP.

Settle down, no one is slandering him.

People were basically calling him an idiot for this happening, and I offered a reasonable explanation.

I said prescription drugs, not illegal drugs.

Drugs could be prescribed for sleep, anxiety, allergies, and etc. which are drugs notoriously known for dulling the senses.

Newly prescribed drugs or the interaction of prescription drugs amongst themselves or with food / beverages could have unintended side effects.

Get it?

So what proof do you have that he was on any drugs, legal or illegal???

That's right you don't have any so you're basically just gossiping like a little girl, right???

First off ? , calm down. It ain't that serious like I stated before.

Notice the words I used in both of my posts, "probably" and "reasonable explanation", which means there is a degree of uncertainty.

People are so quick to laugh at or judge this man's plight, while I am telling people that they don't know what this man was going through at the time.

You can't be this stupid.

Good find on the jeep angle though, but that information was not available to me when I made my first post.

However, it doesn't excuse you acting like a little ? over my harmless posts.

I'm not even going to entertain a response to someone that resorts to middle school insults on a internet message board of all places.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line is none of us know ? . No point throwing out random scenarios like its fact. ? you squabbling for?
  • illestni99ainne
    a2kpp8do19db.gif

Man both y'all acting like some ? ! A man lost his life regardless if it was his own ? fault or if drugs were involved or if it was faulty breaks. We may never know. RIP to that man. Now shut the ? up and pass me my muhfucking joint!