21 Year Old Woman Pleads Guilty, Still Gets Life Without Parole For Killing Her Newborn

12346»

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Copper wrote: »
    What about the executioners who have put innocent men to death? Or the judge that gave him the sentence?

Life sentences or nah?

Nah
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, she deserves that time.....? her
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She gave the kid a name and chucked it in a bag to die.

I can see the abortion view... But giving the child a name kinda adds to how ? up this act was.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy to think somebody could of put you in a dumpster if they didn't want you
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Cause there are babies thrown away everyday. Just crazy when it's called murder and not late term abortion.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »

Really? Cause there are babies thrown away everyday. Just crazy when it's called murder and not late term abortion.

Yeah you really ought to be able to double bag your baby and toss it in your neighbors backyard
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point missed..again.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All yall who feel like life without parole is too much time.

What crime would yall say is worth a life without parole sentence?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda get what u are saying but it is a lot at play here. late term abortion has no real definitive time. is it late after after 20 weeks or 27 weeks? doctors will vary and besides that its legal. if it is illegal in a state the doctor would would be prosecuted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/us/kermit-gosnell-abortion-doctor-found-guilty-of-murder.html?_r=0

for her to be convicted of murder they had to show one that baby was born alive and the baby died because of her actions. she killed the baby by suffocation. legally a bunch of states require a life sentence be given when convicted of murder. I am sure her lawyer advised her of that before pleading guilty. the fact that she pleaded guilty is what probably got the judge to throw in the no parole. abortion can definitely be viewed as murder but it has always been a fight about the legality of it. suffocation is legally wrong in every state.

options...she had options that may not have been good ones like late term abortion. she decided to to do what she did. she got what she got.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I'm actually surprised that despite being a female with the "complexion for the connection," that "Becky," got served.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Lock all white people up. They're a bunch of ? savages anyway.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    I get what Kat is saying tho.

Yall all up in arms because she murdered her baby. What she did was evil. That baby suffered.

But the bottom line is abortion is murder too. We can argue semantics till our heads explode, but life is life. Once that egg is fertilized, you have a child. If you make a conscious decision to "terminate" it, that sounds like murder to me.

Suffucation is a horrible way to go. What of she had killed the baby in a less brutal manner to minimize suffering? Would yall feel the same way? And if so, why us abortion viewed differently?

That ? ain't even the same and I'm tired of people saying that ? . Sucking something from INSIDE a woman is way different then delivering a crying baby and dropping it in a trash bag and killing it.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Reaching.

A tooth is not a living breathing human being.

Neither is a fetus
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yall all up in arms because she murdered her baby. What she did was evil. That baby suffered.

But the bottom line is abortion is murder too. We can argue semantics till our heads explode, but life is life. Once that egg is fertilized, you have a child. If you make a conscious decision to "terminate" it, that sounds like murder to me.

Suffucation is a horrible way to go. What of she had killed the baby in a less brutal manner to minimize suffering? Would yall feel the same way? And if so, why us abortion viewed differently?

That ? ain't even the same and I'm tired of people saying that ? . Sucking something from INSIDE a woman is way different then delivering a crying baby and dropping it in a trash bag and killing it.

That something is a baby.

You may not think so, and that's cool.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

There was another thread where i brought up the argument where if a pregnant woman is killed, the culprit can get charged with double murder, regardless of how far along she was.

How can that be the case if it is a "fetus" and not considered life?

This is what happens tho.....
  • not_osirus_jenkins

There was another thread where i brought up the argument where if a pregnant woman is killed, the culprit can get charged with double murder, regardless of how far along she was.

If the mother dies while the child is still in her stomach will the child survive?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We define a fetus to be human after the cerebral cortex has developed. Before then we believe it doesn't have the capacity of thought, feelings, memories, awareness or consciousness. That is why abortions before the second trimester allowed. After then is when we feel it wouldn't be humane to slice and dice a helpless human being.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I support abortion is so ? like this doesn't happen cuz some folks think having a baby is all fun till its 2am and he won't stop cryin cuz he fighting his sleep so now u can't sleep. ? ain't all happy times being a part bru believe me I know
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the mother dies while the child is still in her stomach will the child survive?

It's happened before.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natural selection at work.