Lord Jamar on Troy Ave Shooting: It's Real N!gga ? , But Legally He's F#cked…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmN4ZqDGP0
Lord Jamar recently sat down with VladTV to discuss Troy Ave's involvement in the shooting at Irving Plaza last month, and the Brand Nubian rapper said that there is a possibility Troy could come out of the situation as a hero. He explained that if stories about Troy retaliating and grabbing the gun after he was shot along with his bodyguard are true, Lord Jamar said he was just abiding by street rules. However, he added that if Troy grabbed the gun and chased after the shooter, he's probably screwed from a legal standpoint.

During the conversation Lord Jamar also spoke about people being overly sensitive about bullying on the Internet, as he revealed that he had to grow a thicker skin after his online interviews went viral. He then added that people hate on the Internet just for the sake of hating, but Lord Jamar points out that words do have power behind them.

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @ 5:08......"from a legal standpoint he's ? .....". Basically.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Jamar.. From a street perspective Troy did was he was supposed to do.. Given the stories that are out there.. But from a legal perspective it is hard to find a situation in which he would escape without any jail time.. ? is wack..
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    nex gin wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I completely believe what Troy Ave is saying happened

That still doesn't clear up why he decided to fire the gun in a crowded area outside of where he was shot in the first place

Plus wasn't he the original instigator of everything that happened that night anyway?
    So this ? does a freestyle saying he took the gun and shot at somebody, then says he's innocent for shooting at somebody? His lawyer must hate him

I don't think he's arguing whether or not he shot at somebody, his defense will be based around what happened leading up to him shooting..

If he can get the judge/jury to see that the circumstances called for him to shoot inside the club then it's a strong possibility that he can be found innocent..

Basically,
    if he has a good enough excuse for shooting inside the club, they may have leniency on him..

This ? came into the room, looked around to see who was there, and then shot. What part of that is going to give life to a good reasoning to shoot? It's already been deemed it's stupid to say he was still in fear at that point because once he walks into that room and stops to look around he's no longer in self defense mode. He went looking for someone, whoever it was, to shoot at that point and the fact that it was done in a crowd full of people is going to be his ultimate downfall.

Right. That ? had time to run to the bodega and grab some Dutches.....drive to Jersey and cop some Timberlands, hunt a subway rat then come back to shoot into a crowd.....A CROWD full of people...lol. That video is more "let me get these ? back" than "self defense" or "fearing for my life".

Okay I get what you saying. Now put the funny ? to the side.

Say that's the only exit.
    Say he did disarm the ? that shot him and his man. Say tax and his people get up out spot first. Mind you it's the only exit. You in Troy and his people shoes. You in a dead end, ? just clapped you and your man is dying. The assailants flee before you. Again you in a dead end

Who's to say them ? wouldn't have came back and finished Troy and the rest of his people's?

What you gone do sit there and wait? Or make sure you get out of there alive?

Again ? just clapped you and killed your man. You in a dead end. You gotta use the same exit these ? used 45 seconds before you. You got the hammer.

You coming out with the gun in your waist,in the small of your back, tucking it in your shoe? Or you coming out on point ready to fire?

A lot of you ? talk with your sidebar comments, cause you never been through no ? like that in your life. So its a lot easier for you to access ? from the outside looking in.

I'm not saying Troy right I'm not saying he wrong. But self preservation is the 1 rule of survival. If that's what he felt was necessary to survive. More power to him.

You have just as much information as the rest of us. At the point where he walks into a room firing a handgun, it would be reasonable to say that he could be perceived as the aggressor. Anybody in the way of that gunfire would probably be fearing for their lives more than he was fearing for his own at that point. There is nothing in that video that indicates that he was in a shootout at that point. He wasn't dodging bullets and returning fire. He wasn't in his home defending himself (no castle doctrine defense). He wasn't running away from danger. He was pursuing somebody and trying to shoot them. The video doesn't show that anyone was trying to use deadly force against him at the time he was pursuing them. You CANNOT use deadly physical force if you can retreat to safety. It clearly didn't look like he was trying to retreat to safety in that video. If I'm thinking "self preservation" the last thing I would do is run in the direction of the people who may have just tried to shoot me. You make a lot of assumptions about what mfs have been through in their lives. The prison's are filled w/ mfs who made life altering, emotional, snap judgement decisions in the heat of the moment. He may have did what he felt he had to do to survive, but at the end of the day he made a questionable choice that may cost him his freedom. Now he has to deal w/ the repercussions of his choices. It is what it is. More power to him.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh...so nigs messing with a lord Jamar, vladtv couch interview now??

must be two sides
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It's real ? ? but legally he's ? "

Statement can be applied to 98% of real ? ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? love to keep it real......Real DUMB!!" - Chris Rock
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    ? ain't really say nothing at all.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I agree with Jamar.. From a street perspective Troy did was he was supposed to do.. Given the stories that are out there.. But from a legal perspective it is hard to find a situation in which he would escape without any jail time.. ? is wack..

Ain't ? wack about him catching time for shooting into a crowd of innocent people at a club just to try and hit 1 ? who was already running away from you
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vlad must have this ? Jamar on retainer
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me it all depends on how many people were in the line of fire when he shot. If it was just the one guy... it's all good. But you don't let off into a crowd and you're a hero by any standards.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is unhelpful. Just shows this guy is a clown that no conscious black person should take seriously.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I respect this dude's opinion on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6KCKk6GVI
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

Ain't ? wack about him catching time for shooting into a crowd of innocent people at a club just to try and hit 1 ? who was already running away from you

A couple things...

First, in a vacuum you're right..

Second.. The camera angle that has been released so far only shows Troy Shooting.. It doesn't show what he's shooting at. For all we know his target may have been the only person in the area he was shooting at.

Lastly.. In this whole thing.. It seems Troy only let off one shot.. You can't tell he was hesitant to let off that shot because there were people around.. If you watch the video.. He tries to shoot when he had a clear shot but had to stop and ? the gun. Then takes aim to let off that one shot. So to me it looks like he wasn't as reckless as people make it seem.

Ultimately, as most of us agree that one shot is gonna cost him. I do think it's wack because people get online and on social media and talk ? recklessly thinking that they are immune from any recourse. You have to own the consequences of your actions and whatever you say on or offline. Most folks wouldn't say half the ? they type online aloud.