Masta Ace believes Europeans are Hip Hops biggest supporters....

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Speakin' of Wu Tang, I kno' nuff white hoes who love them.

One time I saw a white ? with a Wu-tang tattoo working at a pizza place. So I decided to pull her card to see if she was just another vulture and told her to name all 9 original members. ? named like 4 members and tapped out. I was like:
    giphy1.gif

:joy: too easy
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    I thought this was common knowledge. Hell, Chuck Barry and Muddy Waters had big careers in Europe when their sales declined in America. Ella Fitzgerald continued to tour Europe for years. They actually love music there.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Public Enemy tour Europe all the time. Guys like Masta Ace are always over here and they always do good numbers.

Met these two Poles in a club not too long ago and they were mad there wasn't any Wu lol they saw hip hop and thought it was that

? do You mean pollocks??
    Or were you literally talking to 2 of these -

Combination_transmission_distribution_power_pole_-_Central_Coast_NSW.JPG

? is offensive

Only to another pollack
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Yup, not nearly the first time I've heard a hiphop artist say that.

Remember Lords of the Underground? A fews years back I was reading there dj Lord Jazz is living in France now cause they hooked him up with a nice radio show. I think one of them dudes from Das Efx also stays over in Europe getting loot.

I was also reading onyx is still big Germany and in Asia, either China or Japan

So does Jro of the alkaholiks. He's in Switzerland
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common knowledge.
  • Stew
    Common knowledge.

Are u saying my thread aint ? sir?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tour in Europe on the reg (not hip-hop tho). You get treated WAYYYY better than in the states.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The GOAT Ace...

90s hip hop rappers and and DJ's daum near always selling out shows in Europe even if its just small clubs the fans still come and pack the place out... Same goes for 'underground' rappers like Tech, Paz, RA and Ill Bill etc... Schitt MOP were out in the UK not so long ago...

@Elzo69Renaissance

On DrinkChamps didnt Talib or one of their guests say Jeru i think it was, basically lives Germany or some place in Europe now and J-RO from The Liks lives in like Sweden??? UK, Germany, France and also Japan really seem to embrace the 90s and underground acts and the culture like painting and breakdancing...
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, international fans have a different appreciation for music.

It goes against the grain sometimes as well though, for instance we kept Ja Rule relevant for a number of years after his career died a death in the U.S.

Apologies for that.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The GOAT Ace...

90s hip hop rappers and and DJ's daum near always selling out shows in Europe even if its just small clubs the fans still come and pack the place out... Same goes for 'underground' rappers like Tech, Paz, RA and Ill Bill etc... Schitt MOP were out in the UK not so long ago...

@Elzo69Renaissance

On DrinkChamps didnt Talib or one of their guests say Jeru i think it was, basically lives Germany or some place in Europe now and J-RO from The Liks lives in like Sweden??? UK, Germany, France and also Japan really seem to embrace the 90s and underground acts and the culture like painting and breakdancing...

Exactly plus they were like Mata Ace is currently eating in Italy
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ryan Leslie sells out show in Europe all the time.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mother land europe
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listened to that new Ace joint yesterday. . Lemme use this thread to promote that ?

Dope album
  • Stew
    edited July 2016
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Listened to that new Ace joint yesterday. . Lemme use this thread to promote that ?

Dope album

I've had the digital since it released but forgot about coppin the physical till I made this thread lol

4ns59cca8jlh.png
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Very true

Noticed he said 90s artists
    Das Efx and them can sell out shows within a few hours in Europe.

Specifically Germany, Holland, France and Croatia.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dope album

IMO the best album the year, it felt like a pre curser to 'Disposable Arts and 'A Long Hot Summer' to me story telling wise...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cs Germany every German hoe I've met has been a hip hop head.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw Ace a while back in Manchester, UK with Wordsworth. Great concert. DJ Premier was in Liverpool last week, but I was unable to go and support. Recently, I've seen CunninLynguists, Atmosphere and a few others too. Think the cities are big on hip hop and the tags reflect that.
  • Stew
    Did I just see a ghost @RuffDraft
  • RuffDraft
    Stew wrote: »
    Did I just see a ghost @RuffDraft

Haha Stupot!

Clearly a ghost when my sig says 2013... :/

Let me know what's up in a PM. You seen many artists recently?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo! @RuffDraft !!!

Welcome back Bro..
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 years from now, europe will be supporting young thug and future ect ect....

Dont you see it?

Panda.
  • RuffDraft
    Ayo! @RuffDraft !!!

Welcome back Bro..

Thanks Dilla - great to see that you're still postin'!

I'll be lurking... haven't heard much new hip hop to love of late? Thought Alessia Cara's album was dope though - loved her cadence on Here, and she's a breath of fresh air in terms of her writing skills and delivery - not that she's hip hop as such. Any releases to check otherwise?
  • Stew
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Ayo! @RuffDraft !!!

Welcome back Bro..

Thanks Dilla - great to see that you're still postin'!

I'll be lurking... haven't heard much new hip hop to love of late? Thought Alessia Cara's album was dope though - loved her cadence on Here, and she's a breath of fresh air in terms of her writing skills and delivery - not that she's hip hop as such. Any releases to check otherwise?

U ain't been up on the new Desiigner and Future joints?

vof8z54dp7mm.gif
  • RuffDraft
    Stew wrote: »

U ain't been up on the new Desiigner and Future joints?

That gif :lol: I'll check it out... any others? Heard Ugly Heroes new joint supposed to be nice? The Roots released anything of late?