Apple In Talks To Acquire Tidal

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

U goofy ? stilll dont get it.... Tidal was the only blk owned music streaming service...
    Alot of ? was eating because of Tidal. For one, the money and violence ? .

Ownership is important. I hope Hov don't sell.

? so? When did Shawn Carter become obligated to put food in a ? mouth? The only reason I don't want him to sell is so those cacs can't have Prince music. Anything other than that is selfish ? . Let that man be great how he chooses.

If this was just any other business I'd say ? all you bitter ass ? sell sell sell get this money

But the way he pushed Tidal was on some "rebel against the establishment" ? . He got all the artists to sign with TIdal because he told them they were going to be able to write their own story and have more control of their income. Him selling so soon it would be a slap in the face to those artists and the fans who supported the company because they believed in what he was pushing.

lol it'd LITERALLY be selling out. That being said...ppl jumping the gun acting like the sell already happened..they just in "talks"...that could mean anything.

LOL.. who actually really believed any of that? Probably just stans
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    "This ain't no tall order, this is nothin to me
    Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week
    I do this in my sleep,
    I sold Kilos of coke, (so?) I'm guessin' I can sell CD's
    I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man
    Let me handle my buisness, damn!"

"The Dynasty like my money last three lifetimes"

Rapped it 2005 and ? still relevant in this guys life now more than ever
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

This was the whole point in the first place...I think he was hoping Samsung would do the deal but it seems they dropped the ball.

I hope this happens.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess Tidal is not the flop that so many mainstream media sites and Reason threads made us want to believe
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

U goofy ? stilll dont get it.... Tidal was the only blk owned music streaming service...

? so? When did Shawn Carter become obligated to put food in a ? mouth? The only reason I don't want him to sell is so those cacs can't have Prince music. Anything other than that is selfish ? . Let that man be great how he chooses.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L84VEVDmzwo
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? can't play that race card ? when it's ? who are the main ones ? on it at the same time. ? and them Silicon Valley tech nerds.

Which is it? Maintain black owned businesses or "? Tidal, i ain't paying no 15 dollars", "Jay-z is already rich'',etc.

Most of the ? on the IC don't even pay for music but want to dictate it's sound or be mad an artist doesn't cater to them. ? idiots man LOLOLOL. Then call rappers ? and sell outs making money and not giving them anything in return when they won't pay for the music. I swear to ? back in January ? said Hov was irrelevant in music and not making no noise.

If ? are gonna preach about supporting black businesses I sure do hope they put their money where their mouth is. .

A black business is the barbershop i am about to go to. Tidal is not a black business. It is a service where the figurehead is black but the majority of the company is white people. Not to mention all jay brag about now is how he gets to get into rooms they wouldn't dare let another black person get into.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »

If this was just any other business I'd say ? all you bitter ass ? sell sell sell get this money

But the way he pushed Tidal was on some "rebel against the establishment" ? . He got all the artists to sign with TIdal because he told them they were going to be able to write their own story and have more control of their income. Him selling so soon it would be a slap in the face to those artists and the fans who supported the company because they believed in what he was pushing.

lol it'd LITERALLY be selling out. That being said...ppl jumping the gun acting like the sell already happened..they just in "talks"...that could mean anything.

? all of those rich ? ? about not being rich enough. I don't care. Jay gotta look out for hisself. A millionaire making sure lesser millionaires eat? FOH. I hope he sell that ? for 10 billion and somehow screw apple out of getting prince music.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's big money for Jay if this goes down
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats jumping outta windows something serious ..... smh

.I won't believe it until the ink dries ...... one thing about Jay is clear ..... 9 times out of 10 the general public won't know anything about his dealings until they're done ...... the bigger the deal, the less we know

them talks gonna be serious with artists ownership and percentages ....lawyers bout to get put to work

And if beatz got a billi for them ? headphones .... streaming service with a heavy catalog of artists cannot even approach the table for anything less than 3 billion ....starting
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    ? can't play that race card ? when it's ? who are the main ones ? on it at the same time. ? and them Silicon Valley tech nerds.

Which is it? Maintain black owned businesses or "? Tidal, i ain't paying no 15 dollars", "Jay-z is already rich'',etc.

Most of the ? on the IC don't even pay for music but want to dictate it's sound or be mad an artist doesn't cater to them. ? idiots man LOLOLOL. Then call rappers ? and sell outs making money and not giving them anything in return when they won't pay for the music. I swear to ? back in January ? said Hov was irrelevant in music and not making no noise.

If ? are gonna preach about supporting black businesses I sure do hope they put their money where their mouth is. .

A black business is the barbershop i am about to go to. Tidal is not a black business. It is a service where the figurehead is black but the majority of the company is white people. Not to mention all jay brag about now is how he gets to get into rooms they wouldn't dare let another black person get into.

FOH you go to the barbershop so you can get fresh for ? and white women. That's not the same. Do you help out in your community ? Do you volunteer at church ? Do you shop solely at black businesses ?? I remember when the Flint water crisis popped off you were nowhere in sight and a few cats on here (one in particular from NY) on the low actually fundraised and some of us donated to the cause. That's in YOUR city.

Monizzle real talk you need to figure your ? out, you talking down on a black man who won at something and has always for the most part tried to lead by example and did a lot for our culture. If you don't like Jay cool but the ? you do is sickening and just a flat waste of time. It's every Tidal thread too. What has Apple done for the black community Monizzle ??? Don't worry we'll wait.....

First off you live in Canada. Don't tell us Americans what to do ole caption obvious posting ass ? .

Second off this Saturday with be the first morning since August that i am not waking up early to mentor young men in the community so foh with that. And past that i volunteer in my church on the regular including 2 mission trips. Past those mission trips i have helped my mom support sister churches in South Africa we visited in 2007 and Guatemala in 2006. The ? you do for your community you Toronto Maple Leaf Bastard.

Thirdly commenting about flint in an All hip hop thread doesn't do ? . You wanna call me out for not "commenting" in any Flint thread by all means do so i do so. But i have donated quietly to that cause via my church.

At the end of the day ? going on in the world is real. Supporting Jay Z and his Tidal venture doesn't do ? . Doing things in your local community does. Which i do. But again the ? you do in your community?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    At least RD will be on Apple now. Good ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

FOH you go to the barbershop so you can get fresh for ? and white women. That's not the same. Do you help out in your community ? Do you volunteer at church ? Do you shop solely at black businesses ?? I remember when the Flint water crisis popped off you were nowhere in sight and a few cats on here (one in particular from NY) on the low actually fundraised and some of us donated to the cause. That's in YOUR city.

Monizzle real talk you need to figure your ? out, you talking down on a black man who won at something and has always for the most part tried to lead by example and did a lot for our culture. If you don't like Jay cool but the ? you do is sickening and just a flat waste of time. It's every Tidal thread too. What has Apple done for the black community Monizzle ??? Don't worry we'll wait.....

First off you live in Canada. Don't tell us Americans what to do ole caption obvious posting ass ? .

Second off this Saturday with be the first morning since August that i am not waking up early to mentor young men in the community so foh with that. And past that i volunteer in my church on the regular including 2 mission trips. Past those mission trips i have helped my mom support sister churches in South Africa we visited in 2007 and Guatemala in 2006. The ? you do for your community you Toronto Maple Leaf Bastard.

Thirdly commenting about flint in an All hip hop thread doesn't do ? . You wanna call me out for not "commenting" in any Flint thread by all means do so i do so. But i have donated quietly to that cause via my church.

At the end of the day ? going on in the world is real. Supporting Jay Z and his Tidal venture doesn't do ? . Doing things in your local community does. Which i do. But again the ? you do in your community?

I see I struck a chord.... well at least you still have an ounce of self respect and dignity left. Enjoy your long weekend.

Lol you a hoe ? tho. We out here talking about Tidal and you have the ? boy gene to question my commitment to the community.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Roc Nation is about to reup with Live Nation too. Whether it's Apple or not. A new Live Nation deal will probably make him a billionaire. He got 150 mil the first time, he'll probably double up.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Drakes first W over Hov maybe soon coming
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Drakes first W over Hov maybe soon coming

Damn but Jay Z still will walk away winning. Nevermind.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akademiks on point with his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPyOZv8vII

Not clicking ..... I doubt this corn is saying anything that hasn't already been added to this thread ......
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Akademiks on point with his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPyOZv8vII

Not clicking ..... I doubt this corn is saying anything that hasn't already been added to this thread ......

so you had to tell the entire thread you weren't going to click a video? What a waste of a post lol. You coulda just not clicked on the low.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple buying out these black businesses
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way I'll have a problem is if Jay just takes a check and walks away but I doubt he would do that so ? up in arms like him selling would be a problem...... Like I said you can't change what's happening up top unless you get up top you can't change what's happening in the building till you get in the building...... ? want Jay to change the world from the block....if apple were to buy Tidal you'd literally have the whole urdan music genre under one roof Jay, Bey, Drake, Dre, Ye, Nicki, Rih, Cole, TI, Wayne etc a change could be made

I personally don't want him to sell becuz I enjoy tidal as it's own sperate entity but I could also see the bigger benefit in doing it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Only way I'll have a problem is if Jay just takes a check and walks away but I doubt he would do that so ? up in arms like him selling would be a problem...... Like I said you can't change what's happening up top unless you get up top you can't change what's happening in the building till you get in the building...... ? want Jay to change the world from the block....if apple were to buy Tidal you'd literally have the whole urdan music genre under one roof Jay, Bey, Drake, Dre, Ye, Nicki, Rih, Cole, TI, Wayne etc a change could be made

I personally don't want him to sell becuz I enjoy tidal as it's own sperate entity but I could also see the bigger benefit in doing it

Never heard of that "urdan" genre.

Also jay spit a freestyle dissing big corporations like Spotify and Apple in his B Side show. To sell and then co work with apple music would be hypocritical in principle.
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2016

Also jay spit a freestyle dissing big corporations like Spotify and Apple in his B Side show. To sell and then co work with apple music would be hypocritical in principle.

Really ? is spell check police in here now smh

He spit a freestyle about fans not having a problem with them having money but having a problem with him tryna get paid

" ? skeptical when it's they own ? , you bought 9 iPhones and Steve Jobs rich, Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kids, Spotify 9 million they ain't say ? , Lucy you got sum explaining to do only one they hating on looks the same as you"

See this what happens when you listen with hate instead of actually hearing what's being said you become misinformed then you misinform others
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2016

He spit a freestyle about fans not having a problem with them having money but having a problem with him tryna get paid

" ? skeptical when it's they own ? , you bought 9 iPhones and Steve Jobs rich, Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kids, Spotify 9 million they ain't say ? "

See this what happens when you listen with hate instead of actually hearing what's being said you become misinformed then you misinform others

Who owns 9 i-phones. I feel like Jay went Sion over the top dramatic with that line lol. Lemme go back to listening to this "urdan" music on my Tidal account while watching Ohio State Buckeye film with "Urdan Meyer".

#Tidal4all
  • GetoBoy

" ? skeptical when it's they own ? , you bought 9 iPhones and Steve Jobs rich, Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kids, Spotify 9 million they ain't say ? "

Who owns 9 i-phones. I feel like Jay went Sion over the top dramatic with that line lol. Lemme go back to listening to this "urdan" music on my Tidal account while watching Ohio State Buckeye film with "Urdan Meyer".

#Tidal4all

Classic way ? try and get out when they say some wrong ? .... Try to divert the attention off them being wrong by trying sum corny jokes lol.... It's ok bruh as long as you and I know you don't be knowing what you talking bout it's good