Apple In Talks To Acquire Tidal

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jay sells Tidal he will win but it's going to also be an L. He's got Prince's music! Y'all ? ain't seen how much Prince made when he died? Man all the record stores in Charlotte ran the ? out of his music everytime they got some ? . People were buying the ? out of some Prince vinyl. Man if Jay(or whoever runs it) sells Tidal, Prince's music is going to be so easy to stream. Prince did not want that. I can see Jay selling ? so he can brag about getting more money lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Only way I'll have a problem is if Jay just takes a check and walks away but I doubt he would do that so ? up in arms like him selling would be a problem...... Like I said you can't change what's happening up top unless you get up top you can't change what's happening in the building till you get in the building...... ? want Jay to change the world from the block....if apple were to buy Tidal you'd literally have the whole urdan music genre under one roof Jay, Bey, Drake, Dre, Ye, Nicki, Rih, Cole, TI, Wayne etc a change could be made

I personally don't want him to sell becuz I enjoy tidal as it's own sperate entity but I could also see the bigger benefit in doing it

Never heard of that "urdan" genre.

Also jay spit a freestyle dissing big corporations like Spotify and Apple in his B Side show. To sell and then co work with apple music would be hypocritical in principle.

Really ? is spell check police in here now smh

He spit a freestyle about fans not having a problem with them having money but having a problem with him tryna get paid

" ? skeptical when it's they own ? , you bought 9 iPhones and Steve Jobs rich, Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kids, Spotify 9 million they ain't say ? "

See this what happens when you listen with hate instead of actually hearing what's being said you become misinformed then you misinform others

Who owns 9 i-phones. I feel like Jay went Sion over the top dramatic with that line lol. Lemme go back to listening to this "urdan" music on my Tidal account while watching Ohio State Buckeye film with "Urdan Meyer".

#Tidal4all

Classic way ? try and get out when they say some wrong ? .... Try to divert the attention off them being wrong by trying sum corny jokes lol.... It's ok bruh as long as you and I know you don't be knowing what you talking bout it's good

Corny jokes? Jay made a freestyle where he falsely stated someone owning 9 i phones. That is a fact. You were wrong to think apple was getting rid of i tunes when speculative reports only mentioned a possibility that the i tunes store was getting cut that is a fact.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I've been out of touch lately but when & how did Tidal acquire Prince's music?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I've been out of touch lately but when & how did Tidal acquire Prince's music?

He gave them the rights to stream his music but only tidal. Most of this was due to how tidal was set up to help the artist. So Jay would literally be selling out Princes music to the company or companies prince never wanted getting it should he sell tidal.

Mind you Prince ain't even have a will for his money but he left tidal with the rights to his music. So Jay not actually doing a deal would be the only way to preserve the one thing price decided to take care of before he died.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet money Khaled is the one who bridged the gap. Since jay is his manager and he has the deal with Apple
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Akademiks on point with his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPyOZv8vII

Not clicking ..... I doubt this corn is saying anything that hasn't already been added to this thread ......

so you had to tell the entire thread you weren't going to click a video? What a waste of a post lol. You coulda just not clicked on the low.

Yeah, you go right ahead and act like this is the first time you've seen a "did not watch" post ...... Maybe you should go find more Akademiks videos for more obvious answers ....smh
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way I'll have a problem is if Jay just takes a check and walks away but I doubt he would do that so ? up in arms like him selling would be a problem...... Like I said you can't change what's happening up top unless you get up top you can't change what's happening in the building till you get in the building...... ? want Jay to change the world from the block....if apple were to buy Tidal you'd literally have the whole urdan music genre under one roof Jay, Bey, Drake, Dre, Ye, Nicki, Rih, Cole, TI, Wayne etc a change could be made

I personally don't want him to sell becuz I enjoy tidal as it's own sperate entity but I could also see the bigger benefit in doing it

Also jay spit a freestyle dissing big corporations like Spotify and Apple in his B Side show. To sell and then co work with apple music would be hypocritical in principle.

He spit a freestyle about fans not having a problem with them having money but having a problem with him tryna get paid

" ? skeptical when it's they own ? , you bought 9 iPhones and Steve Jobs rich, Phil Knight worth trillions you still bought those kids, Spotify 9 million they ain't say ? "

See this what happens when you listen with hate instead of actually hearing what's being said you become misinformed then you misinform others

Who owns 9 i-phones. I feel like Jay went Sion over the top dramatic with that line lol. Lemme go back to listening to this "urdan" music on my Tidal account while watching Ohio State Buckeye film with "Urdan Meyer".

#Tidal4all

Classic way ? try and get out when they say some wrong ? .... Try to divert the attention off them being wrong by trying sum corny jokes lol.... It's ok bruh as long as you and I know you don't be knowing what you talking bout it's good

Corny jokes? Jay made a freestyle where he falsely stated someone owning 9 i phones. That is a fact. You were wrong to think apple was getting rid of i tunes when speculative reports only mentioned a possibility that the i tunes store was getting cut that is a fact.

Hey simple jack .....you ever stop and think that Jay was referencing how people cop each new iPhone that dropped over the years .....

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    D0wn wrote: »
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

U goofy ? stilll dont get it.... Tidal was the only blk owned music streaming service...
    Alot of ? was eating because of Tidal. For one, the money and violence ? .

Ownership is important. I hope Hov don't sell.

? so? When did Shawn Carter become obligated to put food in a ? mouth? The only reason I don't want him to sell is so those cacs can't have Prince music. Anything other than that is selfish ? . Let that man be great how he chooses.

Well for one, U contradicted yourself....

2. Hov was adamant about supporting blk business

3. I actually have Tidal. I have vested interest in Tidal with my dollars... Monthly...Therefore I can discuss this.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2016

#Tidal4all

Hey simple jack .....you ever stop and think that Jay was referencing how people cop each new iPhone that dropped over the years .....

In other words Jay brags about his European paintings and cars but he gets mad when people buythe lastest i phones but won't buy into tidal? Sounds hypocritical.

• Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraxas wrote: »
    I'll bet money Khaled is the one who bridged the gap. Since jay is his manager and he has the deal with Apple

This ? bigger than Khaled ?
    You think Apple is Fat joe??
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    But just because Apple may or may not buy Tidal that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If Jay was as smart as he claims he'd buy Apple stock. Thats where the real money is.

Actually, he should buy Apple bonds, they might not yield as much but they're unlikely to default.

And a spot on their Board of Directors. Business not Personal, ? .

Still tho............

EBONY: What made you decide to move your catalog to Tidal and away from the other streaming services, and why is HitNRun about to be exclusively available on Tidal?

Prince: Tidal is a new company, it’s brand new. They’re just getting their footing, and I think when there’s a company like that, or the OWN network—situations where we finally get into a position to run things—we all should help.

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/prince-makes-king-move-with-tidal-interview-999#axzz46UMjyylB
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I knew it. And he'll be a billionaire and stay on the payroll as a spokesman or a corporate position.

Tidal is losing money, they about to pay pennies on the dollar for it

Companies like Apple. Anheuser Busch,etc don't buy companies that's losing money. They buy companies that poses a threat to them.

not entirely true at all, but you know nothing about business, tidal is still losing money but apple can easily flip it with that portfolio, tidal will never in a million years take down apple or be a real threat. just look at the subscriber counts :(

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

#Tidal4all

In other words Jay brags about his European paintings and cars but he gets mad when people buythe lastest i phones but won't buy into tidal? Sounds hypocritical.

There you go again misinforming ppl smh
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

#Tidal4all

This ? argues like a woman
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Companies like Apple. Anheuser Busch,etc don't buy companies that's losing money. They buy companies that poses a threat to them.

not entirely true at all, but you know nothing about business, tidal is still losing money but apple can easily flip it with that portfolio, tidal will never in a million years take down apple or be a real threat. just look at the subscriber counts :(

I keep telling you fools that Tidal doesn't need to do Apple or Spotify numbers to be successful. Yall seem to think multiple companies can't be successful in the same space. Apple is Walmart, but there is room for Target.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 petty as ? but its hilarious tho lol.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hate to say this....Monizzle kinda killin ya'll softly in here... Jokes still lame but he droppin a gem every other post
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep telling you fools that Tidal doesn't need to do Apple or Spotify numbers to be successful. Yall seem to think multiple companies can't be successful in the same space. Apple is Walmart, but there is room for Target.
    But you got to admit that it's pretty stupid to have to sign up for a whole streaming service just to listen to one album. You come out better just buying the album in a store and just using your current service. Why I got to pay 8.99 a month for 3 different streaming services just to make sure I get my hands on certain artists albums? That's not good at all.
  • WiseKing
    WiseKing Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    interesting move
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    When cutler admitting i am right you know yall ? caping for hov. At the end of the day if jay decides to sell tidal to a larger company he is selling out his alleged motive to make tidal. That being it was a smaller scale streaming service for the fan and the artist.

If jay doesn't then hey he is sticking by his morals. Now can tidal long term stick around with it's small amount of user base like usmarine says? Only time will tell.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jay signs a deal that gives all his artist a better deal, more exposure and accessibility, is he still not supporting black business?

If those artist get a worldwide radio show like Dre, Drake, Khaled and QTip...isn't that supporting black business?

If iPhones are still the most popular in the market and people are taking up the Apple Music and can watch money and violence which is 10m subscribers...isn't that supporting black artists?

It's whether Jay negotiates a deal that is just good for him or is good for his artists too.
  • GetoBoy
    DNB1 wrote: »
    If Jay signs a deal that gives all his artist a better deal, more exposure and accessibility, is he still not supporting black business?

If those artist get a worldwide radio show like Dre, Drake, Khaled and QTip...isn't that supporting black business?

If iPhones are still the most popular in the market and people are taking up the Apple Music and can watch money and violence which is 10m subscribers...isn't that supporting black artists?

It's whether Jay negotiates a deal that is just good for him or is good for his artists too.

You'd think this would be the case guess not in sum ppl minds
  • GetoBoy
    Jay in a lose lose with you ? ....if he teams with Apple it's "he selling out he not representing for the ppl like he said he was" but if he doesn't you same ? gonna be like "Tidal is a L it'll never be Apple music"..... Dudes is real life haters and don't even realize it
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »

Nah bro. Jay gotta keep that ? for Africa, for the struggle, and a bunch of other cliché ? super ? let ooze out of their mouth.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    I think Jay's goal is to take Tidal public, in doing so he could easily make a billion dollars through an Initial Public Offering. All his partners would make millions in the process.

To early for an ipo, give it another 5 years