Who would win in a 2 on 2? Jordan & Pippen vs Lebron & Kobe

Options
124»

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron & Kobe
    Jordan/Pippen would be up 5 then Jordan would quit to go play sandlot baseball vs Jeter and Rivera then Kobe and Lebron would win vs Pippen.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan & Pippen
    d.green wrote: »
    Pippen is underrated especially on defense.

Lol the other way around. Pippen is overrated, especially on defense. That ? was not that good. Y'all just don't want to give Jordan his props, so you act like Pippen was 1b. Realistically speaking that ? was like 4th with Jordan being 1 and 2 and Phil Jackson being 3rd lol.

Pippen was 8X All NBA 1st Team Defense. FOH wit that overrated ? .

Kobe was 9X NBA 1st Team Defense, as was Michael Jordan. So by your logic Pippen is the 3rd best defender out of the 4 listed.

Makes you wonder, why are we talking about him again? Oh yeah, because he's OVERRATED.

Cuz the threads about him ?

enhanced-buzz-20026-1415063798-20.jpg
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did people even watch Pippen play? Pippen is considered one of the best defenders ever. He could lockdown PGs to big men.

If Bowen and Iggy can putt Lebron in cuffs and allow Jason Terry and Stevenson get in his head....c'mon man.

Name some of these pg's and big men he locked down and don't say mark jackson.

I figured homeboy wouldn't answer this he just regurgitating generic nostalgic replies about pippens defense

Did YOU watch pippen is the real question cuz he damn sure wasn't locking down no pg's or big men
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jordan & Pippen
    Did people even watch Pippen play? Pippen is considered one of the best defenders ever. He could lockdown PGs to big men.

If Bowen and Iggy can putt Lebron in cuffs and allow Jason Terry and Stevenson get in his head....c'mon man.

Yes, i'm going to say Mark Jackson. Was he not a NBA PG?

Pippen did work against Magic in the finals too. I want say he shut Magic down but he was put on a Magic after guarding Worthy and many feel he won that matchup.

I remember he pretty much shutout Charles Barkley in a game when he was in PHX, put the clamps on Larry Johnson and Chris Webber at times, Tony Kukoc in the olympics.

I mean Pippen usually guarded the opposing team's best player and the Bulls ran through the league for years , so do we really need to name names? ? was 20 years ago. You want me to remember every single matchup/game?

Maybe i shouldn't have said locked down but "played great defense vs PGs & big men" instead....is that better.

But you all can have it....Pippen sucks. He was all-defense for 12 years (8 first team) just because and averaged 20 pts a game (prime) at the same time because he's a scrub.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, i'm going to say Mark Jackson. Was he not a NBA PG?

Pippen did work against Magic in the finals too. I want say he shut Magic down completely but he was put on a Magic and did his thing.

I remember he shutout Charles Barkley in a game when he was in PHX, Tony Kukoc in the olympics put the clamps on Larry Johnson and Chris Webber. That's just off the top.

I mean Pippen usually guarded the opposing team's best player, so do we really need to name names?
    Bulls ran through the league for years and he was usually on the best player.

But you all can have it....Pippen sucks. He was all-defense for 12 years (8 first team) just because and averaged damn near 21 pts a game at the same time because he's a scrub.

:o Mark jackson who averaged 8-9ppg was shut down by pippen and you got that kukoc ? from the dream team doc.The biggest myth in sports is pippen shut magic down magic averaged like 19ppg 12 apg and 9 rebs with pippen guarding him you just regurgitating things you heard sheep ass ? .
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron & Kobe
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Folks forgot a prime younger Lebron getting Locked up by an older Bruce Bowen or a Prime Kobe getting locked up by Tayshawn Prince both happened in the Finals (and neither are no where near Pippen's level).

This is the last time I point this out, as I refuse to attempt to discuss anything with people that lack critical thinking skills and basic comprehension.

Guarding someone with help defense, zones, and teammate assistance is NOT EQUIVALENT to guarding someone 1V1 WITH LIMITED TO NO HELP. They're not even REMOTELY CLOSE. That is what we are talking about IN THIS THREAD.

Not to mention they throw multiple defenders at superstars to give them a different look, as good offensive players start to slowly pick apart the defender. This also gives the original defender rest as defense is very taxing, so great offensive players are met with a bunch of hurdles they have to overcome to continue their dominance.

In short, your comparison is garbage.

This is why I say the 16 Warriors could beat the 96 Bulls in a series. The Bulls in the 90s NEVER had to go against zone defenses, double teams OFF THE BALL, no illegal D to be called, bodies shading superstars in the paint, etc... The Warriors destroy zone defenses on a nightly basis because of the 3 ball, having 10 guys who can score double digits each night, and amazing ball movement.

Now back on topic. Pippen could GUARD LeBron- NO WAY he's LOCKING HIM DOWN 1v1 with no help. It's because of LeBron's driving ability and size that I give the advantage to Kobe/LeBron over MJ/Pippen.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan & Pippen
    MJ and Pip got chemistry over Kobe and Bron.
    Kobe and Bron were only teammates in The Olympics, MJ and Pip spent 10 years as teammates.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron & Kobe
    ? aint in here really thinking Pippen could lockdown either Lebron or Kobe are they? Lmao is he good enough defensively to maybe give them a little trouble at times, sure. But LOCKDOWN LMAO ? put the loud down.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron & Kobe
    Lebron and Kobe easy because the are still in basketball shape