President Barry Obama to police: Dallas shooting was a 'hate crime'...

2»

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure why people are mad at Obama for this. He's calling ? what it is. What the ? is he supposed to say?

I'm no fan, but that ? can't win. When he gets up and rightfully speaks out on police violence, he gets called a race baiter and gets blamed for any police death that happens after he says something. If he makes a Captain Obvious comment about the nature of the attack on some police, people bash him about that.

Everybody just needs to get off that ? 's nuts. He's going to be out of office soon and then you'll have Trump or Hillary. Good luck on that. I suspect either way, you'll be reversing your stance and trying to praise the ? out of Obama then.

doubtful. lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure why people are mad at Obama for this. He's calling ? what it is. What the ? is he supposed to say?

I'm no fan, but that ? can't win. When he gets up and rightfully speaks out on police violence, he gets called a race baiter and gets blamed for any police death that happens after he says something. If he makes a Captain Obvious comment about the nature of the attack on some police, people bash him about that.

Everybody just needs to get off that ? 's nuts. He's going to be out of office soon and then you'll have Trump or Hillary. Good luck on that. I suspect either way, you'll be reversing your stance and trying to praise the ? out of Obama then.

doubtful. lol

Bruh, you really think if Trump gets in office, people are going to be saying the same ? about Obama that they say now. Let's be real, there will be a lot of revisionist history being written if that happens.
  • CapitalB

doubtful. lol

Bruh, you really think if Trump gets in office, people are going to be saying the same ? about Obama that they say now. Let's be real, there will be a lot of revisionist history being written if that happens.

historically blacks do better when a republicans in office..
    so im all for it..

i say give the wigga a shot. lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Dylan Roof isn't being charged with a hate crime...man Obama has lost all of my respect. ? ? .

has he ever spoken on anything besides Treyvon martin? well he was raised by a white woman all of his life what else can we expect from him?

In terms of police abuse, he did speak on Gates, but then he ended up having a beer with the Cop to stave off criticism. Trayvon had him ducking for cover too. That man can't say ? supporting blacks, but he doesn't seem to want to try anymore either.
  • CapitalB

doubtful. lol

so im all for it..

i say give the wigga a shot. lol

lol I'm not talking about the fact that he's a republican. I'm talking about the fact that he's a lunatic.

maybe we need a lil crazy..

gotta destroy before we can rebuild..
    and who better?!

jus be real..
    u ? dont want change??
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-dallas-memorial-act-of-racial-hatred
    Obama Pays Tribute To Dallas Officers Slain In 'Act Of Racial Hatred'

President Obama gave an emotional speech Tuesday during an interfaith memorial service for the five police officers killed last week in Dallas, labelling the killings "an act of racial hatred."

In his speech, Obama noted that the protest where the shooting occurred had been peaceful and said the alleged shooter was motivated by hatred for white people.

"I know that Americans are struggling right now with what we have witnessed over the past week," Obama said. "First, the shootings in Minnesota and Baton Rouge, the protests. Then the targeting of police by the shooter here. An act not just of demented violence, but of racial hatred. All of it left us wounded and angry. And hurt. This is the deepest fault lines of our democracy that have suddenly been exposed, perhaps widened."

He also nodded to the tension between black Americans and the police, saying that while the protest in Dallas was interrupted by violence, officers had protected protestors even if they "profoundly disagreed" with each other.

"Despite the fact that police conduct was the subject of the protest, despite the fact that their must have been signs or slogans or chants with which they profoundly disagreed, these men and this department did their jobs like the professionals they were," he said.

Obama continued to focus on a message of both political and racial unity throughout his speech. He shared stories of protestors and police helping each other when bullets rang out in Dallas, and of those who both protested the police and mourned those officers who were killed.

But he also acknowledged that many are frustrated with a lack of action, lamenting how "inadequate" his own words had become in situations of violence. He called on all Americans to do their part to combat violence and bias.

"If we cannot even talk about these things, if we cannot talk honestly and openly, not just in the comfort of our own circles, but with those who look different than us or bring a different perspective, then we will never break this dangerous cycle," he said.

Though he focused much of the speech on respecting police officers and the danger of the job, Obama stressed that racism still exists in America and can influence the way that law enforcement treats blacks. He encouraged people to empathize with those who have lost family members who were killed by the police.

"But, even those who dislike the phrase, black lives matter, surely we should hear the pain of Alton Sterling's family," he said. "We should -- when we hear a friend describe him saying whatever he cooked, he cooked enough for everybody. That should sound familiar to us. Maybe he wasn't so different than us."
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    he supposed to get a pat on the back for stating thr obvious?? lol

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator

• stringer bell
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-at-dallas-memorial-police-officers-deserving-of-our-respect-and-not-our-scorn/
    Obama at Dallas Memorial: Police Officers ‘Deserving of Our Respect and Not Our Scorn’

President Obama delivered some remarks this afternoon at the memorial service for the Dallas police officers who were killed less than one week ago. The president individually mourned all five officers and preached a message of unity and love.

Obama spoke on the great risks officers across the country take every day when they put on their uniforms, remarking that “cops don’t expect to hear the words ‘thank you’ very often,” even the ones who “need it the most.”

He said that in the wake of great tragedy, America must reject “despair” and division and come together to mourn both the Dallas officers and the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile.

The president did strongly criticize protesters who would “paint all police as biased and bigoted” or engage in rhetoric calling for violence against the police. He said that does “a disservice to the very cause of justice that they claim to promote.”

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude said he was gunning for whites. So I mean duh. Does anyone here believe that blacks should be immune to hate crime legislation? The idea that Dylan Roof isn't catching hate crime charges is laughably false.

A black president that reacts to something like this with "lol #wingsonpigs" would be emotionally satisfying, but i don't wanna know what the country would look like afterwards.

Right wing cacs were already convinced that there is a wave of blacks violently hunting down whites w/ Obama's tacit approval. No need to validate that worldview.

You also don't want to give Trump anything to work with.
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    But Dylan Roof isn't being charged with a hate crime...man Obama has lost all of my respect. ? ? .

has he ever spoken on anything besides Treyvon martin? well he was raised by a white woman all of his life what else can we expect from him?

In terms of police abuse, he did speak on Gates, but then he ended up having a beer with the Cop to stave off criticism. Trayvon had him ducking for cover too. That man can't say ? supporting blacks, but he doesn't seem to want to try anymore either.

He spoke after Ferguson (after everyone here complained about him not speaking) and Baltimore (after everyone here complained about him not speaking) too.

And ? don't even remember, as demonstrated. Lol he really can't win with this so why bother.
  • Swiffness!
    edited July 2016

doubtful. lol

Official_Portrait_of_President_Reagan_1981.jpg

[img]http://? .org/vials.jpg[/img]

Reagan started a horrible plague in Black America in order to fund fascist death squads in South America.....lest we forget.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manufacturing job loss in the country has been devastating. When Obama took office we had lost so many jobs that he never had a chance to rebuild our economy without people going back to school. Once upon a time you could graduate high school and go straight to a factory and make a decent income. throw in some ot and you were comfortable middle class. the manufacturing jobs that replaced the ones we lost are low paying. Trump wont fix the economy because his focus is trade. Trade might send us into a depression. it will definitely send us into a recession because of his trade taxes the goods here in this country would become expensive while wages would remain the same. trump is not a smart business dude...smh

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, neither one of those crackas can stop my gravy train.
  • Swiffness!
    Obama Defends Black Lives Matter Protests at Police Memorial in Dallas

By Dave Boyer | The Washington Times

President Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement Tuesday at a memorial service for five slain Dallas police officers, saying bigotry remains in police departments across the U.S.

While paying tribute to the fallen officers for sacrificing their lives to protect others from a sniper, Mr. Obama also called on law enforcement agencies to root out bigotry.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/07/12/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-protests-police-memorial-dallas

Fox Nation is the extra racist spinoff site. Their comment section are always a half-literate lynch mob:

LiberalEnemyofFreedom 15 minutes ago
    libnuts mad because they dynamited that ni gguh to goo instead of shooting him full of holes ,,,,,,at a protest about shooting ni g guhs , hahahahahha you cant make this stuff up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rockon1963 15 minutes ago
    Obama should have apologized to the police there

oathkeeper10 17 minutes ago
    Red White and Blue Lives Matter!

cmikerescenzo 27 minutes ago
    now can we remove this ignorant subprimate from office

freesoilparty 20 minutes ago
    Booker T. Washington said black people need to get along or they are destined to be ni gg ers.

Reaganite's Redletter 21 minutes ago
    BLM leader lives in the home of members of Soros' Open Society. The Woods have owned the home since 1996 and are wealthy donors to the Baltimore chapter of George Soros’ Open Society Institute.

The Dallas shootings were used to take the attention away form Hillary's Email felonies and refocus attention toward their agenda, gun control.

^^^ damn conspiracy heads, did u know that? Lol stay woke
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama stay placating these cops who could give 2 ? about him.

He's supposed to be going rouge, since he's in his last term.

Instead of having "? the police" on his ring tone, ? got "We are the world" on his phone.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    I just imagine Obama sitting around a table of cops like “Aye if this ? was alive... If he was alive...bruh..looka here"

:joy: I'm dying

*fist hitting palm with each syllable*

"bruh for real for real...y'all killed him BUT IF YALL HADN'T THO?? I would've been right there with y'all. I woulda drove the robot myself cuh!"
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to agree with Barry O on this, but he's right...dude should've shot an Asian or Latino cop in the leg or something just to make it somewhat fair.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »

doubtful. lol

Official_Portrait_of_President_Reagan_1981.jpg

[img]http://? .org/vials.jpg[/img]

Reagan started a horrible plague in Black America in order to fund fascist death squads in South America.....lest we forget.

SMH @ u for thinking that ? started w/ Reagan haha
  • stringer bell
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/287406-obama-calls-families-of-two-men-killed-by-police
    Obama calls families of two men killed by police

DALLAS — President Obama on Tuesday called the family members of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, the two black men killed in police shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota that sparked nationwide outrage.

Obama made the calls aboard Air Force One en route to Dallas for a memorial service for the five police officers shot and killed in a sniper attack during a protest last week against Castile's and Sterling’s deaths.

The president offered “his and the first lady's condolences on behalf of the American people for the death of their loved ones," according to White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

Obama has faced pressure from some African-American activists to visit Baton Rouge, La., and Falcon Heights, Minn., the sites of the two shootings.

But Earnest suggested such a visit isn’t in the cards, noting that Obama has spoken out on the shootings multiple times in various venues.

"I think [too] many people of good faith who are fair-minded who are urging the president to travel to those places to shine a light on those situations, my observation would be: The president has shined a light on those situations,” he told reporters on board Air Force One.

“The president has raised the fact of these persistent racial disparities in our criminal justice system even without traveling directly to those communities."

Barry finally got around to calling both families...