Lurkristocrat
Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
whats ya take?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldnt you post this in the battle rap forum?

I wouldnt say one rounders is what killed it. I think the big stage is what killed it for me. Rappers cant even finish their schemes anymore. Crowds start cheering after hearing one third of it and ? up their flow. Or they boo too early. The bigger the stage, the weaker it is due to the crowd.

KOTD going back to pit style has been a HUGE improvement. There is still a lot of crowd interference, but it isnt as bad as URL's big event crowds.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

I wouldnt say one rounders is what killed it. I think the big stage is what killed it for me. Rappers cant even finish their schemes anymore. Crowds start cheering after hearing one third of it and ? up their flow. Or they boo too early. The bigger the stage, the weaker it is due to the crowd.

KOTD going back to pit style has been a HUGE improvement. There is still a lot of crowd interference, but it isnt as bad as URL's big event crowds.

? i thought i did
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

i cosign this btw
  • Lurkristocrat
    spitting 10 minute rounds is woat
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to watch almost every battle that was released the second they were released on every league/card. Now, even if the matchup is exciting i will barely peep a battle. I did check out Head ICE vs Bigg K though and that was a great battle.

Hollow vs Lux was my most anticipated battle of all time. Before that it was Mook vs Iron Solomon. After the Mook vs Solomon Disappointment and Lux vs Hollow living up to every expectation i had, ive been losing interest haha.

I still want to see:

Lux vs Arsonal
    Hollow vs Arsonal Rematch
    Mook vs Lux 3
    Dizaster vs Eurgh
    Shotgun Suge vs Hitman Holla
    Verb vs Lux
    Clips vs Mook
    Mook vs Surf

still a lot i want to see now that i think about it.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the evidence that br is dead, ? keep making this baseless claim, 1 rounders did ? potential full battles though.
  • Lurkristocrat
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Where is the evidence that br is dead, ? keep making this baseless claim, 1 rounders did ? potential full battles though.

it kills potential goat battles tho. its an exhibition for a pay day and the battles rarely can get off in a one rounder. its usually done by smaller leagues who can provide the dream match up but not the rounds.

its undercutting method and i think it cheapens the product.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    The Recipe wrote: »

I agree with the bold.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think battle rap is in a great space.It's not dead.I don't like one rounders,but ? be mixing it up now.2 on 2's etc.

Battle rappers everywhere from reality shows,to mtv and adult swim.

We go hard is the future and smack is bringing them on in.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's dead or dying. I think that's what people start chanting about anything when they outgrow something. Your experience is not everyone else's. I used to be down to watch anime about anything. Then I had a few choice ones. Now I don't watch at all. Does that mean the 13-episode anime arc killed anime? Nah, just means I got more things to occupy my time.

Personally, I like one-rounders. They're usually always front to back full of bangers and minimal filler. It's like getting straight Jack versus a Jack and Coke. You'll get ? up either way, but one cuts out all the *PG Steps* going back and forth to the bar.