Video.. Rep. Steve King: What Other 'Subgroup' Gave More To Civilization Than White People…

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-king-white-people-civilization
Rep. Steve King (R-IA) on Monday challenged the other participants on an MSNBC panel to name a "subgroup" that contributed more to civilization than white people.

That smoking hot take came moments after Esquire writer Charles Pierce declared that the 2016 Republican National Convention would be the last time "old white people" would command the attention of the Republican Party.

"This whole business does get a little tired, Charlie," King said. "I would ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you are talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

"Than white people?" MSNBC host Chris Hayes interjected.

"Than—than western civilization itself that's rooted in western Europe, eastern Europe and the United States of America, and every place where christianity settled the world," King said. "That's all of western civilization."

"But what about Africa, what about Asia?" reporter April Ryan asked.

Everyone on the panel then began furiously speaking over each other.

"We are not going to argue the history of civilization," Hayes said, trying to get the segment back on track.

"Let's argue the history of this country, okay?" Ryan said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-LBS_kpDQ

2quuqtd.gif

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That point can be made
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he also add the amount of diseases, hostility, oppression and just pure hatred that came over from Europe?

If not, don't need to hear it
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He a known racist tho. White people have largely gon unchecked due mostly to their brutality and to the victors go the history. Even if it's wrong
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea? And my question what other subgroup has done more drugs, particularly ? ?
  • blackgod813
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    That point can be made

If you know even a little history, no it cannot.

There winners....look out side its a white world
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing white people have and will never deal with is people in power that absolutely hate them.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares though? Squabbling over which race or nationality invented what is looking backwards.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    One thing white people have and will never deal with is people in power that absolutely hate them.

Probably won't ever happen, but if Black and the ever growing Hispanic population worked together even more would get done.

European Non-Hispanic Whites will eventually be the minority if not in our lifetime our kids lifetime.
  • blackgod813
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    That point can be made

If you know even a little history, no it cannot.

There winners....look out side its a white world

I'm confused by your name bruh..

A belief of what i am an the truth of a black ? ....My faith....now do white people not run the world make laws run society have the most money on tv ect...they stole a group. Of people an made them work for free savage....did not they win....? right or wrong haven't they won...???...
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people need to be taught history for real. That's part of the problem. For too long they've been allowed to pass on the false narrative that they did everything. I think white people would have more respect for other cultures if they understood that outside of Greece and Rome, Europe was irrelevant for most of human history.

What they mean is that through imperalism and colonialism they conquered the globe....

It is grounded in the philosophy of Lothrop Stoddard. ....

lnitqn6zjeg5.jpg

• JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of posters on this site that agree with Rep. King.........smh
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people need to be taught history for real. That's part of the problem. For too long they've been allowed to pass on the false narrative that they did everything. I think white people would have more respect for other cultures if they understood that outside of Greece and Rome, Europe was irrelevant for most of human history.

Romans and Greeks mixed with other people before becoming an empire. Its ridiculous for them to grab everything.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's text book white supremacy

Much like how detrimental it is on a sub-conscious level having the "son of ? " have white skin,blue eyes etc.etc.

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    WHITE people built the modern world THERE REALLY is no denying that ( how they did it is another thread) but it's more than a stretch and historically inaccurate to say that they brought more to civilization than some other people. To begin with in the past there was no CIVILIZATION there were CIVILIZATIONS. The seemingly global civilization that we live in today is a relatively new thing

The problem with white people is that they are too arrogant and that is why I ? on them when I get the chance for the good of the human species Europeans have to be knocked down a peg.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smp4life wrote: »
    Who cares though? Squabbling over which race or nationality invented what is looking backwards.

History is very important to a cultures self esteem and the kinds of people it produces with be a direct reflection of that cultural pride in the achievement of the past,
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THIS is EUROCENTRISM
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bambu wrote: »

What they mean is that through imperalism and colonialism they conquered the globe....

lnitqn6zjeg5.jpg

That doesn't change what I said. Europeans did a lot and @zzombie said, they made the modern world what it is, but what they did was built off foundations set by other groups and much of what they did would have failed if not for the voluntary and involuntary contributions of other groups.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bambu wrote: »

lnitqn6zjeg5.jpg

That doesn't change what I said. Europeans did a lot and @zzombie said, they made the modern world what it is, but what they did was built off foundations set by other groups and much of what they did would have failed if not for the voluntary and involuntary contributions of other groups.

I never said they didn't. .....

Just pointing out the philosophy and where it originated. .....