Trump Delegate Who Posts Under Online Handle 'Whitepride' Yanked From RNC...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lori-gayne-removed-rnc-delegate-white-pride
The Illinois Republican Party on Wednesday revoked credentials from one of its delegates to the Republican National Convention who made racially charged comments online and used the social media handle "whitepride," The Chicago Tribune reported.

Lori Gayne, a Trump delegate, posted on a photo of police officers to her Facebook on the opening day of the RNC, according to the report.

"Our brave snipers just waiting for some “N—- to try something. Love them," the caption read, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

"The Illinois Republican Party has zero tolerance for racism of any kind and threats of violence against anyone," Illinois state chairman Tim Schneider said in a statement to the Tribune. "Let me be unequivocally clear, racism and threats of violence have absolutely no place in the Illinois Republican Party or in a civil and inclusive society."

Gayne told the Sun-Times in a statement that she “in no way intended to make racist or threatening statements.” She said her comments were “ignorant and intolerant, and they cannot be justified." "I respect the decision of the Illinois Republican Party and understand their concerns about my safety and that of the entire Illinois delegation. Please accept my deepest apologies,” Gayne said, as quoted by the newspaper.

Gayne hadn't shied away from her racially charged Internet persona prior to the convention, either. The Tribune reported on Gayne's use of the social media handle "whitepride" in a profile on the state's delegates published back in May. She told the newspaper at the time that she was "proud to be white."

"Just like black people are proud to be black and now, as white people, whenever we say something critical we're punished as if we're racists," Gayne told the Tribune. "I'm tired of it. I'm very proud."

A spokeswoman for Trump didn't immediately respond Thursday to TPM's request for comment.

Damn.. A racist who happens to be Adolf Trump support.. That's truly mind blowing...

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funniest thing about Trump is he is just clearly stating what RNC politicians have being stating through nuances. It reminds me of that family guy episode where Brian became a republican and he's really loose wit it.

Rush Limbaugh tells him to chill, and he says he's just stating the truth. And Limbaugh goes, yeah I know but you have to lead pepole to that and let them come to that conclusion themselves.

Trump says ? that lowkey ? , get this heat how you want it. He ain't saying nothing they haven't been saying for years. How do they think he's gotten so much support. Talking bout his rawness has struck a coRd with voters...lol

He's just clearing saying what yall been saying.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why though? Ain't the jig been up?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Lol they're just trying to save face. The RNC is a KKK rally.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Lol they're just trying to save face. The RNC is a KKK rally.

She ain't get the memo she shoulda said "thug" instead of "? " it woulda all been good
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/sweet-gop-revokes-delegate-credentials-racist-fb-post/

img_0852-1-e1469058039200.jpg?w=990

"Our brave snipers just waiting for some “N—- to try something. Love them.”

CLEVELAND – The Illinois Republican Party on Wednesday revoked the convention credentials of a Donald Trump delegate from Chicago “for publicly-made racist comments and threats of violence” on a Facebook posting.

Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider told the Sun-Times the party, “has zero tolerance for racism of any kind and threats of violence against anyone.”

The executive committee of the Illinois GOP party made the decision regarding Fifth Congressional District delegate Lori Gayne after party officials said she confirmed to them she was the author of the offending post, made under a different name.

Gayne was elected a Trump delegate in the March Illinois Republican Primary from the North Side district.

Gayne told the Sun-Times on Wednesday she wrote the post, after a reporter from the newspaper raised the matter with her on Tuesday evening, while she was with the Illinois delegation on the convention floor.

The Republican National Convention welcome party was thrown Sunday at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. Gayne wrote, over a photo of law enforcement officials on the roof on the iconic building on the Lake Erie shore:

“Our brave snipers just waiting for some “N—- to try something. Love them.”

She used an abbreviation for the racial slur.

Schneider, the state party chairman, said in a statement, “I condemn in the strongest terms the racist comments and threats of violence made by Ms. Gayne, a member of our delegation to the Republican National Convention. Ms. Gayne brought the statements to the attention of Illinois Republican Party staff after being contacted by Lynn Sweet of the Chicago Sun-Times,” Schneider said in statement.

“Let me be unequivocally clear — racism and threats of violence have absolutely no place in the Illinois Republican Party or in a civil and inclusive society.

“The Illinois Republican Party believes that inciting violence against anyone attending the RNC places state delegations, demonstrators exercising their First Amendment rights, and law enforcement personnel needlessly in harm’s way. Therefore, I have consulted with the Executive Committee of the Illinois Republican Party and have revoked Ms. Gayne’s credentials as a delegate to the Republican National Convention.”

Gayne offered her “deepest apologies” in a statement, saying, “I strongly regret the offensive statements I recently made on social media. While I in no way intended to make racist or threatening statements, I now realize that they could be interpreted that way.

“I have the deepest respect for members of law enforcement and know that they put their lives on the line every day. I made the offensive statements in my attempt to applaud their courage in the face of protests. But I now realize that my statements were ignorant and intolerant, and they cannot be justified.

“The statements do not reflect my character or feelings toward minorities. As a Jewish woman, I know that racism of any kind is unjustifiable and hurtful, even when it’s not intended. I also know that violence is never the answer to political disagreements. I respect the decision of the Illinois Republican Party and understand their concerns about my safety and that of the entire Illinois delegation. Please accept my deepest apologies.”
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a Jew says "our snipers are posted ready for ? to act up" and she's just now realizing that it could be interpreted as racist?!!? So all her life ? like that was cool? ...then the ? got the ? to insinuate that the reason she was let go was for her own safety and the safety of others. unbelievable. I take that back. So believable
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do they always say I deeply regret....I never meant to offend anyone....it wasn't intended to be taken that way.

how is it supposed to be taken? what did u really mean? who did u intend to offend when u said ? ?

? it though it dont matter cuz honestly...? we don't like you either and we don't accept ur ? apology.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex keeps telling' y'all to get locked and loaded out 'chere because these racist white supremacists in the Republiklan party are getting ready to do the muthafuckin' fool. Racism and white supremacy ain't playin' with you lackadaisical and complacent muthafuckas.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Rex keeps telling' y'all to get locked and loaded out 'chere because these racist white supremacists in the Republiklan party are getting ready to do the muthafuckin' fool. Racism and white supremacy ain't playin' with you lackadaisical and complacent muthafuckas.
    just going to keep asking who is pushing to keep you disarmed, man...