Video: Austin,TX Cop Body Slams Black Woman, Another Says Black People Have ‘Violent Tendencies’

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sMpfm59hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jcVLFImHo

http://lawnewz.com/crazy/video-cop-slams-black-woman-to-ground-another-tells-her-black-people-have-violent-tendencies/
Recently released video shows the shocking arrest of 26-year-old Breaion King in Austin, Texas. She was slammed to the ground by police during a traffic stop, then was later told that black people have “violent tendencies.” Now Chief of Police Art Acevedo has publicly apologized on behalf of his officers.

The Austin-American Statesmen spoke to King about the June 15, 2015 incident. She said she’d just left a teaching job when Officer Bryan Richter pulled her over, apparently for speeding.

As seen on video, Richter stepped up to the driver’s side of her car, and questioned her.

“Put your feet back in your car so that I can close the door, please,” he told her. What changed his mind is not visible on tape, but he then told her to step out of her car. Things escalated, and he straight up body slammed her to the ground several times.

“Put your hands behind your back,” he said as he struggled with her.

“That’s what I was doing,” she said.

Other officers made it to the scene by the time she was handcuffed.

“I need a black police,” she told the white cops. “Because you’re full of ? .”

Richter told one of the other officers that he manhandled King in self-defense.

“She swung at me, though,” he said. In her interview with The Statesmen, King claimed she could not remember ever attacking him.

The story doesn’t end there. King reportedly demanded a ride with another cop, not Richter, and questioned this other officer. As depicted in separate police footage, she believed the violent arrest was racist, and said as much during the ride to jail.

“Why are so many people afraid of black people?” Officer Patrick Spradin said. “I can give you a really good idea why it might be that way. Violent tendencies.”

King was booked with resisting arrest. That case was later dismissed after prosecutors saw the dashcam video.

In an interview with KXAN, Chief Acevedo said he didn’t know about the incident until July 19, with a county prosecutor told him about it. Richter faces a criminal investigation over King’s arrest.

“I’ve also ordered an administrative inquiry into the chain of command and how they came to this decision and why it was not kicked up to my level,” Acevedo said. He later apologized in a press conference on Thursday: “I’m sorry that on the day you were stopped for going 15 miles an hour, you were approached and treated in a manner that is not consistent with this police chief and department.” He later criticized the “violent tendencies” comment: “We’re in 2016 and this will not be tolerated.”

Richter and Spradlin are on administrative duty while the investigation unfolds. –

Comments

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Remember we HAVE to vote, we cannot retaliate with violence, the officer is just doing his job, #bluelivesmatter
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me understand how has the white man convinced the whole that black people are the most violent people. They have killed why more people in the would then black people From The Americas to australia they have done the most damage

White people have killed and wiped out Native Americans to damn near extinction.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so....get in the car back in the car...move your leg so i can close the door....get out the car and stop resisting.....

ea that makes sense...

maybe she didnt have time to respond because everyone dont process ? the way others do
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any white feminist that black women love so much spoke out about this?
  • ghostdog56
    If she would have voted this would of never happened you can't complain about police brutality if you don't vote
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people generally don't give a ? about videos like this.

They lack empathy for us due to indoctrination of white-washed, revisionist history that has distorted their worldview.

They feel comfortable watching videos like this, but aren't comfortable watching a cow get slaughtered for the steak they enjoy.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    This cops logic is false. I enjoy the fact that he even had a convo with her, regardless of what he said being stupid as ? , but still, his logic is false.

You cannot look at the history of the united states of america, and come to the conclusion that somehow magically black people are just inherently violent. Only a racist, and a buffoon would come to that conclusion.

You cant even just look out into the real world and think that. White people are out here committing the same crimes as black people, if not also having a pension for more heinous crimes, and are usually serial killers when a serial killer is present.

People have that perception of black people, and he has it too, he was just trying to be careful to not get himself into trouble. They have that perception because they want to.

People can yell and scream black on black statistics in relation to the proportion all they want. But we know white people can be equally just as violent as anyone on planet earth. The color of your skin means nothing in relation to violent tendencies.

Its funny that he insinuates people think we're violent, but shes not the one who ripped a white police officer out of their car because her ego got hurt. He, a white man, was mad she wasnt listening to every order he said, because she was scared, and he ripped her out her car and slammed her like a rag doll. BUT WE'RE VIOLENT!!??

He didnt take the time to descalate the situation. Let her know this is just for his and her safety. Just to please stay in the car until he is done, and we can resolve this issue.

NO, he resorted immediately to violence to rectify his issue, AND YOURE CALLING US VIOLENT. WOW. I just dont understand this anti black logic, ever.

Lemme take a few million white people, and just take them through only 3 generations of violent slavery, then 100 years of racism, violence, prejudice, lies, and general disenfranchising. After that, things wont be great for a few decades, but you will still suffer the same ? , just in more subtle ways. After i do that, i bet those white people end up with the same problems that black people currently face. Where the majority will be good, upstanding people, and there will be a problematic small scatted few in comparison to the "good ones", that our country as a whole need to work together to fix those communities.

• ghostdog56
    Maybe he is just following Hillary Clinton's lead about us being super predators.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, they need to read "Medieval Upheaval a catalogue of ? european evils" 98% of the sources are from Europeans. I mean ? the mongols had the biggest numbers until Europeans came and swept through.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Acevedo is a ?

He also said he was embarrassed and sorry about that teenager that the APD shot and killed earlier this year

That Officer had no charges filed against him ....
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amusing when these types attempt to high-horse violent action as what others are guilty of. "Whip-? " didn't come from kind-hearted non-violence; neither did the lovely tradition of ritualistic torture & intimidation.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I love that they had a civil conversation, the black woman hit the nail on the head. Whether they are racist before getting the job or not there definitely IS something that clicks while on the job.

The cop is right too but not in the way one may think he is. What the cop is talking about is more or less perception. People percieve blacks to be more violent because that's the image they get from the media. Constant talk about black on black crime, gangbanging, drug shootouts, hell if I didn't know any better I'd think all ? are out here wilding too.

In fact when I hear 64 people shot in Chicago over the weekend I think that by the end of the year the whole city will be dead. Logically that doesn't even make sense but what other image could one have about such nonsense as that?

Bad news and negativity always spread faster. Anything negative that happens involving black people makes the news. You have thousands of news sites, 24 hour news channels and you begin to build perceptions based on that regardless of whether its true or not.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Have any white feminist that black women love so much spoke out about this?

@desertrain10
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Watched this yesterday. Real talk... He overreacted, but she could have easily avoided this. They are both at fault.
  • A Talented One
    jono wrote: »
    I love that they had a civil conversation, the black woman hit the nail on the head. Whether they are racist before getting the job or not there definitely IS something that clicks while on the job.

The cop is right too but not in the way one may think he is. What the cop is talking about is more or less perception. People percieve blacks to be more violent because that's the image they get from the media. Constant talk about black on black crime, gangbanging, drug shootouts, hell if I didn't know any better I'd think all ? are out here wilding too.

In fact when I hear 64 people shot in Chicago over the weekend I think that by the end of the year the whole city will be dead. Logically that doesn't even make sense but what other image could one have about such nonsense as that?

Bad news and negativity always spread faster. Anything negative that happens involving black people makes the news. You have thousands of news sites, 24 hour news channels and you begin to build perceptions based on that regardless of whether its true or not.

Black people do commit more violent crime though (proportionately). That's a fact, and there is no getting around it.

What explains that fact, of course, is a whole other issue. I would ultimately put the blame on whites, but that's just me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched this yesterday. Real talk... He overreacted, but she could have easily avoided this. They are both at fault.

shes at fault how....because she got out the car....please tell me.

so a woman getting out the car is a threat..even when she gets back in the car but leaves her foot out....

yea.....she could have done more....im sure
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. I just thought people attacked you solely for being an independent thinker and not falling into IC groupthink. But I was wrong. You really are a ? .
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have violent tendencies (says the cop who body-slammed a female).

We have violent tendencies (says the cop who represents a systemic apparatus that profiles, incarcerates, and kills black people).

We have violent tendencies (says the cop who's ancestors are responsible for slavery, genocide on the Native Americans, and worldwide ethnic cleansing).

The irony/hypocrisy of his statement is mind-boggling.
  • A Talented One
    jono wrote: »

Black people do commit more violent crime though (proportionately). That's a fact, and there is no getting around it.

What explains that fact, of course, is a whole other issue. I would ultimately put the blame on whites, but that's just me.

What the ? .

Someone tell me what's wrong with what I said.
  • A Talented One

Damn. I just thought people attacked you solely for being an independent thinker and not falling into IC groupthink. But I was wrong. You really are a ? .

You were right the first time.

I watch that video and I think if she had co-operated he would have given her a ticket and kept it moving. Which is not to say that he is blameless for his subsequent conduct.
  • A Talented One

shes at fault how....because she got out the car....please tell me.

so a woman getting out the car is a threat..even when she gets back in the car but leaves her foot out....

yea.....she could have done more....im sure

She's at fault cause she refused to follow a simple order to fully get back in the car.