Sir ? Barkley defends stance on police: 'We'd be living in the Wild Wild West' without cops...

Options
2»

Comments

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , it's chaos and the Wild Wild West with law enforcement. They ain't stopping ? .
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All I got from that interview is that society needs police officers.

Police officers ? up and everyone needs to admit that.

We ALSO have to police(check) ourselves

We cause some of our problems ourselves.

Black folks point the finger at others but it's blasphemy to accept our own faults. Nobody can ever speak on that or they're a ? .

I agree with all of that ? bro. What exactly is wrong with those comments?
    Yeah your a ? . But let me explain why your one. Police were designed from the jump, HUNDREDS of years ago, to harrass the black community. They started as slave patrols & throughout history have committed some of the most egregious acts against black ppl. These acts were happening before BLM, before Barkley became a ? , and before Sherriff Clarke was a ? uncle Tom. So WHY NOW are WE supposed to take responsibility for what the police have been DESIGNED to do to us from centuries ago? What exactly could black folks do better to stop what cops was doing to us since their existence in America?

You sir are a ? . Barkley is a proud sell out who does not need to speak on any black issues
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Black folks point the finger at others but it's blasphemy to accept our own faults. Nobody can ever speak on that or they're a ? .

Every ? doesn't have to be dudley do right for police brutality to be a relevant topic..

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

If a white person has a complaint you would bring up mass shooters or child molestation in the white community and tell them to “do better"

You might be a ?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because we talking about practice police brutality man. If a button on my tv ain't working and I call you to come fix it, don't talk to me about some "well you didn't pay the cable bill on time last month so..."

Stick to the topic at hand. We gon talk about these killings and how to stop cops from getting off for committing crimes on camera that none of us would get off for doing with the same video evidence. Black on black crime is black on crime. Police brutality is police brutality.

I had some paragraphs as a response to this but it isn't necessary. To sum it up....

Sometimes when some ppl say "what about black on black crime?" It's not an answer to deflect from police brutality. Sometimes they want to address both issues because both are equally as important to them.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Richard Sherman, All lives matter

It’s hard to formulate an opinion and generalize because they have several different messages. Some of them are peaceful and understandable and some of them are very radical and hard to support. Any time you see people who are saying, ‘Black Lives Matter,’ and then saying it’s time to ? police, then it is difficult to stand behind that logic. They are generalizing police just like they are asking police not to generalize us. It is very hypocritical. So, in that respect, I find it difficult to fully support that movement. I stand by what I said that All Lives Matter and that we are human beings. And speaking to police, I want African-Americans and everybody else treated decently. I want them treated like human beings. And I also want the police treated like human beings. I don’t want police officers just getting knocked off in the street who haven’t done anything wrong. Those are innocent lives.

According to the Stanford graduate the movement is about killing police but those cop deaths happened This month, only 3 weeks ago.. BLM is over 2 years old
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because we talking about practice police brutality man. If a button on my tv ain't working and I call you to come fix it, don't talk to me about some "well you didn't pay the cable bill on time last month so..."

Stick to the topic at hand. We gon talk about these killings and how to stop cops from getting off for committing crimes on camera that none of us would get off for doing with the same video evidence. Black on black crime is black on crime. Police brutality is police brutality.

I had some paragraphs as a response to this but it isn't necessary. To sum it up....

Sometimes when some ppl say "what about black on black crime?" It's not an answer to deflect from police brutality. Sometimes they want to address both issues because both are equally as important to them.

It is always a deflection because no other communities crimes committed intraracially are described as white on white crime, latino on latino crime, etc.

If you went to the doctor for a broken finger would it make sense for them to ask you about your ankles before they have addressed what is going on with your broken finger?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the idea that without cops we would be living in the wild wild west is ? . cops do not prevent crime. cops arrest folks after the crime has been committed. the cops role is that of crime solver. the idea that cops bring law and order is bogus. just look at Rio.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most people didn't read. They reacting to the headline
  • Copper
    Options

Sometimes they want to address both issues because both are equally as important to them.

They are free to do that at any time when police brutality isn't being discussed.

They are free to speak to community leaders and organizations in the hood that fight crime.

Do they?

Why does that conversation always supersede the original one?
  • Copper
    Options
    @atalentedone why u wack my post?

U think his wife look good?

Come out the bushes Lil ? ?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Barkley's essentially saying in the Wild West line is "without cops it'll be hard for rich ? like me to keep ? like you from robbing me".
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ever notice how people like Barkley, Stacey Dash, and others will almost never say things like that in the company of intelligent black people with opposing augments? Barkley will say "whoever doesn't like it can kiss my ass" but his ass will never do a sit down with people like Michael Eric Dyson, Cornel West, etc and debate them on these issues. He only wants to talk when he's in the company of white people who support the "Fox News" mentality.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Ever notice how people like Barkley, Stacey Dash, and others will almost never say things like that in the company of intelligent black people with opposing augments? Barkley will say "whoever doesn't like it can kiss my ass" but his ass will never do a sit down with people like Michael Eric Dyson, Cornel West, etc and debate them on these issues. He only wants to talk when he's in the company of white people who support the "Fox News" mentality.

Because they'll sun him to an oblivion
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall leave tap dancing chuck alone, he has a spouse with special needs
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what does that have to do with cops shooting none threatening unarmed blacks? 0. Stop giving this ? attention.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is anything good about this entire sorry situation it's the fact that the real ? bafoons and "safe" black are exposed but also some real strong smart leaders are stepping up. Shout out to killer mike
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tired of people having to beall kumbaya and say cops have feelings too.. and mention the cops everytime they mention our rage/anger and cry for justice.. ? them..

its never that way with the other side tired of this conciliatory ?
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    he aint lie tho , law enforcement is needed in any country or there would be some chaos.

jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    he aint lie tho , law enforcement is needed in any country or there would be some chaos.
    Who ever said law enforcement wasn't needed???

thats what the headline says

Straw man ? , why is he under the impression that people think they don't need police in society, we need decent police

Yeah, we need honest and decent police that don't try and plant evidence/drugs on young Brothas just to meet a quota. And like mentioned, this subject always comes w/ a spin when they get caught on cam committing murder, smh. Like anyone else would be able to get away w/ that....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Richard Sherman, All lives matter

It’s hard to formulate an opinion and generalize because they have several different messages. Some of them are peaceful and understandable and some of them are very radical and hard to support. Any time you see people who are saying, ‘Black Lives Matter,’ and then saying it’s time to ? police, then it is difficult to stand behind that logic. They are generalizing police just like they are asking police not to generalize us. It is very hypocritical. So, in that respect, I find it difficult to fully support that movement. I stand by what I said that All Lives Matter and that we are human beings. And speaking to police, I want African-Americans and everybody else treated decently. I want them treated like human beings. And I also want the police treated like human beings. I don’t want police officers just getting knocked off in the street who haven’t done anything wrong. Those are innocent lives.

According to the Stanford graduate the movement is about killing police but those cop deaths happened This month, only 3 weeks ago.. BLM is over 2 years old

Richard Sherman is dead wrong, but I can see "why" he'd be misinformed so bad after somebody was using his picture to talk about killing white folks last year.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-15_at_12-e1442333575527.jpg
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    When his Bill Cosby/OJ day come, he's gonna be sick as a dog.

When it does, he can't come back over to this side.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    maureen-barkley-1_thumb.jpg

There's so many things about this picture, I just can't even do it...

Who is the chick in your sig who's dress popped?
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sobek wrote: »

They wont ever do a proper debate with those minds. They would get demolished.

Black people need to stop doing spots on fox period. Stick to the debate and lecture circuit like other intellectuals do.

8 minute spots on cnn, msnbc, and fox news is complete and utter garbage.

You wanna really change things. Get these people to sit down with you in an hour and a half minimum debate, and watch how they crumble, and their careers end.

Even idiotic human beings like dinesh d'souza can get my respect for actually sitting down and debating it out. Thats where the real test of valor is. You cant troll forever.

Even in the town hall debate with oreilly vs jon stewart, oreilly had to basically resort to clowning around to avoid getting demolished, and jon stewart being the ? he is, let him.

Jon stewart, the comedian when its convenient, and political activist all other times. "Oh wait guys, this is a comedy news show. Dont take us seriouis". Then proceeds to have a very serious conversation about varying topics, and serious conversations with host on varying topics. Coward!

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    @atalentedone why u wack my post?

U think his wife look good?

Come out the bushes Lil ? ?

You know why. Dude has stated he doesn't rock wuth black women in his area and has cooned it up on here repeatedly for years.