JOE BUDDEN FREESTYLE ON FUNK FLEX! GOES IN!!!

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vFqc5n6HdM#t=163

"Sometimes you gotta show the kids you really ran with the Roc"

Comments

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He mumble alot
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I GOATed the T/S.

It was a decent freestyle but I've heard better.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    classic Joe right here

GOAT
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When actually you think about how long Joe Budden been in the game it's sad how underwhelming his career is. I remember when dude first came out on clue mixtapes- that ? had to be more than 15 yrs ago. *feels old*. Skill wise, he had potential to be at least what Fab was. Not sure if it was his work ethic or him just not choosing to go commercial.

• d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    That was actually dope.. Can't front one bit. I was ready stop listening after 30 secs but actually listened the whole ? .
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    When actually you think about how long Joe Budden been in the game it's sad how underwhelming his career is. I remember when dude first came out on clue mixtapes- that ? had to be more than 15 yrs ago. *feels old*. Skill wise, he had potential to be at least what Fab was. Not sure if it was his work ethic or him just not choosing to go commercial.

Well his catalogue is deep so I think u answered your question with the commercial thing
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But wasn't that line he quoted from a Jay Z song(Dear Summer) that was a response to Joe Budden's subliminals?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was there an interview link ??
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There used to be a youtube vid with the full breakdown on how Def Jam (implying it was all Jay Z's doing) ? Joe's career, but he never actually did anything to fix it (on a mainstream level).
    Couldnt find it tho.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

But wasn't that line he quoted from a Jay Z song(Dear Summer) that was a response to Joe Budden's subliminals?

That was a response to Game.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Nah it was a response to Game cuz he was really heavy with the Jay name dropping....more than usual lol.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just Blaze the GOAT
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

lol @ work ethic, this guy is the only rapper to consistently drop 8-10 minute songs (that somehow don't feel that long) with no hook

Def Jam ? up his first album completely from promotion to production, his own fans didn't know when it was coming out, they changed the album name at the last minute....

if they had properly capitalized off the mainstream success of Pump it Up and the street success of Focus he woulda blew up like 50 or close to it
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe actually smashed that cypher... Dope schitt...
  • soul rattler
    Options

Note to Jay Z, THIS is a triple entendre:

1- Joe "ran with the ROC"... Joe Budden's love/hate relationship with Rocafella and Jay Z
    2- Joe "ran with the rock"... Budden chasing those Drake stans down the street with giant rocks in his hands
    3- Joe "ran with the rock"... implying that Joe moved weight on the street corner back in the day

Fire lyrics.

3 is a reach.

I aint the biggest Budden fan, but I've never heard him claim to be a ? dealer.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1- Joe "ran with the ROC"... Joe Budden's love/hate relationship with Rocafella and Jay Z
    2- Joe "ran with the rock"... Budden chasing those Drake stans down the street with giant rocks in his hands
    3- Joe "ran with the rock"... implying that Joe moved weight on the street corner back in the day

Fire lyrics.

3 is a reach.

You might be right... I think he was actually a ? addict.

image.png?w=580
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Fire lyrics.

3 is a reach.

He said he did for a while in his podcast, but its Joe so there's a 20% chance its true. He denies doing ? but for whatever reason prefers to be called a dusthead.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, I think joey pump it up freestyle reply was better than jayz pump it up freestyle