Lord Jamar: Desiigner Wouldn't Be So Bad if He Could Rap, He's Horrible

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kz4ip58H9k
Desiigner and Future don't have a similar stage presence, fashion sense and aren't even close in age with each other, however, when it comes to the similarities in their cadence and style of music, many can't differentiate the two through audio. In discussing the novice rapper reaching his peak with the success of "Panda," Lord Jamar explains how the "Boom Bap" sound is designed for New Yorkers because of their accent and says despite Desiigner being a Brooklynite, he has a southern intonation. "He sounds like he's from down there. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he could really rap." He said. "I saw his Tim Westwood freestyle—he was horrible."

With Trap music taking over Hip-Hop these days, the rapper says he understands why Desiigner may have decided to take that route than to continue the traditional New York sound. "If you want to be poppin', I guess you gotta do some southern-type s***."

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ole hating ass ?

Jamar ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Lol @ wouldn't be so bad if he could rap. Isn't that what this ? is all about? Lol
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muhannad wrote: »
    I guess the internet has broken down barriers and these young n*ggas get influenced by what's hot. That Tim Westwood freestyle was cringe worthy. Ion think that bitin' a*s n*gga will be around for long, even with the Kanye cosign...
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    The South runs hip hop. We create trends and ? follow em! Y'all shoulda listened to Andre 3000 bc the South got something to say!
    You're right. The south's rize symbolized the regression of the emcee to just being complementary to the beat. You don't have to be nice anymore to get on. Being able to rap is actually shunned by them. All of them emphasize that their hustlers and not rappers ("Miss me with that rap sh*t"). Being able to express yourself is seen as a bad thing, because these mumbling, mushmouth n*ggas can't string 2 sentences together when interviewd. Actually presenting yourself as a professional and taking your craft seriously is a bad thing now. That's why these rappers have a few hits butn fall off just as fast as they got on and that's why they show no growth.

The south got the game to where unwritten rules don't apply anymore. Biting is allowed now. Trying to sound like the next rapper is not only accepted but the norm now. Being a customer/ dopefiend is accepted and even glorified now. N*ggas be on lean when interviewd, nodding off and slurring, sounding stupid. These n*ggas lowered the bar to where mushmouth rappers who can't even talk can sustain by mumbling incoherent sh*t over recycled beats. Anybody can duplicate their sound. That's why even a white b*tch from Australia can sound like a Southern rapper. A 17 y/o dopefiend from BK can do their style better than they can lol.

So it's the souths fault that ny ? can't get a run unless they bite?
    We got the game like that?
    And I hope you know that's not the whole souths style
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord Jamar strikes again
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jummy, Jummy, Jummy, Jamar.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Jummy, Jummy, Jummy, Jamar.

Jummy jummy jummy Jamar
    He be ? on Vlad too hard
    Hate every new ? rapping
    To get free promo on camera
    Jamar broke he got EBT
    He on vlad tv wildin for wallet
    Hate every new ? rapping
    To get free promo on camera

? ? ?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have this same talk with my older bro....Gotta understand, these kids came up on that south ? and its popular so they mimic it....I think in a lil while someone will come along and will being to incorporate their own thing to whats popular and make some new ? out of that....anyways was just listening to this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPMhOOYVXT0
    Hold On-Brand Nubian
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The south been holdin hip hop down back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9MpmOz4MGg

#nobars

No way anyone can tell me the likes of Migos, Travis Porter, Future, Rae Sremmurd, Cash Out, K Camp, Young Thug, ect..., all repping the south, has been progressive for Hip Hop. The bad thing is their styles have infiltrated other regions and produced, Fetty Wap, Desiigner, OT Genasis.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    You named too many one hit wonders
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Desiigner>>>>>>>>>2pac
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You named too many one hit wonders

Thats the point. The industry gas up these mumble mouth southern rappers by the case load and folks think thats all the south has to offer as well as say the south run Hip Hop right now when its just a bunch of one hit wonders and no real artist with longevity.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be so bad at rapping if I could rap.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I guess the internet has broken down barriers and these young n*ggas get influenced by what's hot. That Tim Westwood freestyle was cringe worthy. Ion think that bitin' a*s n*gga will be around for long, even with the Kanye cosign...
    The South runs hip hop. We create trends and ? follow em! Y'all shoulda listened to Andre 3000 bc the South got something to say!
    You're right. The south's rize symbolized the regression of the emcee to just being complementary to the beat. You don't have to be nice anymore to get on. Being able to rap is actually shunned by them. All of them emphasize that their hustlers and not rappers ("Miss me with that rap sh*t"). Being able to express yourself is seen as a bad thing, because these mumbling, mushmouth n*ggas can't string 2 sentences together when interviewd. Actually presenting yourself as a professional and taking your craft seriously is a bad thing now. That's why these rappers have a few hits butn fall off just as fast as they got on and that's why they show no growth.

The south got the game to where unwritten rules don't apply anymore. Biting is allowed now. Trying to sound like the next rapper is not only accepted but the norm now. Being a customer/ dopefiend is accepted and even glorified now. N*ggas be on lean when interviewd, nodding off and slurring, sounding stupid. These n*ggas lowered the bar to where mushmouth rappers who can't even talk can sustain by mumbling incoherent sh*t over recycled beats. Anybody can duplicate their sound. That's why even a white b*tch from Australia can sound like a Southern rapper. A 17 y/o dopefiend from BK can do their style better than they can lol.

Beanie Sigel was talking about lean and pills for years....it ain't just southern rappers who did that ? ...
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Beanie Sigel was talking about lean and pills for years....it ain't just southern rappers who did that ? ...
    Rappers been fiends long before the south rose to prominence. Whodini rapped about it. Them Wu Tang n*ggas been (self admitted) dustheads. Keith Murray used to be spaced out and I could go on and on. Unlike these new rappers I was referring to these emcees were nice. You would never hear Rae or Sigel spit a garbage freestyle like that Tim Westwood freestyle Lord Jamar was talking about. These new n*ggas are fiends/ amateurs who just lucked up on an easy, lazy hustle. All it takes is a chant/ a catchphrase/ a dance etc. to get on nowadays. That's what the south has turned this game into.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye'en lying! Only makes sense since the majority of African Americans reside down here!
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

west coast still doing it's thing, they've managed to maintain a unique sound.

Something happened in the 2000s to New York that made most their artists just adopt other sounds.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »

Rappers been fiends long before the south rose to prominence. Whodini rapped about it. Them Wu Tang n*ggas been (self admitted) dustheads. Keith Murray used to be spaced out and I could go on and on. Unlike these new rappers I was referring to these emcees were nice. You would never hear Rae or Sigel spit a garbage freestyle like that Tim Westwood freestyle Lord Jamar was talking about. These new n*ggas are fiends/ amateurs who just lucked up on an easy, lazy hustle. All it takes is a chant/ a catchphrase/ a dance etc. to get on nowadays. That's what the south has turned this game into.

So why didnt the northeast do something about it instead of joining in on the fuckery? :joy:

Waits for the excuses.....
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The South changed hip hop

For the worse