2»

Comments

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Muhannad wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I guess the internet has broken down barriers and these young n*ggas get influenced by what's hot. That Tim Westwood freestyle was cringe worthy. Ion think that bitin' a*s n*gga will be around for long, even with the Kanye cosign...
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    The South runs hip hop. We create trends and ? follow em! Y'all shoulda listened to Andre 3000 bc the South got something to say!
    You're right. The south's rize symbolized the regression of the emcee to just being complementary to the beat. You don't have to be nice anymore to get on. Being able to rap is actually shunned by them. All of them emphasize that their hustlers and not rappers ("Miss me with that rap sh*t"). Being able to express yourself is seen as a bad thing, because these mumbling, mushmouth n*ggas can't string 2 sentences together when interviewd. Actually presenting yourself as a professional and taking your craft seriously is a bad thing now. That's why these rappers have a few hits butn fall off just as fast as they got on and that's why they show no growth.

The south got the game to where unwritten rules don't apply anymore. Biting is allowed now. Trying to sound like the next rapper is not only accepted but the norm now. Being a customer/ dopefiend is accepted and even glorified now. N*ggas be on lean when interviewd, nodding off and slurring, sounding stupid. These n*ggas lowered the bar to where mushmouth rappers who can't even talk can sustain by mumbling incoherent sh*t over recycled beats. Anybody can duplicate their sound. That's why even a white b*tch from Australia can sound like a Southern rapper. A 17 y/o dopefiend from BK can do their style better than they can lol.

Beanie Sigel was talking about lean and pills for years....it ain't just southern rappers who did that ? ...
    Rappers been fiends long before the south rose to prominence. Whodini rapped about it. Them Wu Tang n*ggas been (self admitted) dustheads. Keith Murray used to be spaced out and I could go on and on. Unlike these new rappers I was referring to these emcees were nice. You would never hear Rae or Sigel spit a garbage freestyle like that Tim Westwood freestyle Lord Jamar was talking about. These new n*ggas are fiends/ amateurs who just lucked up on an easy, lazy hustle. All it takes is a chant/ a catchphrase/ a dance etc. to get on nowadays. That's what the south has turned this game into.

So why didnt the northeast do something about it instead of joining in on the fuckery? :joy:

Waits for the excuses.....

? lack of talent just made them follow the trend....They mastered the art of mimicry, and are churning out hits....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    a_list wrote: »
    I guess the internet has broken down barriers and these young n*ggas get influenced by what's hot. That Tim Westwood freestyle was cringe worthy. Ion think that bitin' a*s n*gga will be around for long, even with the Kanye cosign...
    The South runs hip hop. We create trends and ? follow em! Y'all shoulda listened to Andre 3000 bc the South got something to say!
    You're right. The south's rize symbolized the regression of the emcee to just being complementary to the beat. You don't have to be nice anymore to get on. Being able to rap is actually shunned by them. All of them emphasize that their hustlers and not rappers ("Miss me with that rap sh*t"). Being able to express yourself is seen as a bad thing, because these mumbling, mushmouth n*ggas can't string 2 sentences together when interviewd. Actually presenting yourself as a professional and taking your craft seriously is a bad thing now. That's why these rappers have a few hits butn fall off just as fast as they got on and that's why they show no growth.

The south got the game to where unwritten rules don't apply anymore. Biting is allowed now. Trying to sound like the next rapper is not only accepted but the norm now. Being a customer/ dopefiend is accepted and even glorified now. N*ggas be on lean when interviewd, nodding off and slurring, sounding stupid. These n*ggas lowered the bar to where mushmouth rappers who can't even talk can sustain by mumbling incoherent sh*t over recycled beats. Anybody can duplicate their sound. That's why even a white b*tch from Australia can sound like a Southern rapper. A 17 y/o dopefiend from BK can do their style better than they can lol.

Beanie Sigel was talking about lean and pills for years....it ain't just southern rappers who did that ? ...
    Rappers been fiends long before the south rose to prominence. Whodini rapped about it. Them Wu Tang n*ggas been (self admitted) dustheads. Keith Murray used to be spaced out and I could go on and on. Unlike these new rappers I was referring to these emcees were nice. You would never hear Rae or Sigel spit a garbage freestyle like that Tim Westwood freestyle Lord Jamar was talking about. These new n*ggas are fiends/ amateurs who just lucked up on an easy, lazy hustle. All it takes is a chant/ a catchphrase/ a dance etc. to get on nowadays. That's what the south has turned this game into.

So why didnt the northeast do something about it instead of joining in on the fuckery? :joy:

? lack of talent just made them follow the trend....They mastered the art of mimicry, and are churning out hits....

Who's gotta lack of talent? NYC?
  • a_list

Yea, let me rephrase that, those that follow the trend lack of creativity, cuz it takes some talent to be able to mimic that ? like they do..
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's got a point tho. If you're going to be wack as ? , you better come on some southern ? at least.
  • Stew

Yea, let me rephrase that, those that follow the trend lack of creativity, cuz it takes some talent to be able to mimic that ? like they do..

But that's not what I was saying tho. NYC is supposed to be the almighty "MECCA" of Hip Hop right? Eventually u would think they would step their foot down and bring the ? back to the "essence" right? Hmmm
  • a_list
    edited July 2016

But that's not what I was saying tho. NYC is supposed to be the almighty "MECCA" of Hip Hop right? Eventually u would think they would step their foot down and bring the ? back to the "essence" right? Hmmm

Yea, I dont know about that...these new cats are just happy being down...If anything new materializes from whats going on, itll just be a change in the music....If those cats werent accepted like they are, then it might be that hostility where someone says, I have to show these cats...But like I said, there isnt anyone coming at them and they're making hits....I think eventually someone will come along and be able to blend the styles and then someone after them will take that and make their own thing from there though....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY hip hop is either ? boy biters or ? boy ? reminiscing about ? that happened before they were born
    Joseph Bad Ass, looking at you
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    WORD, THIS CAT DOESN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY hip hop is either ? boy biters or ? boy ? reminiscing about ? that happened before they were born

1999 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New English.

Bada$$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Desiigner

Fight me.
  • BackInWhite
    Like Water wrote: »

1999 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New English.

Bada$$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Desiigner

Fight me.

For what?
    I'm quite sure them ? is way better than anything great value future could even dream of creating
    Doesn't stop Joseph from having a style he can't have cultivated on his own due to the time period he was brought up in
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »

Fight me.

For what?
    I'm quite sure them ? is way better than anything great value future could even dream of creating
    Doesn't stop Joseph from having a style he can't have cultivated on his own due to the time period he was brought up in

There's nothing new under the sun. At this point, in hip-hop, everyone is borrowing SOMETHING from someone else. Some are blatantly stealing, and some just take bits and pieces to try to create something unique.

Desiigner bites the ? outta Future while Chance The Rapper has elements of Wyclef, Wayne, Kendrick and Cudi in his style.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are being objective here,

Everywhere has its fair share of trash rappers.

South: ILoveMcNuggets, DJ Unk, Brisco, 2 Pistols, Johnta Austin, etc

North: Mims, Jason Foxxx, Young B, Azealia Banks, Tony Yayo, etc

Midwest: like all of D12, 90% of them Chiraq ? , J-Kwon, Huey, Jibbs, etc

West: Hopsin, Kid Ink, White Girl Mob, Messy Marv, etc

• Stew
    If we are being objective here,

Everywhere has its fair share of trash rappers.

South: ILoveMcNuggets, DJ Unk, Brisco, 2 Pistols, Johnta Austin, etc

North: Mims, Jason Foxxx, Young B, Azealia Banks, Tony Yayo, etc

Midwest: like all of D12, 90% of them Chiraq ? , J-Kwon, Huey, Jibbs, etc

West: Hopsin, Kid Ink, White Girl Mob, Messy Marv, etc

Objective on the IC?

bhrh213p38ez.gif
  • TDEsouth
    TDEsouth Members Posts: 4
    I wouldn't even say necessarily this is a result of southern influence(besides the production), the dude clearly sounds like a druggie and that plays more of a part as to why you can't understand ? he saying.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    South got something to say!
    :lol: no y'all dont. :smirk:

I can't front even in the 90s when the South had its artist that we now know have become legends in the game (Scareface, Outkast etc) I wasn't trying to hear what they we're trying to say. The southern way of life was/is something I could never relate to. To me Hip Hop has always been on some I listen what I can relate to. This new generation lost their identities and don't know who the ? they are anymore so they accept everything.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The south been holdin hip hop down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9MpmOz4MGg

#nobars

lol 409 stand up
  • BackInWhite
    edited July 2016
    That song is more coherent than anything desiigner ever slobbered on
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    South got something to say!
    :lol: no y'all dont. :smirk:

I can't front even in the 90s when the South had it's artist that we now know have become legends in the game (Scareface, Outkast etc) I wasn't trying to hear what they we're trying to say. The southern way of life was/is something I could never relate to. To me Hip Hop has always been on some I listen what I can relate to. This new generation lost their identities and don't know who the ? they are anymore so they accept everything.
    My experiences is different because I got a lot of family all over the South that I spent summers with and they put me on to some stuff. I joke sometimes but there's a lot of southern rap i listen to. I know the good from the bad. It's just the bad get more burn nowadays. There's a lot of dope up north rappers that don't sound like they from the South but trolls wanna focus and on the wack ones that do. I'm not gonna front tho, i listen to desiigner for entertainment purposes only but i'm truly an underground head.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    The south been holdin hip hop down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9MpmOz4MGg

#nobars

lol 409 stand up
    Lol I knew they was from Texas but could never find out what city. Do you know which city they from?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Well ? you too Lord Jamar. Desiigner the Gawd will not be stopped.

False fax.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why i put Lord Jamar in youtube and i see like a 100 videos with him sitting on vlad couch? I need to hear a rap.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Unoriginal, gimmick rappers follow them.. a lot of ppl think that ? trash.. but hey, get money. Problem with the South is that it looks like they are running the game if you listen to radio all of the time but in actuality.. their albums don't sell. Just dominate radio. Only ppl running the game is Drake (Toronto), Kanye (Chicago) and Kendrick (Compton).

Future is the South's only big artist at the moment but most of his popularity coming from riding Drakes coat tail with the collaboration album (WATTBA) and the Summer Sixteen tour.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scrapper1 wrote: »

Unoriginal, gimmick rappers follow them.. a lot of ppl think that ? trash.. but hey, get money. Problem with the South is that it looks like they are running the game if you listen to radio all of the time but in actuality.. their albums don't sell. Just dominate radio. Only ppl running the game is Drake (Toronto), Kanye (Chicago) and Kendrick (Compton).

Future is the South's only big artist at the moment but most of his popularity coming from riding Drakes coat tail with the collaboration album (WATTBA) and the Summer Sixteen tour.

I'm calling it now that Desiigner will be the go to hook/adlib man by next spring. Timmy Turner is already starting to tear it up.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Why i put Lord Jamar in youtube and i see like a 100 videos with him sitting on vlad couch? I need to hear a rap.

Imagine if Vlad could find that couch Pac begged that ? to let Biggie sleep on.

sund4cz0esd3.gif