A racist local STL reporter makes awful joke about Michael Brown’s mom being on a ‘lead diet’...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://fusion.net/story/331069/bobby-hughes-lead-diet-joke-lezley-mcspadden/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialshare&utm_content=theme_top_desktop
There are some things that even horrible people should know not to say in public, as a matter of self-preservation. But lucky for us, the internet transgresses the bounds of common sense.

A recent Facebook post made by a St. Louis police officer is a telling lesson. Lieutenant Jerry Foster made a post poking fun at the fact that Lezley McSpadden, the mother of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager who was killed by police in the nearby city of Ferguson in 2014, would be speaking at the Democratic National Convention.

“It is the Democratic Criminal Convention. How fitting,” Foster wrote, citing her ongoing legal troubles, according to screenshots that were sent to the St. Louis American. Getting warm, but the replies to the post soon grew outright racist and troubling.

At one point, a reporter for the St. Louis Fox affiliate weighed in, using an astoundingly unsympathetic string of hateful words.

“She’s going to talk about the new lead diet she’s endorsed,” wrote reporter and photographer Bobby Hughes. “Five servings and you can lose 200 pounds in two years.”

Michael Brown was shot at least six times by officer Darren Wilson just about two years ago; Wilson was cleared of any wrongdoing. The post is an obvious allusion to his killing, which set off widespread protests in the region.

In response to the post, the Ethical Society of Police, an organization that represents 200 minority police officers in the region, put out a statement calling for an apology.

“The trivial manner in which Mr. Hughes refers to the brutal death of Michael Brown is disheartening. We should all seek to behave in a manner that’s humane to others, especially when someone has experienced such a loss as Mrs. McSpadden and the Brown family,” the statement read.

Hughes removed the post after the Ethical Society contacted the Fox affiliate. On Twitter, St. Louis journalist Charles Jaco said that sources told him that Hughes has been suspended with pay, but the organization has not issued any comment about the incident.

After this played out online, Hughes offered an apology for the incident:

I would like to apologize for the hurtful posts I recently made on my Facebook page. I specifically want to tell Michael Brown’s family how very sorry I am. As a parent, I can’t imagine losing a child and what I wrote was incredibly insensitive considering all that Mrs. Lezley McSpadden has been through. My two inappropriate posts are by no means a reflection of the views at KTVI/KPLR. They are a news organization that prides itself on being fair. I on the other hand was anything but fair – and for that I am deeply sorry.

leaddiet.jpg?resize=1200%2C534&quality=80&strip=all

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/black-cops-call-for-dismissal-of-fox-reporter-bobby-hughes/article_18c73814-538e-11e6-80ab-23a8ebd2e6ec.html
UPDATE: Fox 2 News management spoke with Ethical Society of Police President Heather Taylor this morning saying that they are "aggressively handling" the issue of their reporter, Bobby Hughes, making a sick joke on Facebook about Michael Brown Jr.'s mother and her son's shooting death.

In a July 22 Facebook post about Lezley McSpadden being invited to speak at the Democratic National Convention, Hughes commented, “She’s going to talk about the new lead diet she’s endorsed. Five servings and you can lose 200 lbs in two years easily.”

On July 26, the Ethical Society of Police, an organization that represents 200 minority police officers, released a statement demanding that Hughes apologize to the community and Brown’s family for his remarks.

“The reference to ‘lead,’ the loss of ‘200 lbs in two years,’ and other words in this statement are a clear reference to Michael Brown being shot and killed by Officer Darren Wilson in 2014,” according to the society’s statement.

Many community members are now demanding that the station fire Hughes or face a boycott, Taylor said. Fox 2 managers would not tell Taylor if they plan on dismissing Hughes, she said.

Taylor also called St. Louis Metropolitan Police Chief Sam Dotson on July 28 to see if the police officer Lt. Jerry Foster, who made the initial Facebook post, would be punished.

Dotson told her they have started an internal investigation, she said. Taylor will also send Dotson at least 15 other inappropriate and racist posts on social media that city officers have made.

Comments

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    But yet you ? telling me i should feel sorry for these white trash and their devil spawn

? em and their damn kids
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These racist ? being bold as ? about their racism. I guess it's the environment we're in.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's on his ? .
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    it's cool ya'll he apologized... B)

lets move on to these cacs
    5797fd25e666b.image.png

• stringer bell
    http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/after-rude-joke-reporter-bobby-hughes-no-longer-at-ktvi/article_62c81c43-7bd1-556d-8ee8-f9daa885eb6e.html
    After rude joke, reporter Bobby Hughes 'no longer at KTVI'

Bobby Hughes, an overnight reporter/photographer for KTVI (Channel 2), no longer works for the station.

Hughes became the subject of a story because of a comment he made on July 22 that Hughes himself later characterized as "incredibly insensitive."

Suzie Mahe, a KTVI spokeswoman, said she could not comment on personnel matters, and would only say "Bobby Hughes no longer works here; he's no longer an employee of KTVI."

The situation began when the Gateway Pundit website posted a story on Facebook about Michael Brown's mother, Lezley McSpadden, possibly speaking at the Democratic National Convention. (Ultimately, she only appeared on the stage.)

The post generated numerous comments critical of McSpadden and Brown, with Hughes being among those commenters.

Those comments already had been deleted and the Post-Dispatch could not verify the wording. Then on Wednesday morning, Hughes' comment became the subject of an exchange between current and former local reporter.

I love how from his comments as "rude" and "insensitive" instead of racist.. But hey that's how white supremacy in media works...
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that "no class" comment is ironic af...
  • stringer bell
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/32579563/dallas-weatherman-resigns-after-post-bashing-dnc-for-parading-mothers-of-slain-thugs
    Dallas Weatherman Resigns After Post Bashing DNC For 'Parading Mothers of Slain Thugs'

by Inside Edition

A Dallas meteorogist has resigned after writing a racially insensitive Facebook post bashing the Democratic National Convention.

Bob Goosmann was a weatherman at KRLD when he posted about the DNC speeches by the so-called "Mothers of the Movement," such as Eric Garner's mother, on Wednesday.

"As many of you have probably noticed, I've stayed away from politics on FB. The DNC parading the mothers of slain thugs around on their stage has me furious," read the post, which has since disappeared.

The post has disappeared and Goosmann's Twitter account also appears to have been disabled.

Among the mothers who appeared Tuesday in the lead-up to Hillary Clinton's nomination were Gwen Carr, mother of Eric Garner; Geneva Reed-Veal, mother of Sandra Bland; Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin; and Lezley McSpadden, mother of Mike Brown.

Paul Mann, KRLD's news director, confirmed that Goosmann had resigned as the station's chief meteorologist, "effective immediately" according to the Dallas News.

According to his Facebook profile, Goosmann is now employed as a real estate agent.

Goosmann has held several television meteorologist positions previously, including at stations in Denver, Richmond and Dallas.

• stringer bell

http://www.star-telegram.com/living/article92723552.html
    Goosmann, for his part, says he doesn’t see anything racial about the post.

“It was frustration that I believe the DNC Party will do anything, like using these mothers, to garner votes,” he said in a Facebook email to DFW.com. “Some have said the word ‘thug’ is a racial term. It means a violent person, as in a criminal. It does not mention color. Anyone can become a thug. If some want to make this statement out to be something else, I cannot control that.”
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how the media blatantly ignored the racist comments of Wilson and his wife after he was cleared...
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man these folks with these high profile media jobs act like there ain't a line of people waiting to take their jobs. You want to get fired off racist social media posts? That's cool... The company will fire your ass and hire somebody younger and cheaper.