JOE BUDDEN FREESTYLE ON FUNK FLEX! GOES IN!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vFqc5n6HdM#t=163

"Sometimes you gotta show the kids you really ran with the Roc"

Note to Jay Z, THIS is a triple entendre:

1- Joe "ran with the ROC"... Joe Budden's love/hate relationship with Rocafella and Jay Z
    2- Joe "ran with the rock"... Budden chasing those Drake stans down the street with giant rocks in his hands
    3- Joe "ran with the rock"... implying that Joe moved weight on the street corner back in the day

Fire lyrics.

3 is a reach.

I aint the biggest Budden fan, but I've never heard him claim to be a ? dealer.

He said he did for a while in his podcast, but its Joe so there's a 20% chance its true. He denies doing ? but for whatever reason prefers to be called a dusthead.

Everybody sold ? in the 90s his past as a dust head makes him a prime canindate to know where the ? is at
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "Sometimes you gotta show the kids you really ran with the Roc"

l.jpg
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how and why was Buddens blackballed?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    mohamed wrote: »
    When actually you think about how long Joe Budden been in the game it's sad how underwhelming his career is. I remember when dude first came out on clue mixtapes- that ? had to be more than 15 yrs ago. *feels old*. Skill wise, he had potential to be at least what Fab was. Not sure if it was his work ethic or him just not choosing to go commercial.

He was black balled...

This n he fell in a weird space..his true fans loved that " mood musik" but the label wanted club hits(which he could actually make) n he eventually just stuck to making musik for his core fans IMO
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe did alotta feature work to stay around
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    how and why was Buddens blackballed?

He was too vocal about his gripes with def jam, but def jam ? up a lot of good projects before and after him. Damn shame when there's enough food for everyone
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe a ? for not fighting back but i still ? with him tho
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dej Jam didnt know what to do with Joe as a artist , and the desert storm label fell apart too
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This freestyle was meh