Beenie Man Hospitalized With Zika Virus, Misses Drake’s OVO Fest Read More: Beenie Man Hospitalized

MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in The Reason
[img][/img]Beenie-Man-Hospitalized-due-to-Zika-Virus.png

Beenie Man is hospitalized after contracting the mosquito-borne Zika virus. Subsequently, the dancehall legend had to cancel his performance at Drake’s seventh annual OVO Festival, which is taking place now in Toronto.
On Saturday (July 30), Beenie went on his Instagram account to share the bad news to his fans. In the photo, the 42-year-old artist is lying in the hospital bed with nurses attending to him.

“Jah know…dah week ya deal wid me a way!! No visa fi mi Canada show (I apologize again to my fans in case you haven’t seen the press release),” he wrote. “Zika Virus hol’ mi The same Zika mosquito gi mi dengue.”

“Blood test, injections, pills. Wi a hol firm still. Selassie a guide I n I right through so once mi have life me a give thanks.”
To translate: Beenie is in the hospital battling the Zika virus and it’s no joke. All praises due to Jah.

But on the real, the Zika virus is nothing to play around with. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the disease is spread mostly by the bite of an infected mosquito. There is no vaccine or medicine for Zika, so immediate medical treatment is vital to beat the virus.

Beenie Man was tapped to perform at OVO Fest on Saturday (July 30) alongside soca king Machel Montano. In Beenie’s absence, Montano brought out dancehall stars Sean Paul, Mavado and Kranium.
Get well Beenie Man!

00-beenie-man-website.jpg

http://theboombox.com/beenie-man-hospitalized-zika-virus-misses-drakes-ovo-fest/

Comments