Clifford Harris Speaking That Truth

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just glad he stopped exaggerating his accent. I used to hate that ? .

Its actually not exaggerated. Im from out here. Dudes from Bankhead area. Especially at that time go out there or Candler Rd. Decatur, or College Park, etc. and hearing someone talk comparable to that is par for the course. Over time being exposed to different places and whatnot has evolved his speech. It may be hard to believe maybe because its the city or closer to an urban area but I grew up hearing that type of talking all over. I guess it really stands out for someone not from here.

It was definitely exaggerated. I remember before he got big, and I heard him in interviews, he spoke pretty much the say way then that he does now. There was a period in between that where he went overboard. I'm not saying there aren't country ass ? in the ATL area, but a lot of celebs coming out of the area were exaggerating that ? and then normal people were following suit.

TI still wasn't as bad as Plies though. That dude is straight playing a character.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its actually not exaggerated. Im from out here. Dudes from Bankhead area. Especially at that time go out there or Candler Rd. Decatur, or College Park, etc. and hearing someone talk comparable to that is par for the course. Over time being exposed to different places and whatnot has evolved his speech. It may be hard to believe maybe because its the city or closer to an urban area but I grew up hearing that type of talking all over. I guess it really stands out for someone not from here.

It was definitely exaggerated. I remember before he got big, and I heard him in interviews, he spoke pretty much the say way then that he does now. There was a period in between that where he went overboard. I'm not saying there aren't country ass ? in the ATL area, but a lot of celebs coming out of the area were exaggerating that ? and then normal people were following suit.

TI still wasn't as bad as Plies though. That dude is straight playing a character.

Plies jus knows how to turn it on and off.

How Algernod talks on the Gram and or records is exactly how most Florida/South Flordia nikkas talk.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Maybe. At the same time you could walk to the store in numerous areas around the city and run into people who talk like TI. Like talking like that isnt abnormal. No show. nobody watching or anything. Now Him emphasizing it at a point in time and stuff like that I cant say that never happened. But the average person from that environment talks like that. Not all but quite common. Actually it can be a bit of a chore to not sound so Southern after years and decades here. My own parents didnt understand they from the North I grew up here. It just is what it is. It may seem like a switch or act but its not. It becomes how you talk without even trying. Subconsiously. It been like that way before him. This is Georgia after all. Nobody sat in the 2000s and invented the accent. TI didnt invent it thats how he grew up talking.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as accents go I think Dro came up with his own ? only he speaks/understands
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dro is like the ozzy osbourne of rap. He dont speak clear english til hes got music behind him.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ? like TI and Plies aren't exaggerating their accents, they just know when and how to minimize it based on who they're around. It's something you can become conscious of if you know your accent makes certain words sound weird to other people.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 minutes in, Tip was on point with different groups of ppl regardless of race being unified if they notice the system being abusive towards them in a tenth of the time they have been towards us. The reason for that is that group has already been established in and without the involvement of the system. Black ppl have been aliens here for 400 years, abducted from our home and forced to adopt an ideology unnatural to our own. That much time can corrode the collective family nucleus and form a symbiotic relationship between the system and depending individuals that can create a multitude of characters used to fulfill a final agenda. In order to establish that unification, we have to separate ourselves from that same thought process that separated and destroyed us.

Patna.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Plies jus knows how to turn it on and off.

How Algernod talks on the Gram and or records is exactly how most Florida/South Flordia nikkas talk.

Facts @ bolded. There is no exaggeration.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got 2 pages about accents and how it sounded, but did you hear WHAT the Man said?

What he said is by far the greater issue(s) we need to be discussing.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dope ass intv. Lookin forward to the project this week.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

LOL i dont know why cats think ppl put on an "act" for that ? . ? really talk like that on a daily basis. He from exactly where it come from.

Cause Im like "thats how everybody talks" haha. nothing abnormal there. You can actually tell he has changed over the years the Georgia accent isnt so thick here in this video. It wasnt that he was trying thats just how he was raised talking and hearing people talk. I could take somebody right now up to Candler Rd and talk to any random person and you would hear the most Southern Georgia talk. Sounding just like TI. Not a show thats just everyday life coming up here. Its not the same all over the metro though. Bankhead or Decatur or somewhere people sound different than out in Gwinnett and the suburbs. You would have to be in the environment and it would make sense. You would see how its natural.

He country but he get into character when he go on those rants.... esp when he yelling partna...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe. At the same time you could walk to the store in numerous areas around the city and run into people who talk like TI. Like talking like that isnt abnormal. No show. nobody watching or anything. Now Him emphasizing it at a point in time and stuff like that I cant say that never happened. But the average person from that environment talks like that. Not all but quite common. Actually it can be a bit of a chore to not sound so Southern after years and decades here. My own parents didnt understand they from the North I grew up here. It just is what it is. It may seem like a switch or act but its not. It becomes how you talk without even trying. Subconsiously. It been like that way before him. This is Georgia after all. Nobody sat in the 2000s and invented the accent. TI didnt invent it thats how he grew up talking.

You're right. I'm not saying there is no one that talks like that. I'm saying that when TI did it, it wasn't natural. A lot of rap ? exaggerated it as a style. Sean Paul from the Youngbloodz was another example. You could hear him talk one minute and it would be like a normal southern accent and in the next interview, that ? would be x10.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Certain words bring it out more

96% of the time we dont even know we sound extra country unless we've actually been to another section of the US/world

Get a country ? mad or excited and he'll go from Plies interview to Ying Yang Twin on a split second

I cant say the word 'occured'
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CLICKED INTO THIS THREAD EXPECTING A RARE METHOD MAN INTERVIEW. I'M OUT SON.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? are so easily distracted. @Mods move this ? to the Linguistics & Dialects forum.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bet young metro dont trust him