Kanye goes off bout Tidal vs Apple on Twitter

Comments

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    Boy Kanye. You just want to stay a slave. He already went through a lot trying to be accepted in the fashion world that didn't want him, now he wants to integrate with Apple instead of trying to tough it out and actually build a company that can be passed down to his family for generations. This is why we as a people don't have ownership in anything, because we'll give up the potential to leave a legacy/birth right for our families for the sake of being accepted.

If you haven't built anything you can pass down to your children's children, I don't think you should be criticizing anybody else for not doing it. Kanye is not different from you and I,he made it on his own so if anything you should always respect him for getting to where he's at today from nothing not tell him how to manage his money and business.
    I actually respect them for building something that's making apple feel a lil'threatened.

I remember when everybody was killing Tidal now the same people are talking like Tidal is the black hope.these guys are in for the money but they always fool people and tell them they doing it for the culture.
    Once you charge money it's business and business is about profit. If you wanna do anything for the culture it should be free.
    Funny how these ? will sell something to me and tell me they doing it for the culture and y'all believe them

Everyone wasn't killing tidal tho.. Just hating ass ? and crackas mostly

Lol at saying crackas and "hating ass ? ". Objective ass ? was critiquing tidal. Tidal only benefited rich top 1% artist getting more streaming money. It does nothing drastic for the average or new artist as far as its plan.

Tidal pandered to white hipsters in their opening marketing. Then when white people ain't really ? with it Jay changed his tune and tried the support black business ? .

[/quote]

hating ass ? [/quote]

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But his wife said black lives matter

There's a lot of selective agenda posting going on in here
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye has stated that "All lives matter." He is not about to say "Black lives matter," when he is married to a white woman, and have biracial children.

Stop it. The white woman he married had her named attached to a letter explaining why black lives matter.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I still buy physical albums..Not every single album, but I will buy physical cd' or vinyl of the albums I really want. This streaming wars ? is so stupid. WTF is the point of having it if I can't listen to any new album on any streaming service? Never really heard of artists making FYE exclusives and ? when sellin gtheir albums.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I think they Jay tryna to partner with Apple Music, while Apple Music tryna to just buy tidal out right

This. Jay wants a position, a damn high one. And he ? deserves it.

The issue is Apple doesn't need jay. His wife dropped lemonade on i tunes shortly after the "tidal exclusive". After a few days or a few weeks ? is on apple music or i tunes from tidal. On top of that they signed drake and even with his average album he bought millions of fans.

If jay was in his prime dropping classics and refused to drop them o i tunes store or apple music he could negotiate much more. But all the best artists are getting their ? on i tunes. They will probally pay jay well for tidal but they aren't giving away the house.

You can only buy Lemonade on Itunes, it's only stream-able on Tidal. Drake doesn't own none of that ? he is making and that's the whole point of this ? . Them ? like him just want a check. I think Jay-z is fighting the issue that Kanye is fighting with Nike. Ownership is everything, but they will only allow you to get so far. Apple is basically a plantation owner who ain't giving up slavery. He will give you a house ? position, but you ain't never eating at their table at dinner.

The bolded is why the tidal "stream exclusive" is ? . Any beyonce fan who didn't have tidal copped it on i tunes hurting the value of tidal. Either you bootleg it or you buy it on i tunes. I tunes still makes money of a streaming exclusive.

The issue with Jay's fight is music streaming doesn't benefit the small time artist. Selling physical copies and touring does more for a small time or indy artist. Matter of fact Dat Piff does more for a small time artist than music streaming because it allows free access of a project which can help it gain national and even international buzz.

• Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on this ? to mention something about police killings of his own ppl & anything regarding BLM. Yet he complaining about tidal & beefing with white ? smh

How the ? is Kanye a ? and why does he need to comment on BLM when this mf almost lost his career standing up for black people. Did mfs already forget Katrina and all that other ? ?

agree, and maybe in this particular social issue he might not agree with some things. you shouldnt be labelled a ? for not speaking on a topic or having a different perspective. Kanye has stuck up for blacks many times throughout his career.

idk his reasons, but ? need to use their brains for once and think instead of shouting ? as there only fall back
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay ain't gonna sell unless it's for a major check probably becuz both sides are gonna want some kind of control and I don't think either is gonna give none up unless apple cash's Jay all the way out.....apple is a money hungry company so no they don't NEED tidal but they see how much money all the artist from tidal can bring them and that's their agenda
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We are numb, we're numb to 500 kids getting killed in Chicago a year."

"We're numb to the fact that it was seven police shootings in the beginning of July ... we're numb to places on the earth that we don't live - like our life is okay but it's okay for other people's lives to not be okay.

"When I talk about the idea of being president, I'm not saying I have any political views, I don't have views on politics, I just have a view on humanity, on people, on the truth.

"If there is anything that I can do with my time and my day, to somehow make a difference while I'm alive, I'm going to try to do it."

Ye in new radio interview that comes out tomorrow on BBCR1
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Jay ain't gonna sell unless it's for a major check probably becuz both sides are gonna want some kind of control and I don't think either is gonna give none up unless apple cash's Jay all the way out.....apple is a money hungry company so no they don't NEED tidal but they see how much money all the artist from tidal can bring them and that's their agenda

Even though we don't see eye to eye on many issues between tidal and apple i can agree that neither side really needs the other at this stage of the streaming game. My only guess is that Jay wants to hold his chips till a big pay day and position and kanye wants the music streaming game to be more of a free market for collaboration purposes.
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    tidal is like Canada trying to pick a fight with America, it may have a couple of gems but overall no1 gives a ? about it as a military power :)
  • GetoBoy

Even though we don't see eye to eye on many issues between tidal and apple i can agree that neither side really needs the other at this stage of the streaming game. My only guess is that Jay wants to hold his chips till a big pay day and position and kanye wants the music streaming game to be more of a free market for collaboration purposes.

Apple buys Tidal and they gonna end up taking over the #1 streaming spot from Spotify in no time and they know.....it's one thing for Tidal to drop all the exclusive albums but can you imagine Apple doing it??? If you could only get Jay Bey Ye Rih Drake Future Cole etc on Apple they'd literally take the market in no time so it's not about need it's about control of the market and maximizing your earnings and for THAT Apple does need Tidal and I think Jay knows that
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on this ? to mention something about police killings of his own ppl & anything regarding BLM. Yet he complaining about tidal & beefing with white ? smh

dont look to entertainers to be activist

its money over everything with Kanye.He trying not to ? up his money and Keeping Up With the Kardashians Check
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye stay looking for white acceptance
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

"We're numb to the fact that it was seven police shootings in the beginning of July ... we're numb to places on the earth that we don't live - like our life is okay but it's okay for other people's lives to not be okay.

"When I talk about the idea of being president, I'm not saying I have any political views, I don't have views on politics, I just have a view on humanity, on people, on the truth.

"If there is anything that I can do with my time and my day, to somehow make a difference while I'm alive, I'm going to try to do it."

And Ye probably say the solution to all this is making his clothes accessible to everyone
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Apple buys Tidal and they gonna end up taking over the #1 streaming spot from Spotify in no time and they know.....it's one thing for Tidal to drop all the exclusive albums but can you imagine Apple doing it??? If you could only get Jay Bey Ye Rih Drake Future Cole etc on Apple they'd literally take the market in no time so it's not about need it's about control of the market and maximizing your earnings and for THAT Apple does need Tidal and I think Jay knows that

I don't think apple can catch spotify in paid users even if they bought tidal. I have an i phone and use it but a considerable amount of my friends and the public is on the samsung/other droid phone which spotify rules as far as mobile streaming.

Those names Tidal have do have huge brand power especially Riri and Cole who have prime years left. But I don't think that many fans are going with a service based on the exclusive release. Even apple music that had drake got a bump (Same with tidal with bey and jay and ye) but the majority of people are choosing a service based on ease and or free options (spotify).
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

U got a link to this if it dropped?
  • Shinobi Don
    Shinobi Don Members Posts: 6
    Prince's catalogue of music.

I'd put a pretty penny on that's what this is all about.

Kanye really shouldn't involve himself - remember how Tyrese almost ? up the Dre deal with...
  • GetoBoy

I don't think apple can catch spotify in paid users even if they bought tidal. I have an i phone and use it but a considerable amount of my friends and the public is on the samsung/other droid phone which spotify rules as far as mobile streaming.

Those names Tidal have do have huge brand power especially Riri and Cole who have prime years left. But I don't think that many fans are going with a service based on the exclusive release. Even apple music that had drake got a bump (Same with tidal with bey and jay and ye) but the majority of people are choosing a service based on ease and or free options (spotify).

Fans are sheep they go with what's marketed best to them not what's best and you give Apple those names and they will take the #1 spot within a couple years..... I mean they already at 10 million you start taking the biggest names off Spotify and every other streaming service and only making them available on Apple and market the hell out of it fans are gonna follow especially now that Apple music is on iPhone and Android..... Apple knows with those names and the machine that is Apple if they buy Tidal they essentially will end up cornering the streaming market which is their goal
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Kanye really shouldn't involve himself - remember how Tyrese almost ? up the Dre deal with...

That wont gain apple music users though. Prince fans are from a demographic that already owns all his music. And not that it's been a few months the fans who magically became prince fans after he passed are over that phase.

The biggest issue with Tidal or Apple music trying to get fans through exclusive content is most of the power names (Jay, Bey, Kanye etc) have had their best albums behind them. This means the majority of fans own their best ? . We also pretty much know they won't ever come out with another game changing album this late in their career.

So music release exclusives don't gain long term fans. Maybe they join a free trial for the content then are gone months later but that's it. And as far as these new ? outside of drake none of the new ? have a large mass part of their fanbase that will join a music service just because of a 1 week streaming exclusive. ? fans will only buy the physical copy or in some cases trap out the bandwith of torrents.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

That wont gain apple music users though. Prince fans are from a demographic that already owns all his music. And not that it's been a few months the fans who magically became prince fans after he passed are over that phase.

The biggest issue with Tidal or Apple music trying to get fans through exclusive content is most of the power names (Jay, Bey, Kanye etc) have had their best albums behind them. This means the majority of fans own their best ? . We also pretty much know they won't ever come out with another game changing album this late in their career.

So music release exclusives don't gain long term fans. Maybe they join a free trial for the content then are gone months later but that's it. And as far as these new ? outside of drake none of the new ? have a large mass part of their fanbase that will join a music service just because of a 1 week streaming exclusive. ? fans will only buy the physical copy or in some cases trap out the bandwith of torrents.

WTF the quality of music have to do with anything. Not to mention Beyonce just dropped her most critically acclaimed album. All three of those artist are consistent platinum selling artist in a business where less than 1% of artist even sell gold.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

WTF the quality of music have to do with anything. Not to mention Beyonce just dropped her most critically acclaimed album. All three of those artist are consistent platinum selling artist in a business where less than 1% of artist even sell gold.

Yet the majority of people purchased the album they didn't stream it on tidal. Same thing with Drake. Yes high stream count but he will likely remain #1 on the charts this week again due to physical sales. If beyonce fans were so moved to support her tidal exclusivity Tidal would probally have 15 million users minimum. She sells out stadiums coast to coast that go up to 100,000 seats. But maybe 3% of the crowd pay monthly for tidal.

• Shinobi Don
    Shinobi Don Members Posts: 6
    I

I hear what you're saying, 1 of the many conclusions I got to was maybe Jay is trying to hold out for more money based on the Prince collection, while Apple could give zero ? about it.

Apple as we all know is about "brand". Whilst Jay, Bey, Kanye etc might be past their best work, they are still a brand that pull in and/or retain subscribers. Prince is a brand too.

Ive seen how large corps like Apple operate, this is probably less about subs and about rounding up all the property they can so control. Buy out your compitiion, remove choice whilst owning all their intellectual property. Whilst the number of subs may not increase, there will also be a lot less churn.

Also Apple is aggressively pushing for the death of physical media, and some at point (very soon) CDs will as useful as a 3.5" floppy disk. And all those users within the older demographic will likely have at least 1 Apple device (handed down iPhone etc.)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Im weak at all the ? who still think Kanyes rants are anything more than coke/pill induced fuckery

Yall comin around tho, starting to see it ...this ? (was) a musical genius but hes an airhead intellectually . Feel sorry for him bc his moms passing changed him but the dude is vapid . There is nothing there
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Im weak at all the ? who still think Kanyes rants are anything more than coke/pill induced fuckery

Yall comin around tho, starting to see it ...this ? (was) a musical genius but hes an airhead intellectually . Feel sorry for him bc his moms passing changed him but the dude is vapid . There is nothing there
    he done B
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo I got 18 more days on my Tidal free trial before I go back to pirating. When is that Khaled gonna hit?