New Marvel Ultimate Alliance Coming Soon

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
In just a few short days, “Marvel Ultimate Alliance” and “Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2” make their new-gen debut on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Both games will be available digitally on Tuesday, so get ready to assemble your team and charge into battle.

We sat down with Mike Jones, executive producer for this Ultimate re-release, to talk about the franchise’s past, present, and future.

Marvel.com: For those who don’t know, tell us what “Marvel Ultimate Alliance” is all about.

Mike Jones: Well, “Marvel Ultimate Alliance” is one of the most celebrated game franchises in Marvel’s history. It started back in 2006 as the successor to the X-Men Legends series, which was developed by Raven Software. But the Ultimate Alliance games went beyond just the X-Men and brought together Super Heroes from all over the Marvel Universe in an epic action RPG game experience with a huge focus on cooperative play. An “Ultimate Alliance” if you will. [Laughs]

Marvel.com: The title makes so much sense now! So, what makes Ultimate Alliance so special to Marvel fans and gamers?

Mike Jones: I think it comes down to the shared experiences and memories that people have from playing with their friends and family. Four people can play at a time—online or together in the same room—and “Ultimate Alliance” is all about teamwork and cooperative play; building your dream team of heroes and going on an epic adventure together! Everything from selecting your characters, to upgrading your heroes, team synergy bonuses, and moment-to-moment gameplay strategies give gamers endless ways to work together and create their own Marvel experiences. And for that reason “Ultimate Alliance” is very special to fans and us at the Marvel Games team.

Marvel.com: That sounds like a lot of fun—you can play “couch co-op”?

Mike Jones: Yep! More and more games these days are strictly online co-op but “Ultimate Alliance” has both: online and local co-op. So you can find a group via matchmaking or get together with your friends to build your ultimate Super Hero squad and save the world together. You can also play single-player if you want to go your own speed but “Ultimate Alliance” really comes to life as a cooperative experience.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel.com: Cool! Were there any changes from the original games?

Mike Jones: We wanted these re-releases to be as faithful to the original Ultimate Alliance games as possible—the definitive versions. However, the team did work really hard on improving performance, some UI and graphic enhancements as well as making the games compatible with modern platform features on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. They play really smooth.

Marvel.com: Why re-release the Ultimate Alliance games now?

Mike Jones: Well, it’s funny; since we started rebuilding our games strategy and going on the road to Comic Cons and gaming events like E3, we’re constantly being asked about Ultimate Alliance. “Are you guys going to do another Ultimate Alliance?” “Can you guys do a re-release of Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2?” It was actually kind of surprising how often it happens. It’s been 10 years since the series began and gamers are still as passionate about “Ultimate Alliance” today as they ever were. So we thought this would be a great way to celebrate an amazing franchise that’s about to hit its 10th anniversary. It’s a perfect time to play these games if you missed them the first time or replay with new friends and new Super Hero dream teams.

Marvel.com: When and how can we get our hands on the game?

Mike Jones: Both Ultimate Alliance and Ultimate Alliance 2 will be available digitally on PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam starting July 26th for $39.99 each or as a bundle together for $59.99.

Marvel.com: Fans are sure to be excited for the re-release, but does this signal a new beginning for Ultimate Alliance as a franchise?

Mike Jones: Following the footsteps of a proud Marvel tradition, I’ll say: Anything is possible, True Believers!

Comments

• ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they need to lower the price patna....60.00 ? outta here
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Change that title. This an expensive HD release that doesn't have the depth of a Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster and dares to claim $60 as a price.

And Ultimate Alliance has the worst stories, I don't know how they messed up Civil War but they did.

We've always needed an X-Men Legends 3 but are never getting it.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $60.00 for those games? No deal
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup. I'll definitely will wait until PSN has another flash sale or holiday sale ? paying $40 a pop for each game. Then $60 for a bundle? Nah ? that. Both games should have been sold $15 a piece and $25-30 for the bundle. The second Ultimate Alliance game was alright but wasn't as good as the first. Idk why they just didn't make an original story for part 2.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? DONT EVEN COME WITH THE DLC ? THIS
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should be 29.99 for both smh
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never played either which one is better? and yeah how about an x men legends re release with online play i'm down for that.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never played either which one is better? and yeah how about an x men legends re release with online play i'm down for that.

You better off playing Ultimate Alliance 1 because the story is original and the gameplay was on point when I had it on PS2. UA2 is a straight adaptation of the Civil War story from the comics. If you got $40 to blow like that start with the first one.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

You better off playing Ultimate Alliance 1 because the story is original and the gameplay was on point when I had it on PS2. UA2 is a straight adaptation of the Civil War story from the comics. If you got $40 to blow like that start with the first one.

okay is blade in both of them?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

okay is blade in both of them?

Yep but he was garbage in both of them
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    I gave in and coped ultimate alliance 2 it looks better. I never read civil war except for the 1st prologue story were the new warriors were part of some reality show and they fought that time bomb mutant that caused the disaster leading up to civil war that and I saw the movie it's okay though. I was watching some play throughs of part 1and it looked and felt like x men legends so I decided to buy ultimate alliance 2 instead
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard this ? is top 5 worst porch of all time
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Thread title is very. Misleading btw
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember playing the 2nd one

Iron mayne all day B
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man they said the PC version is straight cheeks

said its one of the worst ports they've ever played...ouch
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Man this is a good game it's just like x men legendss but damn grim reapers is too damn hard I can't even beat him with juggernaut. I'll have to start over and level up slow
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyclops, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Mr Fantastic and Cap America were my favourites, I think