Melania Trump Denies She Came To U.S. Illegally–But Won't Provide Specifics...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/melania-trump-immigration-response
py8vgitjzaan4swa1eoj.jpg

Melania Trump responded to a Politico report Thursday suggesting she may have immigrated to the U.S. illegally as a model in the '90s in a statement that claimed she has been "at all times in full compliance with the immigration laws of this country." However, Trump did not provide the specifics that would have clarified the questions raised by the Politico piece.

As a reporter who worked on the Politico piece pointed out, Trump's statement also did not address a period in her career where she was apparently working in the United States as highlighted by Politico.

In the piece published Thursday morning, Politico pointed to interviews Trump gave describing the immigration process she used while working as a model in the U.S. before obtaining a green card. Trump described returning to her home country Slovenia every few months to have her visa stamped. Immigration lawyers pointed out that the process she described resembled that used by foreign nationals on a tourist visa, which does not permit them to work in the U.S. The most common visa granted to immigrants permitted to work in the U.S. is valid for three years and does not require visits back to one's home country every fews months to be re-stamped. There is a less common workers' visa that permits holders stay in the United States for up to three years, but that is typically granted only to workers at the upper echelons of their field and at the time in question, Trump was a low-level catalog model.

Additionally, Politico pointed out that the nude photos published by the New York Post this weekend suggests she was in the U.S. in 1995, which a biography of Trump published by Slovenian journalists in February also backs up. This contradicts claims made by Trump and her husband's campaign that she immigrated to the U.S. in 1996, a claim she reiterated in her statement Thursday.

In reporting its initial piece, Politico asked the Trump campaign to clarify the timing of Trump's immigration to the U.S. and the process she used. The Trump campaign did not provide specific details to answer Politico's questions, according to Politico.

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    the dirt of the election season sucks let this chick live , its bad enough she has to wake up to that orangutan.
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    I know her ass is lying because I went thru all this ? being Canadian and going to school/working in America before my permanent residence/green card. From Canada at least, each time you cross over you are permitted to stay in the USA for 180 days or 6 months before you need something other than a tourists visa.

If you are doing anything else such as working in the US or going to school they make you get another kind of visa. I had to get a student visa which I had to show them each time I crossed, and then I had to get a work permit when I got a job over here. As well as having to apply to change my status once I got married. They don't play with people who work without visas if they find out you can be barred from the country for up to 10 years

• Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Also having just a tourist visa is when you have to leave and come back so as to not overstay and violate. When you get a student visa you're allowed to stay for the school year and then you have to renew it for the next year. With a work permit, you can stay as long as it was granted, if you need to extend it beyond what you were approved for you have to file again.

So I know she just had a tourist visa if she was leaving to re-enter so as not to over stay. These mfs think people are dumb, or they're just ? hell lol

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She also lied about graduating with a degree in her home country...

The amount of ? America has allowed with this orange ass clown is insulting
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like something the Republicans dug up to invalidate The Donald.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? her though. I girl i was ? with from France got banned for overstaying her Visa.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-melania-trump-was-paid-for-modeling-jobs-in-u-s-before-getting-work-visa/

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d/Trump's-wife-modeled-in-US-prior-to-getting-work-visa
    Report: Melania Trump Was Paid for Modeling Jobs in U.S. Before Getting Work Visa

There were some reports a few months ago about Melania Trump‘s work status. Nude photos that came out in August raised questions about when she came to the U.S. and a possible inconsistency in her background.

She said in response to that report, “Let me set the record straight. I have at all times been in full compliance with the immigration laws of this country.”

But there’s a new AP report out tonight that says she was paid for 10 separate modeling jobs in the U.S. weeks before she obtained her work visa.

Per the AP:

The documents obtained by the AP show she was paid for 10 modeling assignments between Sept. 10 and Oct. 15, during a time when her visa allowed her generally to be in the U.S. and look for work but not perform paid work in the country. The documents examined by the AP indicate that the modeling assignments would have been outside the bounds of her visa…

During that seven-week period, the ledgers list modeling work for clients that included Fitness magazine and Bergdorf Goodman department store. The management agreement, which said it was not an employment agreement, included a handwritten date of Aug. 27, 1996. The top of the document said it was “made and entered into as of this 4th day of September 1996.”

Former modeling agent Paolo Zampolli was asked about the documents the AP found. He had this to say:

Asked about the two dates on the document, Zampolli said he usually vacationed in Europe each August and likely arranged for the contract to be formally executed when he returned to New York after Labor Day, even though Mrs. Trump had signed it eight days earlier…

Zampolli said he did not recall Mrs. Trump working without legal permission. “Honestly, I don’t know. It’s like 20 years ago,” he said. “The contract looks (like) a real one and the standard one.”

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ol' "i support legal immigration" ass ? smfh
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh the irony in all of this
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Part of me thinks America deserves a Trump presidency.

But the people who don't support the ? is the reason I destain
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard she used to belong to an elite in her country and was sent over as arm candy and a congratulatory prop for business decisions. Other words high price hoe. They said Donald thanked him and kept her! Gangsta move right there. If I find the article I'll post it.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the feeling she'll be happy when The donald loses. I don't think she signed up for this ? .