Some PSN Users Are Reporting That Their Accounts Have Been Hacked

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
It always sucks when this kind of thing happens, but thanks to a number of people around the internet with nothing better to do, some PSN users seem to have had their accounts hacked. While one user has claimed the issue is widespread, it seems more likely that this is a problem for a smaller contingent of people over the last two days.

Many of the people report similar events; their account email was changed without their permission and the credit card attached to the account was charged. Neverwinter gems were also a common thing being purchased in these instances, even if the user had never played the game.

Fortunately, many of the users have also said that simply calling Sony's customer support resolved the problem in about 20 minutes, and people got their money back. If this has happened to you, don't hesitate to call Sony's customer support at 1 (800) 222-7669.

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wat if it didnt
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    It always sucks when this kind of thing happens, but thanks to a number of people around the internet with nothing better to do, some PSN users seem to have had their accounts hacked. While one user has claimed the issue is widespread, it seems more likely that this is a problem for a smaller contingent of people over the last two days.

Many of the people report similar events; their account email was changed without their permission and the credit card attached to the account was charged. Neverwinter gems were also a common thing being purchased in these instances, even if the user had never played the game.

Fortunately, many of the users have also said that simply calling Sony's customer support resolved the problem in about 20 minutes, and people got their money back. If this has happened to you, don't hesitate to call Sony's customer support at 1 (800) 222-7669.

This happened to me, couple months ago. Luckioy i never saved any cards to psn. After that first hack years ago, ? is dsmn near suicidal
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

This happened to me, couple months ago. Luckily i never saved any cards to psn. After that first hack years ago, ? is damn near suicidal

Yeah that's asking for trouble I know when I had a 360 when last gen first started I put my card on XBL once and took it down after I started doing some research about account hacks. This is why I just stick to buying prepaid cards in the long run it's better to do that more than anything.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo when i turned on my ps4 earlier my ? was signed out of PSN and it made me go update my password on the sony site. Is that why?