Saltine grandma accidentally shot dead during Florida police propaganda academy exercise...

2»

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Knowlton had been speaking with her family Sunday about the negative press police had received after a series of officer-involved shootings across the nation and had decided to attend the civilian police academy to show her support for local law enforcement, said her son, Steve Knowlton.

So this cac was there to show her support for cops killing ? and a cop shot her?

bxz4vfkg0e9q.gif
    The
    wq9vep308hzs.jpg
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gh0st wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Cops are probably the biggest perpetrators of negligent discharges cause they are always around their guns so they get complacent. This guy was literally about to do an exercise where guns were going to be pointed at people, no excuse for this.

Just use fake guns for christs sake.

This I don't get why they had real straps for a demo with civilians involved. Even at the gun range I go to they use those orange a blue guns to instruct new users on gun safety and usage before letting anyone handle an empty gun. Everyone I know knows that even dry firing an empty pointed at someone is a huge no no and you subject to get your ass kicked for playing.

You point a real gun at anyone as a joke you should get your ass kicked, dry fire or not.

There is one fail safe for aaaalllll safety errors, and that's never ever point the gun in an unsafe direction. That's difference between a hole in the cieling, and a hole in a person.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, when i go shooting with my boy. Once we finish dumping the clip, we point it at the ground, pull the hammer back twice at least to make sure there is nothing in the chamber, and all is clear. Then drop the clip and reload. Even still, all this is done pointing the gun down and away.

I say that to say this.

1) How did you not feel that you were handling a loaded gun. There is a clear difference in weight.

2) If no clip, but still one in the chamber, basic safety says check to make sure there is no clip in, and nothing in the chamber before engaging with the weapon in the manner he was about to.

I mean, you have to be high levels of ? to not do these basic gun safety checks. If im doing them with my boy, while we're shooting and drinking beer. How the ? you aint doing that ? as a cop, at an event like this.

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    I mean, when i go shooting with my boy. Once we finish dumping the clip, we point it at the ground, pull the hammer back twice at least to make sure there is nothing in the chamber, and all is clear. Then drop the clip and reload. Even still, all this is done pointing the gun down and away.

I say that to say this.

1) How did you not feel that you were handling a loaded gun. There is a clear difference in weight.

2) If no clip, but still one in the chamber, basic safety says check to make sure there is no clip in, and nothing in the chamber before engaging with the weapon in the manner he was about to.

I mean, you have to be high levels of ? to not do these basic gun safety checks. If im doing them with my boy, while we're shooting and drinking beer. How the ? you aint doing that ? as a cop, at an event like this.

got dammit I hate when people refer to magazines as "clips"

unless u using one of those WWII era 5 shot rifles, please understand that ammunition is loaded into a magazine before it is shot out of a semi-automatic firearm

I hate to be an ? about it but the rumors/incorrect info about guns keeps getting passed on because people who are unfamiliar keep passing on incorrect info to other folks who are unaware about firearms

then folks with an agenda continue to spread misinformation which further perpetuates the problem
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »

I say that to say this.

got dammit I hate when people refer to magazines as "clips"

I hate to be an ? about it but the rumors/incorrect info about guns keeps getting passed on because people who are unfamiliar keep passing on incorrect info to other folks who are unaware about firearms

Lol its funniest when rappers do it

TEFLON ON MY CHEST