Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    I used to be in silver spring all the time
    I couldnt tell where silver spring ended and DC began

The only way this is even possible is if you never actually left Silver Spring...

Rode Georgia ave all the way down past howard damn near to the mall.
    Guess that aint dc its still silver spring

You musta been on the subway..

Nope

Well bro the only other explanation I can offer is high on ? or duct taped in somebody trunk cuz anything less is uncivilized...
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DWO wrote: »
    B more stuck in the 80s
    B more stuck in the 80s

Entrance lookin like it hasn't changed since 87'

that's not bmore gentlemen

Hell no it's not, I been to Iverson Mall so many times. Namely while high to get snickerdoodle cookies with my cousins. So who on the IC from Temple Hills?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    There's a few posters on this board from there who claim D.C........and not in the way you're talking about.

I mean, these people actually see themselves as natives of DC.

You're getting too caught up in the wording....either that or misinterpreting it.

When I say Silver Springs/PG county are considered part of D.C.........I don't mean literally.

I'm speaking in terms of perception and proximity.

I'm telling you as someone born, raised and still living here the bold used to be frowned upon and would get you laughed out or looked at funny because you would be considered a fake ass person.

The bold only started to be partially accepted when these new folks started talking that DMV ? as being one area. Real Washingtonians don't believe in that ? . If you from D.C. you say you from D.C. and what part of D.C. you from. If you from MD say what part of MD you from and if you from VA nobody ? cares!!!

real ? especially at the bolded

I'll never be able to embrace the "DMV" label

LOL at anybody over the bridge embracing VA ? like we can relate haha
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few posters on this board from there who claim D.C........and not in the way you're talking about.

You're getting too caught up in the wording....either that or misinterpreting it.

When I say Silver Springs/PG county are considered part of D.C.........I don't mean literally.

I'm telling you as someone born, raised and still living here the bold used to be frowned upon and would get you laughed out or looked at funny because you would be considered a fake ass person.

The bold only started to be partially accepted when these new folks started talking that DMV ? as being one area. Real Washingtonians don't believe in that ? . If you from D.C. you say you from D.C. and what part of D.C. you from. If you from MD say what part of MD you from and if you from VA nobody ? cares!!!

lol why the hate for VA? some goats came out tha place.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this a dc discussion thread now huh...

Like I said
    AP21 wrote: »
    weird ass thread derail

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even like entering the state of VA

and once you get outta Northern VA them VA ? got their own identities..i mean how we gonna claim Vick and clipse as part of the DMV

my theory years ago was if your area don't rock with go go then you not part of the DMV. Southern VA, 757, Bmore, anne arundel ? really don't count...but according to my daughter age group everybody is the DMV
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

and once you get outta Northern VA them VA ? got their own identities..i mean how we gonna claim Vick and clipse as part of the DMV

my theory years ago was if your area don't rock with go go then you not part of the DMV. Southern VA, 757, Bmore, anne arundel ? really don't count...but according to my daughter age group everybody is the DMV

DMV is DC, NoVa, and Maryland except for Baltimore. My mans tried to tell me the D was for Delaware lmao
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    lamontbdc wrote: »

I said before on here ? in Dale City VA try to say they're the real DC. Ol bamma ass ? . Other posters are right...if you from here then if you from the MD side of the line you just say what part ..if you from the city side you just say what part...only things that's universal is saying you from the southside or uptown...like if you live on the MD side of Suitland Parkway and say you from the south side we immediately know you're from a certain area...
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

? talkin about VA? For what?
  • blackrain

It's not VA as much as Nova itself and those people trying to claim DC just to look cool to people not from around here. Never forget one day my freshman year in college some dude that lived all the way out by Potomac Mills was telling people he was from DC. I get to class one day and somebody asked where I was from because of my accent and dude overheard me say "PG County" and he said "Oh I'm from DC. I grew up out past Potomac Mills"...laughed dead in his face and said "You from Virginia you ain't from DC. Stop lying to these people to look cool"
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

It's not VA as much as Nova itself and those people trying to claim DC just to look cool to people not from around here. Never forget one day my freshman year in college some dude that lived all the way out by Potomac Mills was telling people he was from DC. I get to class one day and somebody asked where I was from because of my accent and dude overheard me say "PG County" and he said "Oh I'm from DC. I grew up out past Potomac Mills"...laughed dead in his face and said "You from Virginia you ain't from DC. Stop lying to these people to look cool"

? on the west coast do that about bein from LA..
    i be pulling ? card all day out here in Vegas..

? don't even living in LA County and be trying to claim the city. lol

lemme guess @S2J aint really a DC ? ??! lol
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats so great bout being from DC that ? is lying bout it?
    That used to be a guaranteed way to strike up a conversation with a DC shawty
    Ask em what part of maryland theyre from and watch the fire in their eyes as they correct u and explain their whereabouts
  • blackrain

? on the west coast do that about bein from LA..
    i be pulling ? card all day out here in Vegas..

? don't even living in LA County and be trying to claim the city. lol

lemme guess @S2J aint really a DC ? ??! lol

Lol nah he's from out VA. He admitted it a while ago
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

lol I used to live in Fairfax and for a while you couldn't tell me I wasn't a DC ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ro ny wrote: »

Exactly.

Don't understand that either.

Never heard of anybody from Richmond or Tidewater claiming DMV anyway, so........I can't really see what the problem is.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol I used to live in Fairfax and for a while you couldn't tell me I wasn't a DC ?

@D. Morgan

This is the kinda ? I've been talking about.

Why were you acting like it doesn't happen?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Never heard of anybody from Richmond or Tidewater claiming DMV anyway, so........I can't really see what the problem is.

? gon nig
  • blackrain

Exactly.

That's why I said its only northern VA people that do it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Stop being ?

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every metropolitan area has this problem. I think it's a natural proclivity of people to want to be attached to something bigger. Which is why they front on multiple levels.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraxas wrote: »
    I think every metropolitan area has this problem. I think it's a natural proclivity of people to want to be attached to something bigger. Which is why they front on multiple levels.

why tho?!

i couldnt wait to get the ? out of LA!!
    i mean as a kid i loved it.. but what kid dont love where they from.. they go be kids no matter what..

i really cant tell u 5 good things about LA..
    but if u ask me everything wrong wit it ill be here all night..

and it be ? from San Bernardino or Pasadena or some ? sayin they from LA. smmfh