Nipsey hussle is the future of west coast hip hop.

nojokenoke
nojokenoke Members Posts: 20
edited July 2010 in The Essence
and thats a fact because he got that gangsta style that introduced the west coast to hip hop. so i can already see it.... i mean cmon now the hyphy movement was a failure, jerkin?... i dont think so. maybe if the mac was still alive the bay woulda been famous for him but he's gone RIP. so its up to nipsey to bring us back.

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    jus what we need.. another west coast gangsta rapper...
    cant be the "future" when u stuck in the past..

and this commin from a Lef' Coast ? ..
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    nope, DOM KENNEDY is ten times better....not even bein a stan, my boy put me on to dude a few months ago and ive been listenin non-stop, he got a smooth as butter flow

btw im a nispey fan...he mad nice, just sayin
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    CapitalB wrote: »
    jus what we need.. another west coast gangsta rapper...
    cant be the "future" when u stuck in the past..

and this commin from a Lef' Coast ? ..

i disagree wit u brotha, i think he(and jay rock) got this because they makin what u say is the "past" relevent to this present and i bet the future aint gon change. there still is gangstas right? they got the stories to tell that make good music and i think with new flows, new beats and new topics, west coast gangsta rap is what we need..... as long as the artist aint spittin ignorance.... and nipsey doesnt do that.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited July 2010
    ^^^personally i want the old ? back, i think hip-hop is dying for it....and like i said nipsey hussle is dope as ? and maybe he will bring the west coast back BUT he doesnt remind you too much of snoop? you dont think dom is better?
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    nope, DOM KENNEDY is ten times better....not even bein a stan, my boy put me on to dude a few months ago and ive been listenin non-stop, he got a smooth as butter flow

btw im a nispey fan...he mad nice, just sayin

yea dom kennedy go, watermelon sundae's my ? . he reminds me of the people under the stairs tho.... and lyrically nowhere near on nipsey's level.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited July 2010
    nowhere near nipseys leveL? damn i gotta hear more of nipsey then.. not even on a sarcastic tip, im willing to bump some of his best ? ....school me on his better ? if u dont mind sendin a link or 2 thru

i just like doms flow and subject matter,,,very laid but but real as hell
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    ^^^personally i want the old ? back, i think hip-hop is dying for it....and like i said nipsey hussle is dope as ? and maybe he will bring the west coast back BUT he doesnt remind you too much of snoop? you dont think dom is better?

yea thats what we NEED bruh. when has west coast hip hop ever been good after the 90's (which was the gangsta era)?

and yo the only thing bout nipsey that resembles snoop is his looks and fact that they're both crips. i like dom but lyrically, like i said, he cant touch nipsey. nipsey has a way more extensive vocabulary and thats what makes him dope... kickin that knowledge while still keepin it real.
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    nowhere near nipseys leveL? damn i gotta hear more of nipsey then.. not even on a sarcastic tip, im willing to bump some of his best ? ....school me on his better ? if u dont mind sendin a link or 2 thru

i just like doms flow and subject matter,,,very laid but but real as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiApvt5vgSg

this song shows his more intelligent/political side. ? go hard on this. u could get his mixtapes off datpiff.com
  • Afroca
    Afroca Members Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Nipsey is one of the dopest west coast gangsta rappers.
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    Afroca wrote: »
    Nipsey is one of the dopest west coast gangsta rappers.

thats what im sayin best out right now.
  • Afroca
    Afroca Members Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    nojokenoke wrote: »
    thats what im sayin best out right now.

Yup he's got one of the most unique styles for the rappers in his category.
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2010
    smh @ hip hop needs gangsta rap..

yeh ? is still bangin but regardless if the ? is sayin hot, burnin, scorchin, he aint sayin nothin new under the sun..
    that ? has been done to death.. and from what i heard of dude aint nothin knowledgeable about the ? he's spittin.. but eh.. i could be wrong.. doubt it.. but i could be..

my dude aint nothin cool about bangin.. nothin good comes of it nor glorifyin it in song..
    West Coast will never vet back on top until it chooses to grow up.. gangbangin gettin criminal records.. livin at home w/ moms is played..
    its so much other ? to talk about besides where u from the color chucks u wearin and the dimes and dubbs u slangin..

AGAIN commin from a ? who did all that..
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    CapitalB wrote: »
    smh @ hip hop needs gangsta rap..

yeh ? is still bangin but regardless if the ? is sayin hot, burnin, scorchin, he aint sayin nothin new under the sun..
    that ? has been done to death.. and from what i heard of dude aint nothin knowledgeable about the ? he's spittin.. but eh.. i could be wrong.. doubt it.. but i could be..

my dude aint nothin cool about bangin.. nothin good comes of it nor glorifyin it in song..
    West Coast will never vet back on top until it chooses to grow up.. gangbangin gettin criminal records.. livin at home w/ moms is played..
    its so much other ? to talk about besides where u from the color chucks u wearin and the dimes and dubbs u slangin..

AGAIN commin from a ? who did all that..

yea i feel it bruh.. but what i'm sayin is thats what he raps about cuz he been through it and he knows that the people he grew up with and owe his success too can relate to that type of music. and i know bang'n aint somethin that lil kids should think is koo... cuz thatll just have em wantin to bang BUT i think in terms of music lyrics should reflect your life so if all he know is bangin then he gon spit bout it.and to me it stands out because of the way he puts it into words. but also he's not completely spittin bout bangin.... check out that link i posted to a song of his called payback
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2010
    ill give it a listen.. but trust me.. ? in a situation that they cant get out ofout there..
    i was lucky.. so believe me when i say ? in the gang dont think its cool.. except for the ignorant ? but we aint talkin bout them..

i had cousins.. uncles.. my father all bangin and guess what.. they all gone.. but before they left i seen the pain..
    it took me loosin my closest cousin to feel it.. the ? is real my dude.. this ? aint fun.. and these ? rappin about it give u the wrong impression..

im'a give ur link a listen but one song dont change the fact.. ? should be rappin about him wishin he didnt have to bang.. how he cant sleep at night because of the vision of the ? he killed the night before.. ? should rap about how he's trapped in his own hood cause if he goes out of it he's dead.. rap about how his big homies got him doin all the work and takin the rap while they kick back and enjoy the fruits of his labor and hard work.. im tellin u this ? cause i know this ? ..

if "gangsta" rappas rapped about the negatives moreso then the alcohol/weed induced ? id respect it.. but they dont so i wont..
    i know what they really feel and what they really wanna say but they either cowards or fakin the funk..
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    yup i understand it... i never banged but im from south hayward i know how ? work. where im from they got the norte gangs but its mostly turf bangin and thank ? i was blessed to move to a better area after bein jumped and takin a metal bat to the face after fightin with a gang banger. and i know there is nothin glorious about that i got fam that is broke cuz they used to bang and i dont support rappers that make it seem good but if u listen to nipsey hussle's mixtapes bullets aint got no names vol. 1,2 and 3.. you'll see how he paints a vivid picture in yo mind bout what he's been goin through and all the OBSTACLES he had to face to get where he's at, and he does it in intelligent/clever way. n ? personally i dont wanna bang nothin after listenin to his music. check him out man trust me you'll see what im talkin bout.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    nojokenoke wrote: »
    i disagree wit u brotha, i think he(and jay rock) got this because they makin what u say is the "past" relevent to this present and i bet the future aint gon change. there still is gangstas right? they got the stories to tell that make good music and i think with new flows, new beats and new topics, west coast gangsta rap is what we need..... as long as the artist aint spittin ignorance.... and nipsey doesnt do that.

CoSign.........? klill me with that "Past" ? .........Hiphop is born from the street, Gansta Rap will never die, amnd Nipsey spits is From a Different Perspective; he aint praisin it, Nor glorifying it, he tellin it like it is.......he doin it from a ? with a Different Mindset, u can tell dude is intelligent and about Changin ? ........I hope ? Come back with that hard ? .........hiphop Needs it, Just like hiphop needs Conscious ? and DECENT commmerical Music, its all about place
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    word Nips go hard and Dom do to im fans of they ? . but also dont forget cats like Locksmith, Planet Asia,Hireoglyphics crew,Blu,Pac Div,Fashawn and more who are ill and need to be metioned.
  • young fatal
    young fatal Members Posts: 540
    edited July 2010
    Nipsey is my dude
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    the West Coast full of talent who knows which if any will knock into the mainstream...but the thing is gang bangin is played? Yeah but it is not just a marketing angle, and homie you should know that if you from the coast...other regions claim it,and it becomes marketable yet when someone from California does it uncreative,and what not well that is what they grew up in
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Nipsey's dope, and Dom Kennedy happens to have terrible beat selection (imo).
  • nojokenoke
    edited July 2010
    cosign, u don't walk backwards do u ? ? so y do u think backwards? focus on the future, gangsta rap is dead folk. if it wasn't drake wouldn't be ? right now.

how u gon say that when u got a picture of ice cube on yo avatar haha. gangsta rap aint dead as long as theres ? that can relate too it. and if u wanna compare ? to drake... then underground hip hop alltogether is dead. i dont think so my ? , we need that raw truth and reality that comes with the gangsta rap(that nipsey is spittin), and im not sayin thats the only kind of rap that is real but its the kind that i think we all miss. when i think gangsta rap im not talkin waka flocka gucci etc. im talkin bout that west coast ? that old snoop, westside connection, nwa, doggpound, TUPAC, dre, eazy e etc. etc.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    satyrone wrote: »
    real ?

I use to work at the Ralphs there seen him a few times before he bought that T-shirt shop from the Asians yea the dude he ask what kind of car he had in the blue shirt gave me Nipsey first cd in Gardena on 150th & Western crazy yea