CeeLo Spills the Truth: Andre 3k vs. Drake + Dungeon Family Reunion Show

Options

Comments

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    He said the verse is 2 years old. 3k can predict th future now?

Isn't Control 2 yrs old Kendrick was talking bout Drake with the ghostwriter line

Kendrick mentioned that on "King Kunta", not "Control"

I coulda swore he said a rapper with a ghostwriter I swear I wouldn't tell it on Control or maybe it was BET cypher
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Explain how am I deflecting ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Cuz subliminals don't mean ? to me
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U right infamous I jus looked it up
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    On a slightly different angle, y'all wanna hear something really sad? I know people who don't even know that this ? RAPS. Mad people only know this ? as a singer. SMH. He's one of the coldest MC's to ever touch a microphone and he's looked at like as a singer by a lot of people.

Love his verse on this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzwWOSwNY8

He has much better verses, but this one was so fire to me.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Frank Ocean been working on this album for how long before it dropped? That's not actually far fetched to think he's had the verse for a while
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    On a slightly different angle, y'all wanna hear something really sad? I know people who don't even know that this ? RAPS. Mad people only know this ? as a singer. SMH. He's one of the coldest MC's to ever touch a microphone and he's looked at like as a singer by a lot of people.

Love his verse on this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzwWOSwNY8

He has much better verses, but this one was so fire to me.

Whole album was fire. Not one skipable record on the album. And he had the best very on literally EVERY song, except MAYBE one.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    That's what I'm saying . Cee lo or 3k has NO reason to lie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ? what yall talkin bout, I'm Crunk about some new Cee-Lo projects droppin.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Isn't Control 2 yrs old Kendrick was talking bout Drake with the ghostwriter line

Kendrick mentioned that on "King Kunta", not "Control"

I coulda swore he said a rapper with a ghostwriter I swear I wouldn't tell it on Control or maybe it was BET cypher

It's on King Kunta..."but a rapper with a ghostwriter what the ? happened"...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just wanna salute the thread starter for finally turning their lower caps button off. Christ MarioDro was always meek mill all caps typing on the IC.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aiightm complex did a bit on this interview and I talked to one of the editors about it.....

While Cee-Lo is a credible source, this isn't the horses mouth, nor brain. The verse may have been written 2 years ago....but we knew Drake wasn't writing on his own since, at least, "Best I Ever Had" timeframe.

BUT

If it is a blanket sub and not a blatant sub, then the shoe still fits, thats why you got everybody looking at Drake when anyone says anything about a ghostwriter.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

one of the coldest mc's ? hahahahaha he a better singer than rapper now dont start exagerating he was cool as an mc but come on...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

one of the coldest mc's ? hahahahaha he a better singer than rapper now dont start exagerating he was cool as an mc but come on...

https://youtu.be/NRxZ9gKD1oQ
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    aiightm complex did a bit on this interview and I talked to one of the editors about it.....

While Cee-Lo is a credible source, this isn't the horses mouth, nor brain. The verse may have been written 2 years ago....but we knew Drake wasn't writing on his own since, at least, "Best I Ever Had" timeframe.

BUT

If it is a blanket sub and not a blatant sub, then the shoe still fits, thats why you got everybody looking at Drake when anyone says anything about a ghostwriter.

I agree with ThiS a lot . Drake wasn't who 3k was actually talking about but Drake does fit the shoe
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

BUT

I been telling ? since 2011/2012 Drake didn't write Take Care and ? came for my throat and called me a hater SMMFH.

tough position to be in, because I'm what some would consider a Drake hater....ya know since you can't dislike something without hating on it.

But in a time where the listeners don't really care about how they got the end product, its a moot point to prove that "the Guy" has help writing or even coming up with the songs people love so much. They're really only looking for what I like to call "millennial mantras" from Drake songs, not the authenticity of their origins.

Plus, if he got a bomb ass NDA set up, its no way we'll ever really "find out". All we can do is put two and two.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BUT

I agree with ThiS a lot . Drake wasn't who 3k was actually talking about but Drake does fit the shoe

That's because you're still under the impression that Drake isn't the first of his kind when he is
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    You can't be that naive to think Drake the first mainstream rapper to have a ghostwriter . Especially Andre being in the game for over 20 years. You're asinine to think he never saw a rapper use one before
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    You can't be that naive to think Drake the first mainstream rapper to have a ghostwriter . Especially Andre being in the game for over 20 years. You're asinine to think he never saw a rapper use one before

See, i never know what people mean when they say he's the first of his kind....its like from what vantage point?

As a mainstream rapper....hell no, definitely not the first....Will Smith, et al. But what I think they could mean is, the way he comes off, as this super braggadocios rapper that claims to be one of the greats. I'm telling ? , its the rapper/singer/entertainer/lyricist/businessman rubix cube that Drake and Co have built thats not even worth touching.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's the first artist that people considered a "lyrical rapper" to have a ghostwriter

And not just 1, like 6
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Ya'll ? say this all the time, but:

1. Drake is the only one whom we've been given a drove of evidence on.
    2. Andre himself is saying he's never heard of the ? in his 20 years. Verbatim.
    3. It was 100% a thing frowned upon from early 90s to mid 2000s.

I see ya'll like to play 'The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence' game when it comes to this ghostwriter situation with other artists. No evidence, no names, but constantly regurgitating that 'Other artists surely have had some writers.' Im talking about the ones who matter to the GOAT conversation.

But when it comes to simple subliminals, you ? need names dropped and verification from the horses mouth.
    This is hypocritical.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Thing is NOBODY ever took Drake ass serious since best I ever had. I never ever seen someone give him props for his raps. He's always been linked with his peers not cuz of "lyrical ability" cuz of his songs. Especially on here. . Lol at him being a lyrical rapper .
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    the flyest ? I'll say about Drake is that in the midst of all the allegations and all that other ? , the boy has never denied the ? . He'll diss Meek all night, but the boy made everybody who was looking, look the other way. So I gotta say, hats off to him.