Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Nope) wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    slickwatts wrote: »
    hov aint gonna diss hammer no more
    https://youtu.be/JgFrBVkYZg0

What's crazy is Hov got more street power than hammer.

because of money or what?

:'(

What is this based on? Hammer apparently has real power moves credited to him. Can you say the same about Jay? I mean he's rich, so I'm sure he could find people to pay to do dirt whenever he wants, but people seemed to have been ready to do the same for Hammer off his name alone.

Go to Marcy as an out of towner and tell the people "? Jay-Z" and see what happens. There's a difference in culture that is apparent to anyone who has spent time in either place, but Jay Z not being loud doesn't mean he doesn't get that kind of love. If Jay said "hey NY we're going at -insert name here- if you see him break his legs" ? would be game over for that person in NY. That's just off the strength that he's a hometown hero. Remember that Dipset beef? He said the word and the wolves were out.

Hammer was getting love because he was giving love and part of that was money. But -as I said- difference in culture. The Bay might go harder for their own than anywhere in the country.

So what? Go to Stapleton Project and say "? Ghostface." What you think gonna happen? Go to the hood in Miami and say "? Luke." What you think going to happen? Go to a hood in Long Beach and say "? Snoop." What you think going to happen?

The point is, what you're saying about Jay can be said about any pretty much any person that's reached a certain level of fame and still has ties to their roots.

And it's not like Hammer was loud about his connections. He personally never said much about it. It was other people that spoke up on it. So again, how can someone claim that Hov has more street power when people that don't have anything to do with Hammer knew about his and no one seems to know about Jay's.

All you did was reiterate my argument. If you want to be contrary for the sake of being contrary make an original argument. And just because we aren't regaled by tales of Hov's street power doesn't mean ? . You think MC Hammer wasn't breaking guys like Mike Conception off with some bread? If so, then you're naive.

Moreover, I don't give a ? about "street power." If you are from a place where you are well respected or cherished and someone disrespects you then comes to that place you will have a problem. I don't care who's "dad is tougher" or whatever. I don't fantasize about nor canonize these entertainers in that way.

Maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. Seems like you were saying that Jay got street power because people in his hood will ride for him. You can say that about any rapper. I don't really see how it supports the claim that Jay has more pull on the streets than Hammer.

And I don't care what rapper has street power either. My initial post was more a question on the basis of the claim the person was making. I wanted to know why he was saying what he was saying.

Gotcha! Wouldn't your hood or your city riding for you be considered "street power?" (I feel like a ? clown typing that.) I think I may have missed whoever initially starting talking about "street power" and trolled us into this nonsense.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Reminds me of Nelly, people are dumb enough to believe the image they portray in their music and think they soft. They worked that hard to get away from it so they leave it out they music. Don't mean they won't get busy when need be tho. Nelly, MC Hammer, Flo Rida, Pitbull, etc. These guys were really in the streets and will take it there if need be.

I knew Pitbull was a real one when he two pieced this dude and came back to the song on beat

https://youtu.be/ndP__tk8TQg

Lol damn!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall sound dumb as duck log the duck off

Got Jay ? so far up your ass, it's hard to spell huh?

It's a called a typo ? how the ? you on the Internet measuring ? gangster moves f "hammer made real street moves" that landed his ass in debt and got him in them cheesy ass hammer pants til this day while Jay a ? billionaire and

I never mentioned Jay z at all or hinted to it get them camel ? out your mouth

"Jay-Z was never a gangster he just sold drugs"

Smh you for you act like he was the dorm room weed man he was pushing in the projects in the 80s your agl gangster by default you sound dumb as ? do Yall do the know these men to get all intricate about their levels of gangstaness ?this ain't GTA ONLINE ain't no level or ranking to read

You dumb summaofbitch(bernie mac voice)

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    serch on that classic white boy "what did i do" ? ...talkin bout some running a train on his mother aibt mean nothing foh...shoulda laser tagged that ?

brother j checked them lames for hijackin lingo that had real meaning that they were running around saying not knowin wat it meant, thinkin the ? was cute...jus like white boys
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    serch on that classic white boy "what did i do" ? ...talkin bout some running a train on his mother aibt mean nothing foh...shoulda laser tagged that ?

brother j checked them lames for hijackin lingo that had real meaning that they were running around saying not knowin wat it meant, thinkin the ? was cute...jus like white boys

Yeah he was trying to come off like he didn't do anything wrong and Hammer was just acting crazy.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Hammer ever get after ice cube for this?

https://youtu.be/r_zSt-qQfn4
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »

Actually Ice Cube wrote a letter to The Source that they printed in the editorial section. He said that he didn't direct or edit the video and he didn't mean to imitate or portray MC Hammer in any way.

Then who was cube talking about
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the song itself was a broad generalization. There were a handful of rappers at the time that fit that description, MC Hammer being the most obvious.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the song itself was a broad generalization. There were a handful of rappers at the time that fit that description, MC Hammer being the most obvious.

If anybody was going back to the hood and giving back to the community it was MC Hammer.

That's was a huge part of why he went broke.

He tried give a job to everybody in east Oakland.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you all are talking about how gangster hammer was I bet y'all didn't know he was a preacher before he started rapping
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall sound dumb as duck log the duck off

Got Jay ? so far up your ass, it's hard to spell huh?

It's a called a typo ? how the ? you on the Internet measuring ? gangster moves f "hammer made real street moves" that landed his ass in debt and got him in them cheesy ass hammer pants til this day while Jay a ? billionaire and

I never mentioned Jay z at all or hinted to it get them camel ? out your mouth

"Jay-Z was never a gangster he just sold drugs"

Smh you for you act like he was the dorm room weed man he was pushing in the projects in the 80s your agl gangster by default you sound dumb as ? do Yall do the know these men to get all intricate about their levels of gangstaness ?this ain't GTA ONLINE ain't no level or ranking to read

You dumb summaofbitch(bernie mac voice)

So basically you coming into a topic and asking why I'm discussing the topic. Also, I didn't measure anyone gangster moves ? . Someone else did that by basically saying Jay had more "Street Power." All I did was ask what the basis for that comment was. I don't care who is more gangster than who. I just don't see how that claim can be made given the information available.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we go back to telling stories about Hammer in the 90s?