Damon Dash Developing “Brutally Honest” TV Series About Roc-A-Fella’s Rise and Fall

_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
9baa7018.png

Music industry executive and Roc-A-Fella Records co-founder Damon Dash is pairing with television producer Lemuel Plummer to create a TV series about the rise (and fall) of Roc-A-Fella (via Deadline). The two compare the new series to shows like (the recently cancelled) “Vinyl” or “The People vs. OJ Simpson” on HBO. It will follow Dash and co-founders Kareem Burke and Jay Z, and the growth of Roc-A-Fella through the early 2000s into a hip-hop empire, before it was sold to the Island Def Jam Music Group in 2005. According to Dash and Plummer, the new show will be a “brutally honest account” of the label’s history, including behind-the-scenes dealings and details about Dash’s relationships with Aaliyah and Rachel Roy.

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm interested......
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    lol yall ? buggin. This ? has potential to be a dope ass show.

True, but this ? ? in damn near every single interview when Rocafella is brought up, especially the fall part.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dame always entertaining...can't wait for the ignorance
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all rocafella didn't "fall"
    Second of all we already know what happened
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    It's not going to be "brutally honest", it's gonna be stories as told from his selfish perspective. The reason that ship fell was because Dame is an arrogant ? who strained relationships with business people (and family) the company relied on to serve an egotistical streak justified by false loyalty.

Since the split I never once heard Dame take responsibility for his behaviour, bankruptcies or marriage and admit maybe he was out of line. He's still the same. In his justification, he said he was "destroying them". If I treated anyone with that type of attitude they'd bounce on my ass too. He gonna take credit for all the artists and business successes and tell us Jay was just the "artist" and lowkey downplay his role.

All I thought reading the OP

Right on...I think anybody w knowledge of the situation knows what to expect from Dame at this point...would be dope to really get an unbiased behind the scenes series on the ROC (leaves thread n looks up choke no joke on youtube)

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know whose perspectives I'd like to get on the ROC coming up n fallin...diddy's n Russell Simmons bc they both had the biggest labels at one point in their careers n know what it takes to build one n lose that steam...they also industry dudes w relations to people in the Roc..I know is random..but be dope to hear what they would have to say..of course if it wasn't PC
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no need.....those 10 episodes on youtube from how ever many years ago were more than enough footage
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He Needs To Make A New Jay-Zee Zee Already
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Same needs to give it up.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? i wanna know more about Biggs selling drugs with the speedboats, the Infamous Vegas and St. Thomas trips

I wonder if the feds tried to get Jimmy the Juice to turn on Biggs and Jay.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? really hate Dame huh? He can come across a lil self centered but his track record w/ Paid In Full is enough to make me check this out. If Jay-Z was behind this you same ? would dickride so quick
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol he gonna milk this for everything next is "im not mad at jay z but heres what really happen"