Agree or Disagree: Top 10 Video Game Franchises Whose Futures We’re Concerned About

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Resident Evil
    Elder Scrolls
    Animal Crossing
    Far Cry
    Devil May Cry
    Metroid
    Start Fox
    Halo
    Metal Gear Solid
    Half Life

The gamin' community are a buncha ? . They don't want the games to change, unless they end up likin' the changes, and they don't want the games to stay the same.

Some games on the list have had like one funky entry.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's biggest money makers today. What exactly do they have to worry about there?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never ? with Animal Crossing but considering its succes n the potential the NX has, ? looks bright for the fans...

Big fan of the Elders Scrolls games, despite the ever so buggy game engine, you know bethesda n obsidian will deliver, been like a 5 year production cycle since oblivion...

Last metriod ? I played was that mini game on Nintendo land, which was awesome and ofcourse a new adventure is high over due...

Half Life...well its been like what? A decade since ep 2 dropped? How many memes and Valve jokes can we make? Half life 3 is a myth, ? were getting another Shenmue so never say never but right now, ? in the same category as a - ? u Bioware - Jade Empire sequal...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Konami's ? will continue to ruin Metal Gear until they go bankrupt

Resident Evil i would agree with before the announcement of RE7. They might change the game with that and have VR's killer app.

Microsoft will never let Halo die

Metroid is in a bad spot because all the fans really want another 2D Metroid game....

Half Life foh.......Valve knows what they're doing.

Sonic and Mega Man should be on here
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I think the next trend is prolly gonna be remakes that take it back to the original and then retelling the franchise from there.

Halo will never end. DMC may fall into Capcom limbo the way Powerstone and Rival Schools did.

Nintendo will be fine

what the hell happen to powerstone?

why is capcom doing my ? rockman ? ?

I need answers capcom.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say anything Capcom releases should concern gamers. Looking at Street Fighter 5 they had the game sponsored by Sony to remain an exclusive which included development costs.

In return they released a game with more micro-transactions than an App game. The net code is based on GGPO servers for a current gen game. Costumes are $3.99. To unlock colours is near impossible and they will be releasing a way for people to buy those colours with real money.

They released a $25 DLC which included a stage- which was $10 by itself- costumes and the possibility of the extra money going to a tournament ? .

Capcom is too pay wall based for people to consider anymore games.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Metroid is in a bad spot because all the fans really want another 2D Metroid game....

Nah they just want a true followup to Metroid: Prime at this point.

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nah those Nintendo ones are spot on besides Animal Crossing. Nintendo gives zero ? about its ips except for that, Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Nah those Nintendo ones are spot on besides Animal Crossing. Nintendo gives zero ? about its ips except for that, Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon

For the NX to be successful, they're gonna have to bring their A game with all their IPs.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the two games that need it the most are

Metroid
    Star fox
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The guy who wrote the Half Life story for Valve retired, so Half Life is done at this point. They don't even discuss it. Steam makes them so much money that there's no incentive to sink millions into a game.

Metal Gear Solid sounds promising until you see the footage. 4-Player Co-Op stealth sounds like some old school Splinter Cell multiplayer ? , but then... Zombies.

Resident Evil will never die. As someone else said, they're pushing things forward only to hit that reboot money. I wouldn't be shocked if they restarted the franchise with a big-ass re-telling of Resident Evil 2 and made that chronologically first. Fans been crying for that since the GameCube remakes.

Halo is in the same boat. After this ? 343 is doing comes to an end, I can see the franchise starting over with a re-telling from 343's perspective. They got lucky with 4 apparently because 5 was butt juice.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STREET FIGHTER OWNS THIS THREAD!!! They done ran that ? into the ground. Last actual good SF was the alpha series.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    STREET FIGHTER OWNS THIS THREAD!!! They done ran that ? into the ground. Last actual good SF was the alpha series.

Lol stop hatin bruh
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    Yo Im so tired of remakes/remasters/HD editions
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never understood the complaint about remasters of games like they don't remaster movies all the time. We got the popular movies on vhs, dvd, blu ray, etc

Plus new games come out all the time but ppl buy up the same ole madden and cod every year.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    A new Power Stone would be dope
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

Never understood the complaint about remasters of games like they don't remaster movies all the time. We got the popular movies on vhs, dvd, blu ray, etc

Plus new games come out all the time but ppl buy up the same ole madden and cod every year.

I ain't seeing no remakes either, tf
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Kingdom Hearts. 3 ain't ever coming out
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Kingdom Hearts. 3 ain't ever coming out

Not coming out for xbone I'm hearing