Options
124»

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    What makes you think basketball is equivalent to swimming?

what makes you think not going against blacks is making you great?
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    nagf4rv7rqzs.png

but back to my earlier statement. until he races against blacks he aint ? . thats like playing basketball in the 40's and being bill russell against ? white boys

That doesn't make any sense. It's not like there is a separate swimming league of blacks that Phelps is ducking. Blacks simply aren't elite swimmers.

The medal count argument needs to stop. Phelps is great, but he's competing in a sport that has a million different events. He still may be the best Olympian ever, but it would be because of how dominant he has been across four sets of games not because he has a bloated number of medals.

so we back in segregation? anyway how is a white boy gone be the greatest if he dont play agianst brothers? i gave you an example and you still didnt comprehend. so heres another and if you dont comprehend then im done. ok...their a white boy who lives in "aint no ? round here city and aint no ? round here state". so the white boy is an all american in basketball doing everybody. mr. aint no ? round here state. cool.....he gets a scholly to a d-1. lets say somewhere in the acc. now this white boy who was on the top and the best of the best who always started is now relegated to a bench warmer. why.....cause ? was better than the comp he played against.

i really hope youre trollin. but one true example is their was a white boy in my state and was cold but the sports talk radio i listened to was talkin about this and one of the commentators was like yeah he is good but he....and he said not to be racist(lol) said he probably aint that good cause he doesn't play against black people. and this is coming from a white dude. hell why you think the white mlb didnt want to play a "regular" game against the ? league? or when they did and lost they would say they werent playing hard enough(the white player). man please tell me youre trolling cause you sound and probably are ignorant as ? .

@The Lonious Monk

I'm not sure if you're joking or really being dense. We're not back in segregation. That's the whole point. To get to the Olympics, Phelps had to come out on top among all the swimmers in America. That includes the black swimmers. There is no separate league for black swimmers. And once you get to the Olympic level, whether or not you had blacks in your city doesn't matter anymore because you had to beat the best from all over the country to get there. Blacks compete in swimming, but, for the most part, the best swimmers are not black. The chick that won Gold this year was the first African American to win a Gold in swimming. That is all that needs to be said. Blacks aren't some kinda unbeatable force in swimming that Phelps is ducking, so the argument you're making doesn't make sense.

bro most hoods in america dont have swimming pools. hell that movie with terrance howard showed you ? would dominate swimming easily like any other sport. hell ? said a ? aint faster than a white boy and what happened. they said a ? aint as good as a white man in baseball. what happened? basketball, football, etc. why cant your peanut brain comprehend something so simple? you probably want to be white
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usain Bolt

Black people are genetically superior to virtually all other races on a physical level. This includes everything from increased melanin to combat ultraviolet rays to better muscle composition (fast twitch etc) - allowing us to be the most proficient sprinters (and in many cases) the best long distance runners in the world.

We also have the best looking women on the planet too ... but I digress.

But this notion that our genetic advantage would allow us to waltz into any competitive space and immediately dominate is absurd.

I assumed you were just being dense due to the hubristic and reductionist nature of your argument.

You sounding ? out here, fam.

I'm black and I'm proud...

But that doesent mean that white people only succeed due to us "not trying hard enough"...

There are less people that swim than there are people that run. But, Michael Phelps is an All Time Great Athlete ...

Period.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Phelps
    I'm gonna go with the guy with the most gold medals. You asked for better Olympian not better athlete, so all I care about in this argument is how many gold medals they have, and Michael Phelps has more..... than anyone..... in history. I don't care if swimming had more events, doesn't change the fact he still had to compete and won. Shouldn't have been a debate in the first place.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    Usain Bolt

Black people are genetically superior to virtually all other races on a physical level. This includes everything from increased melanin to combat ultraviolet rays to better muscle composition (fast twitch etc) - allowing us to be the most proficient sprinters (and in many cases) the best long distance runners in the world.

We also have the best looking women on the planet too ... but I digress.

But this notion that our genetic advantage would allow us to waltz into any competitive space and immediately dominate is absurd.

I assumed you were just being dense due to the hubristic and reductionist nature of your argument.

You sounding ? out here, fam.

I'm black and I'm proud...

But that doesent mean that white people only succeed due to us "not trying hard enough"...

There are less people that swim than there are people that run. But, Michael Phelps is an All Time Great Athlete ...

Period.

nobody said anything about waltz. i know that a ? aint comin off the streets and beatin him but my point still stands. he still aint better until he gets better comp....which is brothers.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    My Maa and aunt have a pic with Usain
    gns wrote: »
    What if usain was white? Lol

? would be everwhere

He isn't everywhere now? Can you name another athlete that's not even from America that gets as much shine in America as Bolt?

The cacs at work love Bolt.

He's the only black male athlete that has commentators pre-emptively shooting critics down for commenting on his confidence. Most black athletes get ? on all day for being cocky. It's just something about Bolt that is universally embraced.

My homeboy went to the Olympics and he said whenever Bolt came out on to the track, you would have thought he represented everybody's country the way people reacted.

They def tried to place the cocky arrogant label on him the first olympics. He just kept winning and they couldnt ? about it plus he brought attention aka dollars to the sport so they got over it
    But trust me they tried that approach
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Maa and aunt have a pic with Usain
    What if usain was white? Lol

? would be everwhere

He isn't everywhere now? Can you name another athlete that's not even from America that gets as much shine in America as Bolt?

The cacs at work love Bolt.

He's the only black male athlete that has commentators pre-emptively shooting critics down for commenting on his confidence. Most black athletes get ? on all day for being cocky. It's just something about Bolt that is universally embraced.

My homeboy went to the Olympics and he said whenever Bolt came out on to the track, you would have thought he represented everybody's country the way people reacted.

They def tried to place the cocky arrogant label on him the first olympics. He just kept winning and they couldnt ? about it plus he brought attention aka dollars to the sport so they got over it
    But trust me they tried that approach

Yeah, I know. He still has people trying to put that label on him. I was pointing out that he's the only one that I know of that has a critic defense squad. When NFL WRs catch that criticism, everyone is either silent or piles on. When Bolt catches it, all the commentators rush to defend him. There is just something about him people like.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    Usain is 9/9 he's never lost and it wasn't ever close.

They said mfers not supposed to be that fast til 2030 and we still might not see that ? .

Phelps might have more medals but its because there are more events for him to compete in. That doesn't take anything away from him its just the truth.

There aren't any ? events like running backwards or running suicides so Phelps will always have the one up on volume. But as far as dominance goes I gotta go with Usain.

Besides comparing a sprinter to a swimmer will never work they aren't even remotely the same.
    I voted for Bolt, but do people forgot he lost in 2004?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    killap wrote: »

They said mfers not supposed to be that fast til 2030 and we still might not see that ? .

Phelps might have more medals but its because there are more events for him to compete in. That doesn't take anything away from him its just the truth.

There aren't any ? events like running backwards or running suicides so Phelps will always have the one up on volume. But as far as dominance goes I gotta go with Usain.

Besides comparing a sprinter to a swimmer will never work they aren't even remotely the same.

You're comparing a 17 year old child running against grown men in their physical peak. Plus i think he lost in the first round race in the Olympics. He never lost when it came to a final.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Usain Bolt
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    killap wrote: »

You're comparing a 17 year old child running against grown men in their physical peak. Plus i think he lost in the first round race in the Olympics. He never lost when it came to a final.

No, I am not comparing anybody. I am saying that he has lost before, this is factual.