We need minority champs in the WWE.

BangEm_Bart
BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
ROH, WCW, ECW and TNA has had dope black champions but the E been slacking on diversifying it's belt towards minorities. We need a black, hispanic or Asian champ. Who do you think deserves a title run in the industry and please don't say that gawd awful Titus Oneil or Darren Young. I'll think of some names later and what story would help build that wrestler up?

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roman Reigns aint he Samoan
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    None right now.

Mark Henry should've got a run when he was doin that hall of pain and fake retirement.

• BangEm_Bart
    Maybe Big E since he started developing into his own person. He should at least get a US champ run to see how he does with the crowd.

Jason Jordan has no personality not a great finish move. Apollo Crews is too happy and that's about it. I wish Ricochet come to the E.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Or yall can support those who support you instead of soley supporting .. Nevermind.. Jersey.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Maybe Big E since he started developing into his own person. He should at least get a US champ run to see how he does with the crowd.

Jason Jordan has no personality not a great finish move. Apollo Crews is too happy and that's about it. I wish Ricochet come to the E.
    Been trying to contact Ricco on Facebook for a little inquiry here n there.
  • BangEm_Bart
    I mean it's not about just pushing any black person but finding someone that stands out so we don't have the generic blonde hair, blue eye, long haired champs.

Someone well spoken in the mic with great ring skills and a decent image to match. I haven't seen a true champ since the Rock. Lashley has the ring skills to a degree but is horrible on the mic. Jay Lethal has the ring skills, personality but his image is a little off.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    I spoke to Pope about this but due to a possible lawsuit n ? I cant post our convo but Ill go back to it later sum it up for yall.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    I mean it's not about just pushing any black person but finding someone that stands out so we don't have the generic blonde hair, blue eye, long haired champs.

Someone well spoken in the mic with great ring skills and a decent image to match. I haven't seen a true champ since the Rock. Lashley has the ring skills to a degree but is horrible on the mic. Jay Lethal has the ring skills, personality but his image is a little off.

A true champ since rock? When his last run or early 00's? Cause if So don't Beno.... I mean Eddie, Brock, Jbl etc don't count?

Was gonna ask do I mean black wrestlers but u can't even ask that cause he's the only one in the E to hold it
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    Im satisfied with Lashley. What does Brock have to offer really over Lashley? Not much more.

There have been lesser white champions so I sorta have a problem with the blakc wrestler having to be so perfect to be equal to an average or lesser white or polynesian champion. Yall old heads forgot about Yokozuna (related to The Rock also)
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    I disagree with diversifying just for the sake of it and I would offer the counter argument. WWE is what most of you grew up on and are loyal to, I grew up on WWF and not loyal to any promotion but let's agree that WWE is the top promotions shall we.

They have majority viewership and they ? black performers and they have majority viewership the smaller promotions have minority demographic champs and have lesser viewership...the math there is simple.

SO all they need to do is exactly what they've been doing b/c it's what most ppl including yourselves watch loyally
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I mean it's not about just pushing any black person

This is what it seems like y'all want, people want every black guy they see to b champ, there's a few with potential but they have to do their part n get there. There have been a few in the past but other than Booker t, mark Henry after fake retirement and MAYBE mvp they all didn't have all the tools or were never over enough. B patient
  • BangEm_Bart
    edited September 2016

This is what it seems like y'all want, people want every black guy they see to b champ, there's a few with potential but they have to do their part n get there. There have been a few in the past but other than Booker t, mark Henry after fake retirement and MAYBE mvp they all didn't have all the tools or were never over enough. N patient

I may be too ? to explain but the thing about Booker T and Mark Henry or Lashley is that they all were gimmicks or sideshow champs that never really held the official WHC belt. Booker T was a Smackdown champ that got his ass whooped by the raw champs routinely. Mark Henry was a short term champ and that's after being in the industry for what....10, 15 years and an U.S. Olympic power lifter and I mean Kurt Angle got recognized and pushed to the top for being an Olympic wrestler within a year tops. Tazz....an ECW champion came into the E and got buried fast; he was a joke that got beat by Jerry "the king" Lawler.

Farooq and Lashley (not TNA Lashley) were the only legit ones that should've been pushed tremendously.

Now let's go to NXT, Big E Langston was a monster and so over with the crowd then he came to the E and became Dolphs bodyguard in which I expected him to get a push but instead he got his ass kicked by newcomer Rusev. In fact, Rusev buried every single black talent week after week, Mark, Big E, Titus, loss to Reigns, repeat. The only reason why Vince or H can't bury him is because Xavier is a genius and figured out how to win the crowd over with the new day while initially, Vince wanted them to be smiley jobbing face ? .

I don't see Apollo Crews going anywhere pass maybe the IC or US belt because Vince wants happy recessive negroes and not UHAA nation. I'll re-read my errors when I'm more sober.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what it seems like y'all want, people want every black guy they see to b champ, there's a few with potential but they have to do their part n get there. There have been a few in the past but other than Booker t, mark Henry after fake retirement and MAYBE mvp they all didn't have all the tools or were never over enough. N patient

I may too ? to explain but the thing about Booker T and Mark Henry or Lashley is that they all were gimmicks or sideshow champs that never really held the official WHC belt. Booker T was a Smackdown champ that got his ass whooped by the raw champs routinely. Mark Henry was a short term champ and that's after being in the industry for what....10, 15 years and an U.S. Olympic power lifter and I mean Kurt Angle got recognized and pushed to the top for being an Olympic wrestler within a year tops. Tazz....an ECW champion came into the E and got buried fast; he was a joke that got beat by Jerry "the king" Lawler.

Farooq and Lashley (not TNA Lashley) were the only legit ones that should've been pushed tremendously.

Now let's go to NXT, Big E Langston was a monster and so over with the crowd then he came to the E and became Dolphs bodyguard in which I expected him to get a push but instead he got his ass kicked by newcomer Rusev. In fact, Rusev buried every single black talent week after week, Mark, Big E, Titus, loss to Reigns, repeat. The only reason why Vince or H can't bury him is because Xavier is a genius and figured out how to win the crowd over with the new day while initially, Vince wanted them to be smiley jobbing face ? .

I don't see Apollo Crews going anywhere pass maybe the IC or US belt because Vince wants happy recessive negroes and not UHAA nation. I'll re-read my errors when I'm more sober.

Booker t n mark Henry had the run of their careers with the whc, which still is prestigious, lashley was surely gonna get something, Kurt angle got hot shotted right away cuz he was green n could still work n got over, mark Henry been in wwe 20 years n been hurt or trash 15, he lucky to even be around to go on his hall of pain run. And no, rusev buried no one.

Maybe they could have done more with big e, but he didn't even get over until new day, n Titus sucks
  • BangEm_Bart
    Agreed that them primetime ? suck though lol.
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Y'all don't really want it...you might like it but you don't want it.
  • DOPEdweebz
    TNA Lashley does more in the ring than WWE Lashley. MVP def had all the tools. Jay Lethal was amazing as champion.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Monty Brown is one of the forgotten ones that had "It" and everything else. He left the business too early due to family issues.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Nomad1 wrote: »
    Y'all don't really want it...you might like it but you don't want it.

So no One wanted to see the Rock when he was champ or Booker T in WCW? I don't get it???