To those who believe in the power of prayer, does ? or the heavens keep a waiting list?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    @kingblaze84

wilt chamberlain is dead he's not here to defend himself maybe he was lying and the real reason he did not have kids was because he had a low sperm count and was just to ashamed to admit it, we don't know. But once again i am not analyzing his motivations i am analyzing yours. All those records are great but most people don't know who he is unless they are into basket ball history they won't have a clue. If Oprah said that then yes SHE IS also scared of making children but she is a female so it makes more sense for her to be scared. LIKE I ALREADY SAID it's about motivations veterans may choose to not have any kids but i don't know there motivations behind that decision I KNOW YOUR MOTIVATIONS AND YOUR MOTIVATIONS ARE COWARDLY. MY statements are ABOUT YOU not everybody else

What does the existence of horrible parents have to do with you???? or are you also scared that you will be a horrible parent?? therefore proving that it is fear that motivates you not wanting to reproduce

if you are scared just admit it

I'm not scared of anything, I just know what I want. If I was to have a kid, I wouldn't be scared of it, I just don't feel the need to have any, why do you care if I have kids or not? I don't see anything cowardly about my motivations and anyway, you're trying to derail the thread, me not wanting kids has nothing to do with the thread topic.

There's a difference between fear and lack of caring. I lack the FEELING and NEED to have a kid, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I would be a bad parent, I don't know, but that's irrelevant. Bottom line, it's not like you would pay for my childcare or babysitters if I was to have a kid, so stop being concerned about my SATISFACTION not having kids. I got a ? child that's well taken care of anyway.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kingblaze84

wilt chamberlain is dead he's not here to defend himself maybe he was lying and the real reason he did not have kids was because he had a low sperm count and was just to ashamed to admit it, we don't know. But once again i am not analyzing his motivations i am analyzing yours. All those records are great but most people don't know who he is unless they are into basket ball history they won't have a clue. If Oprah said that then yes SHE IS also scared of making children but she is a female so it makes more sense for her to be scared. LIKE I ALREADY SAID it's about motivations veterans may choose to not have any kids but i don't know there motivations behind that decision I KNOW YOUR MOTIVATIONS AND YOUR MOTIVATIONS ARE COWARDLY. MY statements are ABOUT YOU not everybody else

What does the existence of horrible parents have to do with you???? or are you also scared that you will be a horrible parent?? therefore proving that it is fear that motivates you not wanting to reproduce

I'm not scared of anything, I just know what I want. If I was to have a kid, I wouldn't be scared of it, I just don't feel the need to have any, why do you care if I have kids or not? I don't see anything cowardly about my motivations and anyway, you're trying to derail the thread, me not wanting kids has nothing to do with the thread topic.

There's a difference between fear and lack of caring. I lack the FEELING and NEED to have a kid, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I would be a bad parent, I don't know, but that's irrelevant. Bottom line, it's not like you would pay for my childcare or babysitters if I was to have a kid, so stop being concerned about my SATISFACTION not having kids. I got a ? child that's well taken care of anyway.

I don't really care which is why i said you can do what you want to do... i am just making observations and analysis of your statements and stances on issues.

I find the fact that you reject fatherhood and also reject ? very telling.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

Hmm psychics are a big question mark for me, I've seen videos and TV programs about psychics helping cops solve mysteries too. The cops swore up and down the psychics helped them solve some cold cases. And I actually spoke to a psychic in Atlantic City once, and damn I've been on the fence since, she seemed to know A LOT about me. My friend was there too and the psychic said a lot of stuff about him that he said was accurate, but then again, both of us were high as ? at the time, so I really don't know.....

What I don't get is how come psychics never seem to win the lottery?? Lol they should be guessing those numbers all the time. Not sure what to think about them yet.

I thought maybe cuz lottery is for self gain but if they charge to see you guess that's the same ? so now idk. I heard a long time ago that to predict the future you have to create the future, that made some sense to me ya know? And I watched a video of this guy who couldn't even predict what he himself was going to be doing three minutes into his future, and that's three minutes and it was himself! A psychic would have to say some pretty wild ? for me to believe them, not ? they could read from me.

Yeah psychics are a tricky subject, there's things that back them up and don't back them up. The one that I saw in Atlantic City made some very real assumptions about me that freaked me out, like when she was able to guess my spending habits and even how much I was making that year. Made great guesses about my personality too, but as I said, I was really high that day, so I could have been very impressionable.

She predicted I would have 2 or 3 kids some day, that can't be right lol....unless she meant step kids, then who knows. Not saying she sold me 100% but she could guess pretty damn well.

my ex girflfriend made me believe in psychics cause she liked to go see them and most are just hutslers but one one time she went to see one that told her ALOT of accurate ? and the most bugged out ? is that the psychic told her I was cheating on her witha girl that would become the woman of my life...4 years later ii'm not with the ex anymore but still with the then misstress and we close as a ? ,like I never been with any other chick so... and also I often had dreams that foretold the future so yeah I do believe some people have those gifts for real

Damn that's crazy! But yeah I do believe some people are intuitive like that, maybe not able to see 100% into the future but some people for whatever reason can really see things coming ahead of time and even read people. I'm not sure if that psychic just looked at your girl like, dude you can do better and maybe just assumed you would find someone better?? I don't know, but I also have had amazing deja vu moments myself, with some dreams that literally come true or a moment happens exactly as I dreamt it.

It's hard to come to conclusions about this ? but yeah I do believe SOME things are meant to happen. And some people kind of vibe to that kind of intuition somehow.

nah it was not vague like that ,thats the kind of thing hustler psychics say and then you make your own conclusions ...she was extremely accurate she also told her that she would meet a guy that had alot of money and she is with an older rich guy... she also told her about the negative liffestyle she was in and yeah it was some pimpin goin on ...she was actually my hoe not my girlfriend but since we going into details lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84

I don't really care which is why i said you can do what you want to do... i am just making observations and analysis of your statements and stances on issues.

I find the fact that you reject fatherhood and also reject ? very telling.

Well sorry, your observations and analysis needs a lot of work. It's wrong as hell.

LOL at me rejecting "? ", I already said I gave your "? " a chance, but I've said here repeatedly I'm open to other gods existing. You can't prove your ? is a real ? yet, so true, I have rejected the Bible ? because it can't prove itself over any other ? .

Doesn't mean I'm not open to any other ? out there possibly existing, but I know for a FACT the Bible ? is false and a giant lie. It is what it is, until your "? " proves itself to me, I have no reason to take it seriously. Me rejecting fatherhood means nothing in the grand scheme of things because I've taken on a lot of responsibilities in life too. Don't need any more.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hmm psychics are a big question mark for me, I've seen videos and TV programs about psychics helping cops solve mysteries too. The cops swore up and down the psychics helped them solve some cold cases. And I actually spoke to a psychic in Atlantic City once, and damn I've been on the fence since, she seemed to know A LOT about me. My friend was there too and the psychic said a lot of stuff about him that he said was accurate, but then again, both of us were high as ? at the time, so I really don't know.....

What I don't get is how come psychics never seem to win the lottery?? Lol they should be guessing those numbers all the time. Not sure what to think about them yet.

I thought maybe cuz lottery is for self gain but if they charge to see you guess that's the same ? so now idk. I heard a long time ago that to predict the future you have to create the future, that made some sense to me ya know? And I watched a video of this guy who couldn't even predict what he himself was going to be doing three minutes into his future, and that's three minutes and it was himself! A psychic would have to say some pretty wild ? for me to believe them, not ? they could read from me.

Yeah psychics are a tricky subject, there's things that back them up and don't back them up. The one that I saw in Atlantic City made some very real assumptions about me that freaked me out, like when she was able to guess my spending habits and even how much I was making that year. Made great guesses about my personality too, but as I said, I was really high that day, so I could have been very impressionable.

She predicted I would have 2 or 3 kids some day, that can't be right lol....unless she meant step kids, then who knows. Not saying she sold me 100% but she could guess pretty damn well.

my ex girflfriend made me believe in psychics cause she liked to go see them and most are just hutslers but one one time she went to see one that told her ALOT of accurate ? and the most bugged out ? is that the psychic told her I was cheating on her witha girl that would become the woman of my life...4 years later ii'm not with the ex anymore but still with the then misstress and we close as a ? ,like I never been with any other chick so... and also I often had dreams that foretold the future so yeah I do believe some people have those gifts for real

Damn that's crazy! But yeah I do believe some people are intuitive like that, maybe not able to see 100% into the future but some people for whatever reason can really see things coming ahead of time and even read people. I'm not sure if that psychic just looked at your girl like, dude you can do better and maybe just assumed you would find someone better?? I don't know, but I also have had amazing deja vu moments myself, with some dreams that literally come true or a moment happens exactly as I dreamt it.

It's hard to come to conclusions about this ? but yeah I do believe SOME things are meant to happen. And some people kind of vibe to that kind of intuition somehow.

nah it was not vague like that ,thats the kind of thing hustler psychics say and then you make your own conclusions ...she was extremely accurate she also told her that she would meet a guy that had alot of money and she is with an older rich guy... she also told her about the negative liffestyle she was in and yeah it was some pimpin goin on ...she was actually my hoe not my girlfriend but since we going into details lol

Damn bro, where did you meet this psychic?? I might want to give her a chance, is she in NY by chance? I'm just curious to see what she might say about me.

And that chick that was with you was one of your past hoes? Lol damn, well money is money and I'm assuming you didn't force her into that but it's crazy how the psychic was able to point out her lifestyle. I bet ol girl was freaked out herself but probably happy when she heard the psychic say she wouldn't have to trick anymore (unless she liked trickin, which many girls do enjoy).

Put me on to that psychic if she's in the NY area lol, my homegirl is really into that stuff and she told me a few weeks ago she'd like to speak to one. I told her not to but after what you said, Ima mention it to her.
  • Ether44mag
    edited September 2016
    Options

Damn bro, where did you meet this psychic?? I might want to give her a chance, is she in NY by chance? I'm just curious to see what she might say about me.

And that chick that was with you was one of your past hoes? Lol damn, well money is money and I'm assuming you didn't force her into that but it's crazy how the psychic was able to point out her lifestyle. I bet ol girl was freaked out herself but probably happy when she heard the psychic say she wouldn't have to trick anymore (unless she liked trickin, which many girls do enjoy).

Put me on to that psychic if she's in the NY area lol, my homegirl is really into that stuff and she told me a few weeks ago she'd like to speak to one. I told her not to but after what you said, Ima mention it to her.

I'm from Canada and as for the pimpin thing nahhh never forced a girl to do anything trust me I was not ( because I dont ? anymore) a gorilla ? I was the smoove type basically I just told ? if they wanted to roll with me they had to pay me thats all , and all of em were in a better position in life after me than before they met me so I was actually a very good ? in the sense that I really wanted the ? to elevate because to me that gave me a better rep ,they could not say " he ? her life up dont deal with him " etc..
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Or are the prayers answered at random?

I'm conflicted on this question because although I'm not religious, I do pray once in a blue moon to the universe or the heavens, like I did for a friend of mine the other day whose 2 year old daughter is suffering from a bad case of asthma. She herself also has anxiety over that and some health issues herself (arthritis), so she asked me to pray for her and I did, while she was there......she herself is 24, so having arthritis on her right knee is freaking her out, as one would expect.

And I basically prayed that her issues would go away, but I thought to myself afterwards, she's been dealing with these problems for about a year now. Is ? or the heavens putting her and our prayers on a waiting list? Or are the heavens simply ignoring her? She's Christian and bisexual, so she's sometimes said ? doesn't like her, but if that's the case, ? doesn't like a lot of people cuz many have it way worse then her.

But to those who believe in the power of prayer, do the heavens answer prayers at random? Or is it all just luck in the end

I've seen quite a few of your posts (and respect the vast majority). I think you already know the answer and you're just posing on this question. But, if you're sincere there's no way any of us Christians have the answer to this. Who knows? The bible says certain things about prayer but we do not have a guarantee for us to live on as an example. The guarantee is in ? . We all suffer and we all get some blessings-christian or not. The way I see it is it doesn't hurt and I do believe there is power in it, but through personal experience it is completely out of our realm to know how, if, when, who gets answered or how it is answered. Again, the bible speaks on this. "Ask and it shall be given," but there are also countless cases of where you are to trust in ? no matter what the result and that he is constantly going to do what he chooses UNLESS he decides to intervene on your personal behalf just because of your faith or situation or prayer. I can only imagine what Job prayed for. However, I do have to side with the way scripture is written it does tend to lean on making it definitely seem that prayer with faith and strong relationship with ? will lead to your prayers being answered. There are plenty of scriptures stating this. Personally, I pray and I hope but I have seen enough in life to believe in miracles and enough not to expect them. And definitely enough to never, never, never, never think that if one receives a blessing and another doesn't then it has something to do with their relationship with ? .
  • kingblaze84
    Options

I'm from Canada and as for the pimpin thing nahhh never forced a girl to do anything trust me I was not ( because I dont ? anymore) a gorilla ? I was the smoove type basically I just told ? if they wanted to roll with me they had to pay me thats all , and all of em were in a better position in life after me than before they met me so I was actually a very good ? in the sense that I really wanted the ? to elevate because to me that gave me a better rep ,they could not say " he ? her life up dont deal with him " etc..

That's cool, that must have been an interesting time, I've known a few porn stars in the past and they told me some interesting stories about pimps they had, most positive.

Not sure if you had chicks get into the porno business but damn some of the chicks made a killing, so I can imagine what the producers were making. It's probably good you left that lifestyle though, it could be mentally draining dealing with all that, at least for me it would be.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Or are the prayers answered at random?

I'm conflicted on this question because although I'm not religious, I do pray once in a blue moon to the universe or the heavens, like I did for a friend of mine the other day whose 2 year old daughter is suffering from a bad case of asthma. She herself also has anxiety over that and some health issues herself (arthritis), so she asked me to pray for her and I did, while she was there......she herself is 24, so having arthritis on her right knee is freaking her out, as one would expect.

And I basically prayed that her issues would go away, but I thought to myself afterwards, she's been dealing with these problems for about a year now. Is ? or the heavens putting her and our prayers on a waiting list? Or are the heavens simply ignoring her? She's Christian and bisexual, so she's sometimes said ? doesn't like her, but if that's the case, ? doesn't like a lot of people cuz many have it way worse then her.

But to those who believe in the power of prayer, do the heavens answer prayers at random? Or is it all just luck in the end

I've seen quite a few of your posts (and respect the vast majority). I think you already know the answer and you're just posing on this question. But, if you're sincere there's no way any of us Christians have the answer to this. Who knows? The bible says certain things about prayer but we do not have a guarantee for us to live on as an example. The guarantee is in ? . We all suffer and we all get some blessings-christian or not. The way I see it is it doesn't hurt and I do believe there is power in it, but through personal experience it is completely out of our realm to know how, if, when, who gets answered or how it is answered. Again, the bible speaks on this. "Ask and it shall be given," but there are also countless cases of where you are to trust in ? no matter what the result and that he is constantly going to do what he chooses UNLESS he decides to intervene on your personal behalf just because of your faith or situation or prayer. I can only imagine what Job prayed for. However, I do have to side with the way scripture is written it does tend to lean on making it definitely seem that prayer with faith and strong relationship with ? will lead to your prayers being answered. There are plenty of scriptures stating this. Personally, I pray and I hope but I have seen enough in life to believe in miracles and enough not to expect them. And definitely enough to never, never, never, never think that if one receives a blessing and another doesn't then it has something to do with their relationship with ? .

Thanks, what's up haven't seen you post in awhile. And in all honesty I don't really have an answer to my own thread question, I'm not even sure what kind of ? or gods we have, assuming they are out there. Sometimes I think the gods favor only some people and others just have bad luck for whatever reason, and other days I think science, genetics, and environment are the only things that really make a difference. But because I'm not sure on what kind of higher powers that are out there, I honestly can say I don't have a clear answer. From my personal observations, I lean to the belief that if there are higher powers out there, they likely favor some over others for unknown reasons. Prayer to me is hit and miss, depending what someone prays for.

And you're right in that a relationship with ? is no guarantee that someone will receive a blessing or not, as there are plenty of atheists with great lives and living much better then some random religious person in Nicaragua or Sierra Leone. It is interesting that Bible scriptures say those with a "strong" relationship with ? will have their prayers answered, as Jesus seemed to guarantee that any prayer can be answered by him if faith is strong enough, yet I've known quite a bit of religious Christians who don't see their prayers answered.

Many believe prayers shouldn't be for asking for things, which is fine, but it's weird that the scriptures make it seem that ? can answer prayers that ask for things, even though many times it doesn't happen, even when it's really needed. Do you find that a little strange, as a Christian? Like the Bible ? makes it seem like it will help those with a lot of faith, and yet those with faith sometimes are the ones who suffer the most. To a secular person such as myself, it's very bizarre, and part of the reason I look at the scriptures as a little strange.
  • Ether44mag
    Options

That's cool, that must have been an interesting time, I've known a few porn stars in the past and they told me some interesting stories about pimps they had, most positive.

Not sure if you had chicks get into the porno business but damn some of the chicks made a killing, so I can imagine what the producers were making. It's probably good you left that lifestyle though, it could be mentally draining dealing with all that, at least for me it would be.

yes it is draining mentally but I loved the mental aspect of the game ,a ? will always test you when everything is going very well and she thinks you gettin laxed ,she will test you when ? is slow because she feels insecure about her makin less money etc no never put a ? in porn but my last hoe did a couple scenes years before I met her and she was the craziest ? ? I ever met in my life so she got me a little fed up with the game so I took a step back
  • luke1733
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Do you find that a little strange, as a Christian? Like the Bible ? makes it seem like it will help those with a lot of faith, and yet those with faith sometimes are the ones who suffer the most. To a secular person such as myself, it's very bizarre, and part of the reason I look at the scriptures as a little strange.

As a Christian I definitely had to look at this question in my life. I want to answer your question freestyling but I've used the words in another thread I answered that explain better my entire view on the question you posed on "if I find it strange." In a short answer. No, I don't find it strange and I'm really happy and can understand and agree with him not answering prayers in a physical way that we as humans can see and attribute that blessing (as non-believers and believers) as divine. That's the short answer here's the long of it of why I feel this way through what I have studied. I'll be the first to say most Christians argue with me on this belief but I think it's more scriptural than the self-righteousness insinuated by "karma-what goes around comes around-saints will find wealth and prosper here on earth") Long answer below: If it sounds like I'm preaching, I'm not. I believe in ? but trust me, there are days I definitely understand a lot why others don't. But, back to the question:

To an extent we have freedom on Earth so good things are not promised no matter what you do. There are things you can do to make life better for yourself or things you can do to increase danger in your life or trouble but you damn sure don't need me to tell you.
    Reason I see Not only allowing believers to receive blessings or at the same time sometimes not even answering the prayers of believers is a good thing is it is a better way a better parameter to gauge the faith of a human and why we believe in ? .
    If people can see robbing someone can get you paid, lying can get you a good job in law or politics, ruthlessness and being unkind can allow you to be a leader then you will have some who see this as an option then engage in doing this.
    It's a filtering process to see who is true in character.

Thus, my point is it's good that what goes around doesn't always come around. Why? Because it shows the integrity and truth behind someone's act.
    ? doesn't want people to believe simply to avoid hell.He doesn't want someone believing in him for just a reward/blessing to go to heaven or because that individual believes "if I don't do this for this person, then ? 's going to punish me." Many believers are simply just brainwashed. No different from any form of secular or non-secular form of brainwashing. They believe they are graded and are trying to get a passing grade. ? doesn't want those who say when they see a person doing something controversial "? 's going to punish that person." or "See that person with that disease or that person who lost that baby...that's because they did something wrong with ? and ? 's paying them back." This is supported in the Job story and the book of Ecclesiastes.
  • luke1733
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man I hate being long winded, but I told you I'm copying and pasting my thoughts on this from a previous conversation so here's part 2:
    ? wants a person who basically just believes in right and good principles and has faith in his son Jesus and himself and acknowledges constantly that no matter the result this person is not concerned about a result influencing her/his act and this person's actions are just a definition of who that person is and believes in. So that individual can receive no reward, no what goes around comes around and still be seen as consistent in their purpose and acts towards doing what they believe by ? to be right. I emphasize by ? , because there some things he's said "such as turn the other cheek" I don't quite believe in but because he said it I'll say its right.

To put it another way, would you want a child who obeys you because he fears the whipping and then as soon as you say I won't whip you then he does the act you told him you just simply didn't want him to do OR do you want the child who hears what you're saying, understands what you're saying and agrees that what you're saying is right and decides on his own that he believes you? That's Christ.
    You can't have this result of truth come through without a filtering process that does not allow for faith to be tested. Therefore we as Christians need to experience almost every single thing with many of the same results as anyone else. We carry the burden as humans and are relieved from none of it here on Earth. Our only hope is in the next life and that ? might have mercy on us here (but many go through the absolute worst of the worse). That's why GRACE should be our focus bc without that christians have no hope. We're not owed any blessings or guaranteed anything on our own merit.

Overall:Many Christians, I'd venture to say most I've run into do not feel the way I do and feel like what you say and I say; which is if you're strong in faith your prayers still might not get answered and you still will suffer many of the same afflictions if not worse than non-believers.
    I don't pretend to know how or why ? does everything. He gives some understanding and sometimes I think my understanding is from him but I don't know. I haven't seen ? . ? has not manifested in a biological form for me to have daily run-ins with. My faith is based on faith and hope. I believe in ? , but I know there are a lot of reasons not to believe in ? . I just basically made a choice (or he chose or maybe I was brainwashed) and I hope it's right. I don't want this to be all there is to life.
    I've even questioned do I believe in the right ? . I guess that's what faith is about. Sometimes I feel strong in it and other times I don't know nothing.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

yes it is draining mentally but I loved the mental aspect of the game ,a ? will always test you when everything is going very well and she thinks you gettin laxed ,she will test you when ? is slow because she feels insecure about her makin less money etc no never put a ? in porn but my last hoe did a couple scenes years before I met her and she was the craziest ? ? I ever met in my life so she got me a little fed up with the game so I took a step back

Damn last time I dealt with a crazy chick who did porn, she threw me into a swimming pool at a stripper party with me wearing jeans smh, I have a feeling the chick you was dealing with did worse.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man I hate being long winded, but I told you I'm copying and pasting my thoughts on this from a previous conversation so here's part 2:
    ? wants a person who basically just believes in right and good principles and has faith in his son Jesus and himself and acknowledges constantly that no matter the result this person is not concerned about a result influencing her/his act and this person's actions are just a definition of who that person is and believes in. So that individual can receive no reward, no what goes around comes around and still be seen as consistent in their purpose and acts towards doing what they believe by ? to be right. I emphasize by ? , because there some things he's said "such as turn the other cheek" I don't quite believe in but because he said it I'll say its right.

To put it another way, would you want a child who obeys you because he fears the whipping and then as soon as you say I won't whip you then he does the act you told him you just simply didn't want him to do OR do you want the child who hears what you're saying, understands what you're saying and agrees that what you're saying is right and decides on his own that he believes you? That's Christ.
    You can't have this result of truth come through without a filtering process that does not allow for faith to be tested. Therefore we as Christians need to experience almost every single thing with many of the same results as anyone else. We carry the burden as humans and are relieved from none of it here on Earth. Our only hope is in the next life and that ? might have mercy on us here (but many go through the absolute worst of the worse). That's why GRACE should be our focus bc without that christians have no hope. We're not owed any blessings or guaranteed anything on our own merit.

Overall:Many Christians, I'd venture to say most I've run into do not feel the way I do and feel like what you say and I say; which is if you're strong in faith your prayers still might not get answered and you still will suffer many of the same afflictions if not worse than non-believers.
    I don't pretend to know how or why ? does everything. He gives some understanding and sometimes I think my understanding is from him but I don't know. I haven't seen ? . ? has not manifested in a biological form for me to have daily run-ins with. My faith is based on faith and hope. I believe in ? , but I know there are a lot of reasons not to believe in ? . I just basically made a choice (or he chose or maybe I was brainwashed) and I hope it's right. I don't want this to be all there is to life.
    I've even questioned do I believe in the right ? . I guess that's what faith is about. Sometimes I feel strong in it and other times I don't know nothing.

I hear where you're coming from, and yeah many Christians would disagree with you on that, many use the Bible to "prove" that ? can answer prayers that ask for things but as you said, the story of Job does insinuate that the Bible ? likes to test the faith of his followers. Considering the harsh conditions many Christians worldwide go through though, the Bible ? has some high ass standards for faith lol, he's testing their faith like a mufucka in some places.

Faith in the end is about belief in the unknown, and considering the world we live in, I fully understand why some would feel the need to believe in something. My standards are very high for a ? , and I suppose the Bible ? hasn't passed my tests so far, but for many, the Bible ? has passed their test of a ? . The fact that you can admit your doubts is pretty cool, I remember having them when I was Christian and I think most if not all Christians have doubts about their own religion at times. But you keep believing because that's what you feel is best for you and that's cool. I hope there is a life after death too, I personally believe life continues in some kind of way after death.

I do think it's interesting that even Christians have disagreements among each other when it comes to the power of prayer, I must have heard about 5-6 different views on prayer from Christians themselves. So I wonder, is the Bible ? giving his followers conflicting thoughts and ideas on purpose? Many believe prayer is for understanding, but yet many Christians don't seem to agree and understand together what ? actually expects from us when it comes to prayer. The Bible says one thing, and yet some Christians seem to have their own individual views on prayer that seem quite different to what Jesus himself said on prayer. Interesting views though.
  • Ether44mag
    Options

Damn last time I dealt with a crazy chick who did porn, she threw me into a swimming pool at a stripper party with me wearing jeans smh, I have a feeling the chick you was dealing with did worse.

she was bipolar ,compulsive liar , drama queen ,obsessed with me like sending me poems all day with a bunch of selfies of herself like 30 times a day ,one day she is upbeat tellin me how she gon make her daddy rich(me) the next day she depressed as hell etc
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

she was bipolar ,compulsive liar , drama queen ,obsessed with me like sending me poems all day with a bunch of selfies of herself like 30 times a day ,one day she is upbeat tellin me how she gon make her daddy rich(me) the next day she depressed as hell etc

and you ? that up!!!! man you guys don't know how to deal with these complex women
  • luke1733
    edited September 2016
    Options

"Many believe prayer is for understanding, but yet many Christians don't seem to agree and understand together what ? actually expects from us when it comes to prayer."
    On that point:
    I'm a try and give a short reply this time. Prayers are to have a relationship with ? in my opinion. I get very irritated with people praying like a wish list to Santa mixed in with an equal amount of apologies. 99%of people pray like this: I'm sorry I did [fill in the blank], Thank you for [fill in the blank], can I have [fill in the blank] or can you help so and so with [fill in the blank]??? Please. That bothers me deeply.
    I basically just talk to ? from everything to "damn that person's crazy do you see that? What do you think about today?," to "Please ? turn your eyes away from me cause I don't want you see what I plan on doing with this chik." I'm still a hypocrite, but an honest hypocrite. I just talk to him and sometimes I do ask for stuff [/quote]

• Ether44mag
    Options

and you ? that up!!!! man you guys don't know how to deal with these complex women

I hope you just bein funny lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options

? she had issues for sure, it's really sad how some people get like that but of course when you deal with chicks like that, you wish they would just disappear or even die lol, but yeah that's the mentally draining thing that I was talking about earlier. I had a stalker who wouldn't leave me alone either but wow that ? was cray, never dealt with nothing that strange.

You left the game in time, she could have pulled a really bad move. I still remember an ex of mine threatening to have me hurt by her family for breaking up with her, and her sister following me down the street one day, throwing a few glass bottles at me lol, some ? out here have totally lost their mind. The ? up thing too is that her family was almost as crazy as she was, so I was a little worried for a month or so.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2016
    Options

"Many believe prayer is for understanding, but yet many Christians don't seem to agree and understand together what ? actually expects from us when it comes to prayer."
    On that point:
    I'm a try and give a short reply this time. Prayers are to have a relationship with ? in my opinion. I get very irritated with people praying like a wish list to Santa mixed in with an equal amount of apologies. 99%of people pray like this: I'm sorry I did [fill in the blank], Thank you for [fill in the blank], can I have [fill in the blank] or can you help so and so with [fill in the blank]??? Please. That bothers me deeply.
    I basically just talk to ? from everything to "damn that person's crazy do you see that? What do you think about today?," to "Please ? turn your eyes away from me cause I don't want you see what I plan on doing with this chik." I'm still a hypocrite, but an honest hypocrite. I just talk to him and sometimes I do ask for stuff

Ha I guess I could understand why you would ask ? to not look at you as you're doing certain things, I remember when I was younger asking ? to forgive me for watching porno or thinking about a married Catholic school teacher I had a crush on. But talking to ? in little ways like that is cool if it works for you, and yeah 99% of people from what I have heard do pray to ask for something. I definitely respect that you admit to being a hypocrite on that subject but it's human nature to ask the supernatural for things regular humans can't provide. The last time I went to church with my fam about two years ago (my mom forced me for Christmas time), I found it amusing how often the priests would ask for things, like world peace and an end to child hunger, things which prayer has failed to create for about as long as I can remember. I guess asking for it anyway doesn't hurt though, desperation has a way of making people ask for things.
  • Ether44mag
    Options

? she had issues for sure, it's really sad how some people get like that but of course when you deal with chicks like that, you wish they would just disappear or even die lol, but yeah that's the mentally draining thing that I was talking about earlier. I had a stalker who wouldn't leave me alone either but wow that ? was cray, never dealt with nothing that strange.

You left the game in time, she could have pulled a really bad move. I still remember an ex of mine threatening to have me hurt by her family for breaking up with her, and her sister following me down the street one day, throwing a few glass bottles at me lol, some ? out here have totally lost their mind. The ? up thing too is that her family was almost as crazy as she was, so I was a little worried for a month or so.

yeah ? can get super crazy with some of them hoes lol