Amy schumer tweets black men more likely to street harass you. !@#$% WHAT!?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    You ? idiots. The world is not how you want it to be. It just is how it is.

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

It's possible; certainly, black and white culture are not the same.

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)

Just had to throw in a "? " in there, didn't you?

yeah ?
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    Options
    snow bunnys are the devil

but hood ? and italians from italy be wildin out here in these streets

these two hoes built like pillow cases stuffed with cottage cheese
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I don't know any black men that like Amy schumer!

I'm sure there are some....just not armies of them like some in this thread seem to suggest.

That's what I'm saying.

Sounds like people are making up ? to get at a different point (i.e., black men and white women interracial relations). No diss, but that's quite a stretch.
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ^^ my ? said Italians from Italy

@Copper
    ? italian americans and ? from italy a different breed
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    these are yall white queens many of yall ? over tho lmao

I was just about say cause I see nobody else was gonna mention it. Black men love the hell out of this gummy bear shaped bitch. Hold that L

Really? Only time I've heard her name mentioned is when people accused her of stealing jokes a couple years back. Never heard anyone say she's attractive
    D0wn wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »

I was just about say cause I see nobody else was gonna mention it. Black men love the hell out of this gummy bear shaped ? . Hold that L

Not one person i know or seen have said anything about this chick ever, i mean i haven't even heard people diss the chick so where ya'll get that from ?? Does she even have an illpix thread ??

I was just about say cause I see nobody else was gonna mention it. Black men love the hell out of this gummy bear shaped ? . Hold that L

We're gonna act as if, blk feminists weren't helping these pasty cac feminists, push the "you okay sis", and "holler back girl" agendas??
    Which infact is the same rhetoric, This fat wht bish is reiterating.

2. Low self esteem Blk women, are the reason these wht ? be thinkin, theyre the ? to blk men.
    Blk women with insecurities, push the "blk men love white women" stereo type.
    Most ? ain't even tripping over wht girls like that.
    Latinas and extoticas now thats another story. ;) ...
    Y'all see a miniscule percentage of brothas trippin over wht girls = all blk men.

3. Aint nobody checking for this ? . Yet according to you, every blk man wants her. Again, u pushing the same agenda yall complain about. It's all in ya heads.

I saw a lot of black rappers and famous men hyping her fat ass like she was this edgy new comic that was doing something different, when all she does is that self deprecating humor about her body shape. I don't even think she's funny.
    Your basing all blk men, on a handful of ? on t.v (red flag) ... blk men who were most likely given perks to endorse said ? .

2nd... name all these famous black men who were hyping her.

Ok maybe it wasn't that many. Still seemed like a lot of them jumped on her bandwagon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no reason why black men might not do this more often than white men. Black men are not the same as white men. Or Asian men.

And I am not even saying that she is definitely right. I am just saying that what she said can't be dismissed as racist right off the bat.

Let me add this to this.

Could it be that black culture is more permissive than white culture with respect to men hollering at women on the street -- is it less an issue in black culture than white culture?

Even if that is true, that doesn't necessarily mean that black men would be more likely to holler at women outside the culture (i.e. non-black women) than other men. They are, after all, not part of the culture.

Then again, it may be that the more permissiveness of the culture sipes out, and black men are more likely to holler at women in general as opposed to just black women.

I am not saying this is necessarily true. I am saying this one reason why it may be true.

To insist, dogmatically, that black men could not possibly do this more than white men is just not defensible.

This ? is correct. In many Afro-diasporic and African cultures, "hollering" is much more accepted

Of course many white women are so racist and self centered that they think any man especially black that as much as looks at her is trying to "sexual harrase" her

However saltines do it too; and Latin men are definitely the worst but the media paints it as only a black thing (see the street harassment video where they edited out the white men)

From the outside looking in...

I wouldn't knowingly twist a j in your vicinity.

You are too white washed.
    Life aint like it is on base bruh.

Fresh eyes and you see the same thing with no ? comment . Me? I get multiple ? lol.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    She should be glad those dudes are interested in her.

Probably just salty because she doesn't get that kind of attention from white men.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

We're gonna act as if, blk feminists weren't helping these pasty cac feminists, push the "you okay sis", and "holler back girl" agendas??
    Which infact is the same rhetoric, This fat wht bish is reiterating.

2. Low self esteem Blk women, are the reason these wht ? be thinkin, theyre the ? to blk men.
    Blk women with insecurities, push the "blk men love white women" stereo type.
    Most ? ain't even tripping over wht girls like that.
    Latinas and extoticas now thats another story. ;) ...
    Y'all see a miniscule percentage of brothas trippin over wht girls = all blk men.

3. Aint nobody checking for this ? . Yet according to you, every blk man wants her. Again, u pushing the same agenda yall complain about. It's all in ya heads.

A lot of blame to go around...And I believe this rift between Blk men and women is largely over exaggerated...

But come on now

So there isn't a loud contingent of Blk men who go around proclaiming white women make better partners than blk women????.... perpetuating racist stereotype that blk women are agrumentative and obnoxious

Its not over exaggerated its real, and is growing. Ive learned its all about age group demographic.
    Blk feminist women aren't bluffing when it comes to their hate for blk men.
    To the point Theyre advocating aborting blk male babies.
    Cosigning the killing off unarmed blk men.
    And are even ? on Malcom X, Medgar Evars , and MLK calling them chauvinist, and misogynoirs....
    Really?

And you are right, average blk women are not argumentative, combative, or obnoxious... they're only that, when it comes to blk men.

Lol

How old are you?

There are some blk feminist who are ignorant and do go overboard in their critique of Blk men and their misogyny

But if you truly believe what you posted and that there is a sizable amount of Blk women or rather Blk feminist who hate Blk men I feel sorry for you

Because you truly have been deluded

Otherwise I have to ask where's the proof? Twitter?

Better yet when an unarmed blk man dies, blk women a lot them feminsts are on the front line protesting along other Blk men

Not to mention some of the most woke and prolific Blk women ever were part of the women's suffrage movement, feminist ...Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Rosa Parks, Florynce Kennedy, Angela Davis and Assata Shakur just to name a few

Before you say they are different, if you bother to read their writing/lectures you see how they have heavily influenced today's generation. They too felt ignored. They too felt marginalized. They too felt the Blk community was mimicking the sexist ideas of the larger society

All this talk of feminism promoting white supremacy only reinforces white supremacy, because it marginalizes their work and contributions to the feminist movement from its inception

• BlevlandBoyBool
    Options
    ^^ my ? said Italians from Italy

@Copper
    ? italian americans and ? from italy a different breed

f73xg5ofggeg.jpg

now i cant call white ? ? okay im sorry bro
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Let me add this to this.

From the outside looking in...

I wouldn't knowingly twist a j in your vicinity.

You are too white washed.
    Life aint like it is on base bruh.

What makes you say I'm too white washed? Can you explain?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is what she said untrue though?

I don't know. I am not a woman. But it's possible that black men are more aggressive. A study could settle the matter.

What we shouldn't do though is condemn her for saying that. It may be her experience, and indeed it may be true more generally speaking. It has not been ordained black men and white men and Hispanic men and Asian men must do everything equally.

@ghostdog56
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still waiting for you ? geniuses to explain how what I said is coonish.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Man, I ? on overweight white women all of the time for this very mindset. They're by far the most delusional hoes of all, because they've been gassed that much for a quick nut by lames that they think every ? is going to go crazy for them.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ And it still seems like there are some women who don't know the difference between "fat" and "thick." I remember that being a particularly difficult problem in my immediate post-90s career. It's all about proportion.