DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited September 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
If you disagree, Eat a ? .

Comments

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats a dream match up of mine

i hate HBK though i aint even gone front but i know that would of been a dope match

• OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man GTFOH with this....

but back to reality, AJ is the man now it's dope to have followed his journey from WCW to TNA to NJPW to what nobody thought would ever happen WWE let alone getting the WWE Title. He def top 15 if not 10.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close this wack ass ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Close this wack ass ?

No
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with this powerful ass thread!!! AJ The future GOAT!!!!
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    I agree with this powerful ass thread!!! AJ The future GOAT!!!!
    Mah brotha
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close this wack ass ?

No

? I ain't asking you
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah this is a Mr. Fantastic level reach bruh.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ridiculous...

Dude is special though, it says a lot that so many different promoters thought he was a top guy and a big enough draw to hold top titles.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah mane

Sure aj has more high spots but come on, it's hbk.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Close this wack ass ?

No

? I ain't asking you

No
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's the man right now but c'mon!
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.

#facts n AJ is a better winner
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

#facts n AJ is a better winner

What does that mean? Being a better winner?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    This reeks of folks saying aj is better cuz he flippity flops more

And i love flips but... mane...

What's next, Kobe >>mj?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    He was incredibly impressive in the fortune faction with Ric Flair. He adapted Ric Flair's style and became a technical wrestler during that time period which was little to no flipping. Him, Kaz, Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal, Bobby Roode and Kurt Angle were what kept TNA afloat. He also put on ? incredible matches against Kurt Angle which ? all over HBK vs Angle's run. When he left to NJPW and even ROH he created his own submission move. The word phenomenal is not a phrase, it's a testimony. His skills writes a story of itself. Great writing is what made HBK great. I'm not knocking Shawn at all but AJ took HBK's spot in my top 5. I may be a bit biased though because I was always more of a Bret Hart fan anyway.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you factor charisma, mic skills, look, impact on the industry, storylines etc AJ is not even top 30 All Time, the only thing he does above average is his in ring work and even that isn't Top 10 All Time great...

I don't even consider AJ better than Punk All Time and Punk wasn't even all that to me..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    What makes aj great in ring is the athleticism (not down playing other factors but that's his best)

What makes hbk great in ring us the storytelling which is what wwe does (again not downplaying other factors but...)

Imo the storytelling of hbk greatest matches give him the edge over aj best matches, now aj may b more technically sound than hbk but imo (n I may b reaching with this comparison but bare with me) Nas is more technically sound than Jay, but what makes Jay better is being slightly better at the overall game, I think that's how I'd put it with this.

And as u see, aj addin in the wwe storytelling and improved mic work n he's having arguably a career year

All said and done aj prolly top 5 but idk if I could unseat hbk from position 1 b just yet personally
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AJ needed this WWE run to show off his personality. His personality has always been hidden by all the flippy ? and the gymnastics.

In WWE hia push has been because he brought it from a character perspective. He's raising the bar.

I'll still take HBK at 39 vs Styles at 39 but Styles is awesome and I think he is climbing up the GOAT ladder. I want him to main event WM and he will be even closer to GOAT levels.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I wana see hbk in wwe ring talkn(interview like he did with seth) n aj come out n stare at each other nh..diss lines

Just for a fan moment
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    This reeks of folks saying aj is better cuz he flippity flops more

And i love flips but... mane...

What's next, Kobe >>mj?

Lol HBK being MJ