KEEP IT 100, WHEN STORES TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE "MARK" TO BUY AND SELL FOOD..

Options
13»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Also like @zzombie said there are parts that are literal and parts that are symbolic and the truth is you will never know because you honestly research. When I say research I don't mean going on Google and looking up information I mean reading the bible and trying to understand it. Problem not that your an unbeliever it's that your completly dismissive of it. I don't have to believe in Greek and Roman mythology to enjoy the stories and see the symbols and culture leak into it. It's not meant to be easy

I enjoy mythology stories too, I've read many of the stories of past gods and find them interesting as well. But in the end, I probably am dismissive of Revelation. I guess I'm dismissive of it because so much of it is written as a giant, incoherent dream, and I always hear different answers from Christians themselves on which parts are literal and which are not. I've asked Christians if Jesus is really going to butcher billions of people worldwide with a sword and plagues for supporting different gods or being non-believers, and I've always gotten different answers.

I just don't think it's well written book for a so called prophecy, but as a story book, some parts are a little interesting.

First bonded I honestly think your lying. Revelation is no different then most end time prophecies if you can comprehend those then you can at least grasp a little knowledge from it.

For the second bolded just keep it 100 your dismissive of it because you dislike/hate christianity and you didlike/hate christian ? . Stop dancing around the topic like you don't when it's clear you do.

Also another error thst you face is by the time Jesus returns there are no different Gods the world wholly worships the beast. As far as the claim of butchering as in killing people with a sword.
    Rev 19.15
    And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations:

Rev 1.16
    And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword

Rev 2.16
    Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Along with a few other verses there is a reason why each time Jesus is mentioned with a sword it comes from his mouth but you rather not understand it and continue to justify your hatred of the religion

I have no reason to lie about enjoying mythology stories, I've mentioned the Hindu, African and Native American gods many times here. I should have admitted to also disliking a bunch of the stories, and I fully admit to disliking the Bible as a whole. The Book of Revelation is a small part of why I dismiss the Bible, but I'll note I disliked the Book of Revelation even in my Christian days.

And I get Jesus's mouth/sword reference is often interpreted to mean he'll preach forcefully again, but what about the comets and plagues that Jesus will send to commit genocide against a huge part of humanity? I've heard priests and pastors interpret the part of Jesus' robe being soaked in blood as Jesus being soaked in the blood of his enemies, the worshippers of the beast. Jesus supposedly will also slaughter all the kings of the Earth and take their crowns, right? You can say one thing but once again, there are so many open ended interpretations of the book that it's hard for me to take it seriously.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    You need a credit/debit card or some type of username/password to buy and sell through most online stores.

SHUT YO ? UP!

..says the grown man who thought DNA determines what language you speak.

What I'm saying is, what makes this mark any different from something like a card that's already required to buy and sell online?
    In order to have these types of things, you need a social security number.
    I guess I should have simplified the argument for you.
    Sorry.

..TRAVEL THE WORLD SOMETIMES.. EVERYONE DOESNT HAVE A SSN
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need a credit/debit card or some type of username/password to buy and sell through most online stores.

SHUT YO ? UP!

..says the grown man who thought DNA determines what language you speak.

What I'm saying is, what makes this mark any different from something like a card that's already required to buy and sell online?
    In order to have these types of things, you need a social security number.
    I guess I should have simplified the argument for you.
    Sorry.

..TRAVEL THE WORLD SOMETIMES.. EVERYONE DOESNT HAVE A SSN

You don't say...?
    That was only an example.
    Get it together.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also like @zzombie said there are parts that are literal and parts that are symbolic and the truth is you will never know because you honestly research. When I say research I don't mean going on Google and looking up information I mean reading the bible and trying to understand it. Problem not that your an unbeliever it's that your completly dismissive of it. I don't have to believe in Greek and Roman mythology to enjoy the stories and see the symbols and culture leak into it. It's not meant to be easy

I enjoy mythology stories too, I've read many of the stories of past gods and find them interesting as well. But in the end, I probably am dismissive of Revelation. I guess I'm dismissive of it because so much of it is written as a giant, incoherent dream, and I always hear different answers from Christians themselves on which parts are literal and which are not. I've asked Christians if Jesus is really going to butcher billions of people worldwide with a sword and plagues for supporting different gods or being non-believers, and I've always gotten different answers.

I just don't think it's well written book for a so called prophecy, but as a story book, some parts are a little interesting.

First bonded I honestly think your lying. Revelation is no different then most end time prophecies if you can comprehend those then you can at least grasp a little knowledge from it.

For the second bolded just keep it 100 your dismissive of it because you dislike/hate christianity and you didlike/hate christian ? . Stop dancing around the topic like you don't when it's clear you do.

Also another error thst you face is by the time Jesus returns there are no different Gods the world wholly worships the beast. As far as the claim of butchering as in killing people with a sword.
    Rev 19.15
    And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations:

Rev 1.16
    And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword

Rev 2.16
    Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Along with a few other verses there is a reason why each time Jesus is mentioned with a sword it comes from his mouth but you rather not understand it and continue to justify your hatred of the religion

I have no reason to lie about enjoying mythology stories, I've mentioned the Hindu, African and Native American gods many times here. I should have admitted to also disliking a bunch of the stories, and I fully admit to disliking the Bible as a whole. The Book of Revelation is a small part of why I dismiss the Bible, but I'll note I disliked the Book of Revelation even in my Christian days.

And I get Jesus's mouth/sword reference is often interpreted to mean he'll preach forcefully again, but what about the comets and plagues that Jesus will send to commit genocide against a huge part of humanity? I've heard priests and pastors interpret the part of Jesus' robe being soaked in blood as Jesus being soaked in the blood of his enemies, the worshippers of the beast. Jesus supposedly will also slaughter all the kings of the Earth and take their crowns, right? You can say one thing but once again, there are so many open ended interpretations of the book that it's hard for me to take it seriously.

You do because you come across as a habitual liar who constantly flip flops on his stance.

By the time plagues even come every righteous man/women is already spirited away the only evil that will be done will be against evil men.

To the second bolded again that's wrong.
    Isaiah 63
    2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them ? in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

7 ¶I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

Its not in slaughter its in defense of the saints who have been slaughtered by the antichrist.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    using number as symbols does not equal numerology. numerology is much more complex than that and a wide variety of cultures have used numbers as symbols including the Israelite one rev 13:18 is not asking you to figure out the future using numbers it's just giving you an identification card for the ultimate anti-Christ

that is all it's not asking you to add up the numbers and figure out the future,

So a prophecy is not telling you the future. Here's the problem. The number 6 in astrology is a man's number. If they just used it to identify a person sort of like a street address 1 thing. They used the context of the word in its astrological meaning. So the number 6 being a man's number got its meaning from Astrology. More importantly it is predicting a future event where you will only be able to trade and is a sign of the time. The bible account would not be translated without the use of astrological sources.

You can only use the bible to understand the symbols in the bible. You are assuming that how people in astrology used 6 is how the bible is using 6. Astrology is also a varied practice not all astrological systems are the same.

Prophecy tells you the future, it's limited information. astrology is an attempt to learn more than what the prophecy provides.

Not when the audience you are preaching know's astrology. It would be like me making a religion where you use the force and fight with light sabers. Now it would be like oh Star Wars. 5K Years from now you'd be like this from the word of ? . You can't take from the other religions around you and act as if you are the creator or innovator.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    using number as symbols does not equal numerology. numerology is much more complex than that and a wide variety of cultures have used numbers as symbols including the Israelite one rev 13:18 is not asking you to figure out the future using numbers it's just giving you an identification card for the ultimate anti-Christ

that is all it's not asking you to add up the numbers and figure out the future,

So a prophecy is not telling you the future. Here's the problem. The number 6 in astrology is a man's number. If they just used it to identify a person sort of like a street address 1 thing. They used the context of the word in its astrological meaning. So the number 6 being a man's number got its meaning from Astrology. More importantly it is predicting a future event where you will only be able to trade and is a sign of the time. The bible account would not be translated without the use of astrological sources.

You can only use the bible to understand the symbols in the bible. You are assuming that how people in astrology used 6 is how the bible is using 6. Astrology is also a varied practice not all astrological systems are the same.

Prophecy tells you the future, it's limited information. astrology is an attempt to learn more than what the prophecy provides.

Not when the audience you are preaching know's astrology. It would be like me making a religion where you use the force and fight with light sabers. Now it would be like oh Star Wars. 5K Years from now you'd be like this from the word of ? . You can't take from the other religions around you and act as if you are the creator or innovator.

Most Christians at the time that revelations would have been prophesied would have been poor people,uneducated people, lower class people,slaves so i doubt many of them knew anything about astrology also The problems is who is the audience for a prophecy??? is it for the people living now or 10 years from now ???how about 1000 years from now??? Christianity is an evolution of Judaism to understand Christianity on a deeper level it is necessary to understand Judaism and i don't mean modern Judaism. The question is what was early Judaism and where and how did it originate. How you define what this Judaism was will give you your answer to how you look at christian prophecy.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

ACCEPT THE SIGN AND TRY TO SAVE THE LIFE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

OR

WILL YOU SIT BACK AND THINK, " THAT DAM BIBLE DOES SPEAK ABOUT THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT IT. MAYBE I SHOULD FOLLOW CHRIST BECAUSE IT'S GETTING REAL OUT HERE..

ALL B.S. ASIDE.. YOU CAN BELIEVE IN WHO AND WHAT YOU WANT.. BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES, WILL YOU LEAN UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING OR WILL YOU TAKE HEED TO THE WARNINGS THAT THE BIBLE PUT OUT ABOUT THIS THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS?

Revelation 13:17 And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

I think it's going to be something like you can live to be 150 years old and be healthy, but this microchip is going to be able to fix and regulate your body by being able to receive medicines and distribute them in the blood stream to ? cancers and other diseases while also giving you nutritional value stuff.
    This will be the real sales point. Do you want to be alive and healthy at 150 years old and functional in society or dead at 78 and broke and seen as a recluse?
    Also identity theft is also leading the way to making this a way to prevent identity theft in the future.

Big decision, especially when people see it.
    However, that chip was never stated in the bible. This is the quote: Revelations 13:16It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

However, aside from all that the previous verse 15 states basically everyone who doesn't worship the beast will be killed so............many won't ever have anything to worry about on that number/chip/beast
    "The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed."
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come we can all agree to be dismissive of other ancient religions/pantheons as myth but when it comes to the Abrahamic religions it's "hate"?

And why is atheism considered by most here to be anti-Christian?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come we can all agree to be dismissive of other ancient religions/pantheons as myth but when it comes to the Abrahamic religions it's "hate"?

Because Christianity is seen as the correct position on life and atheism is the most anti version of it. So when people think of these myths they don't even entertain it in the idea that their belief system is on the same level. They see the scriptures as evidence as truth even when you pit it against archealogical sites and new finds they have cognitive dissonance.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im taking the mark b i need froot loops and fresh sneakers
  • zzombie
    Options

Because soo many atheists in western nations are out right hostile towards Christianity. Basically atheists are attempting to change the culture so automatically an us vs them situation comes into play.

Christianity and the other abrahamic religions aren't dismissed because they have a strong cultural,economic,political and social influence. Meanwhile the dead gods of ancient religions lack any real influence.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Because Christianity is seen as the correct position on life and atheism is the most anti version of it. So when people think of these myths they don't even entertain it in the idea that their belief system is on the same level. They see the scriptures as evidence as truth even when you pit it against archealogical sites and new finds they have cognitive dissonance.

For the most part archaeology cannot really answer most questions conclusively because there are too many holes in the archeological record . Analysis of archaelogical findings depend on too much inference and estimation.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

For the most part archaeology cannot really answer most questions conclusively because there are too many holes in the archeological record . Analysis of archaelogical findings depend on too much inference and estimation.

The archaeological records do show signs of contradictions and just goes to show that Paul was right when he said all these things are allegory. There is hints of truth in allegory to teach you something. It's a teaching mechanism how to behave properly and think correctly and respond accordingly. That's all. David and his adventures is mythos based on some correct information.

Here they found the jewish writings in Babylon and gives us a picture that isn't in the bible.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2015/02/writings-of-jews-in-the-babylonian-exile/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2937909/Ancient-tablets-reveal-life-Jews-Nebuchadnezzars-Babylon.html
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options

The archaeological records do show signs of contradictions and just goes to show that Paul was right when he said all these things are allegory. There is hints of truth in allegory to teach you something. It's a teaching mechanism how to behave properly and think correctly and respond accordingly. That's all. David and his adventures is mythos based on some correct information.

Here they found the jewish writings in Babylon and gives us a picture that isn't in the bible.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2015/02/writings-of-jews-in-the-babylonian-exile/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2937909/Ancient-tablets-reveal-life-Jews-Nebuchadnezzars-Babylon.html

Paul never said ALL things were allegory. If i write something about NYC today that's not true and 500 years from now somebody finds it and declares it truth does that make it true???? No especially if their are contradictory accounts. I can however choose to take it as truth but that would be faith

Which is why we cannot totally depend on the archeological record to prove or disprove anything.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Paul never said ALL things were allegory. If i write something about NYC today that's not true and 500 years from now somebody finds it and declares it truth does that make it true???? No especially if their are contradictory accounts. I can however choose to take it as truth but that would be faith

Which is why we cannot totally depend on the archeological record to prove or disprove anything.

I disagree with that. Archaeology can tells us so much and written contemporary records can let us know so much. The methodology is stronger and more precise now and gives us a very insightful key ingredients on how we can see the past and how it reflects us. People embellish just look how the old people do and the cats in the 90s. We was in the 90s and they make it seem like paradise, no the ? it wasn't ? everywhere, ? dying at higher rates then today, high drug abuse in the black community. The music was better cause the pain was very high. There are things that are just simply embellished.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

Most Christians at the time that revelations would have been prophesied would have been poor people,uneducated people, lower class people,slaves so i doubt many of them knew anything about astrology also The problems is who is the audience for a prophecy??? is it for the people living now or 10 years from now ???how about 1000 years from now??? Christianity is an evolution of Judaism to understand Christianity on a deeper level it is necessary to understand Judaism and i don't mean modern Judaism. The question is .
    what was early Judaism and where and how did it originate. How you define what this Judaism was will give you your answer to how you look at christian prophecy.

Not exactly the bible the Christian Bible was not written in the language of the common man. It was written in Greek. A language only philosophers and rich at the time well versed in the gnostic and occultic teachings would have quickly identified. It was written in neither Hebrew or Aramaic or even Germanic. The book of Revelation is apocryphal because it seeks to sew in the occult into the themes of the bible. There is no denying that

Worrmwood, the morning start, Absynthe, 4 winds, 144k, Apployon, the great dragon, the woman clothed with sun moon at her feet. Even the the Circle of living animals the 4 living creatures they translate it to mean. Really are the cardinal axis points of the zodiac or the circle of living animals as zodion is translated in english. These are undeniable facts and to place those teachings into first century knowledge you will quickly see that the Revelation that is being used to prophesy the end time is heresy.
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Most Christians at the time that revelations would have been prophesied would have been poor people,uneducated people, lower class people,slaves so i doubt many of them knew anything about astrology also The problems is who is the audience for a prophecy??? is it for the people living now or 10 years from now ???how about 1000 years from now??? Christianity is an evolution of Judaism to understand Christianity on a deeper level it is necessary to understand Judaism and i don't mean modern Judaism. The question is .
    what was early Judaism and where and how did it originate. How you define what this Judaism was will give you your answer to how you look at christian prophecy.

Not exactly the bible the Christian Bible was not written in the language of the common man. It was written in Greek. A language only philosophers at the time well versed in the gnostic and occultic teachings would have quickly identified. The book of Revelation is apocryphal because it seeks to sew in the occult into the themes of the bible. There is no denying that

Worrmwood, the morning start, Absynthe, 4 winds, 144k, Apployon, the great dragon, the woman clothed with sun moon at her feet. Even the the Circle of living animals the 4 living creatures they translate it to mean. Really are the cardinal axis points of the zodiac or the circle of living animals as zodion is translated in english. These are undeniable facts and to place those teachings into first century knowledge you will quickly see that the Revelation that is being used to prophesy the end time is heresy.

YES THERE IS denying that. first of all a lot of the so called "occult" actually came after revelations was written books like the the keys Solomon and some of the other less well know grimoires are dated to the renaissance.

what you are doing is presupposing things to make your argument, you presuppose that the how the symbols are used in revelations is the same way that they are used in the occult . but most of that occult ? came about after revelations and the symbology in revelations itself builds on earlier Jewish text and history. FOR EXAMPLE The beasts talked about in revelations have a direct correlation to the beats of the book of Daniel that was written centuries earlier.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody gonna fall in line and if not it's gonna be like the movie: Demolition Man. Go underground. Be hungry for 3 days! Be unable to get ya medication for a day! Mugs will be LINING UP 2 get chipped! Dignitaries abroad are already chipped. It's all the rage overseas now. No lines if you chipped, go right through VIP, NO ? either! It's gonna a sintch to pull off. Offer discounts on seniors meds, free year of college education, little incentives here and there and it's a wrap. Sheep syndrome and the feeling of a discount or getting over is intoxicating to some whatever the cost.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I dont believe in everything in the bible but I aint getting no ? chip in my body because i'm a criminal and dont trust the government ,already our cellphones are like tracking devices but in no way in hell i'm getting that chip ,if ? happens i'll link up with other people who are against it and wild the ? out lol