What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Sony To 'Aggressively' Make Mobile Games After Pokemon Go

1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sony chief executive Kaz Hirai has said that Sony will be "aggressively" entering the mobile gaming market, following the success of Pokemon Go.

“[Mobile gaming] is something we are aggressively getting into", Hirai told the Financial Times. "It’s quite a shift from being just a console-based business to being on mobile phones as well."

Hirai makes pretty clear why that's the case: “Pokémon Go is a real game-changer,” he explained. “I’m very interested in the fact that it has the potential to really change the way people move, literally."

"[It is an] innovative idea that’s going to lift all boats for the video game industry.”

We had already heard about ForwardWorks, Sony's new dedicated smartphone game developer, but the Financial Times reports that Hirai would now like AR functionality added to Sony's mobile games.

ForwardWorks will apparently "leverage the intellectual property of the numerous PlayStation dedicated software titles" - I'll leave it to you to speculate which classic PlayStation mascots you're about to start chasing around in the real world.

So far, ForwardWorks - which will initially target mobile-focused Asian markets - has not released, or even announced a game. However, with Sony's Tokyo Game Show conference coming on September 13, we may see the first fruits of the new developer's labor quite soon.
I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
The RecipePILL_COSBY

Replies

• BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    gns wrote: »
    Sony forever chasing Nintendos innovation

...and never really succeeds at it.

I don't get how Sony is so oblivious to the fact that they historically do much better when they generally do their own thing.

At the same time imitation is always inevitable.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    The RecipeSion
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Sony as a client at work and Nintendo stays on their mind
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sony and every other gaming enitity and anybody with the resources or know how are going to try and recreate that lightning in a bottle. What they have to consider is the following and love millennials have for Pokemon, the only characters millennials have that kind of connection to is dragonball z. So Im guessing we will see something like that soon.
  • PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING! ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this and fanboys lost their minds(especially sony fanboys). They were reaching hella hard and trying their best to act like it wasn't what it was lol.

zx8wa8.jpg
    Who said I'm a snitch? You just heard a lie from him/
    Better check the black and white, that paperwork will vouch for him/
    Zero toleration for that nigga, take his life from him/
    He don't want that pistol play? Okay I'll Mike Tyson him

gns
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want to 'aggressively' enter the mobile gaming market yet they've abandoned the Vita... Yeah Sony, that makes sense.
    ethosSion
  • MelqartMelqart Epistemophilic Pronounced Malk-artPosts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Nintendo was constantly chastised for being stagnant during the n64/ps1 days, and Sony was considered the front runner? The shoe is clearly now on the other foot.

Look at God.
    244eij6.jpg
    In silence there must be movement, and in motion, there must be silence.
    Small movement is better than big,
    No movement is better than small.
    Silence is the Mother of all movement.
    In Movement you should be like a Dragon or a Tiger.
    In Non-Movement you should be like a Buddha.
    --Wang Xiangzhai
     i ro nyethosSion
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,628 Regulator

Cosign, they're always the follower and never the leader
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall