Fkin' Dominicans, Have They No Fkin' Shame?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
Dominican Beauty Queen Dons Blackface and Butt Pads to Imitate Darker-Skinned Dominican Singer

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2016/09/dominican-beauty-queen-dons-blackface-and-butt-pads-to-imitate-darker-skinned-dominican-singer/

by Elle – September 21, 2016

Recently, a popular Latino variety show featured actress, TV host and 2014 Miss World Dominican Republic Geisha Montes de Oca, imitating Amara “La Negra” — which would have been nothing new except she was wearing blackface.

show1.jpg?w=599

comments1.jpg?resize=538%2C795

Amara also reposted the blackface photo to her Instagram, but it’s unclear whether she supports or is offended by the costume, because she did not leave a caption on it.

Being that I don't know how to copy and paste IG, I just copy and pasted this racist white Latina's post. By the way, how do you post Instrgams to the IC?

This is the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Here we celebrate our diversity, we celebrate the folklore, the music, the joy of being Dominican. Our culture is picturesque! In this island there is NO "black face" because we are, in most part, descendants of Africans. We paint our faces in all colors. Many people came to my page to demand respect when they do not understand our culture... they used so many offenses that I was forced to block and delete them... All this hate just because I was imitating an artist that WE love listening to. This is the Dominican Republic, one of the happiest countries in the world. DON'T judge what you don't know. Stop the hate, there's no racism here and I'm talking for myself. I'M NOT RACIST #forgodsake #STOPTHEHATE #dontjudge #stopit #morelove #donthate #DR #dominicanlove

Of course, we all know that blackface is a major offense in the United States, and to many of us, it’s even more surprising that a Dominican woman (who doesn’t seem to identify as black) would paint her face in such a manner to imitate another Dominican, then respond seeing nothing wrong with it. But is it more complicated than that? Is it truly part of Dominican culture to do something like this for the sake of good fun or to pay homage to another person? Given the tension in the country among light and dark skinned Dominicans and an ongoing idealism of anti-blackness, we aren’t so sure. Skin bleaching is prominent in the Dominican Republic, and there have been historical efforts to lighten the Dominican race (even one of the commenters cited Rafael Trujillo, a former Dominican President responsible for the Parsley Massacre that annihilated thousands of Haitians). So even as a Black American, I’m skeptical regarding Montes de Oca’s view of a lack of racism in the country and the rest of us not understanding her culture.

But we're suppose to welcome these muthafuckas to the United States with open arms. ? outta here.

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    ? Dominicans.

That is all.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Dominicans.

That is all.

? u
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    ? ! Dominicans and I have so much in common. Kinda crazy when you think about it

That is all.

Uh huh. you would be the one to fix your mouth to utter some ? like this
  • Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gonna mess with my baby like that? Btw she probably one of the finest and most beautiful women in the world.
  • Enriquillo
    Enriquillo Members Posts: 9
    What's with all the fake outrage? You shouldn't watch Latin-American TV if you're easily offended. This is nothing compared to some stuff shown in other Latin-American countries. In Mexico for example, they literally depict blacks as being monkeys in comedy shows. We don't have political correctness in Latin-America, so we make fun of all people and nobody gets to ? and complain about it.
  • Enriquillo
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    If Haiti's 19th century attempts to conquer the Dominicans had gone better............. oh well.

It couldn't have gone worse for the Haitians. They could barely win one battle against a bunch of Dominican cattleranchers. We had no real army, and they outnumbered us like 10 to 1, yet we still kicked their ? and sent them back to their (smaller, drier) side of the island. They even tried to sneak in with ships, and we sunk all their vessels. Now if things would have turned out differently, DR would look just like Haiti, and that would suck.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxieK9KF0j8

Port Au Prince, Haiti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKURIuaixvE
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    somebody ban this ? .

It was the Dominicans that basically begged the Haitians to take over the other side of the island
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    If you're not born and grown in DR, don't talk about ? you don't know about, so please shut up. You would not understand our culture. However, knowing my culture, she doesn't get a pass for that ? , it is very wrong imo. Don't put every Dominican under the same damn umbrella.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about them ? . Remember this: People HATE what they ain't. She wanna have all that in reality lol. Would you wear a homeless outfit, ? outfit? You only don what u desire. Like the old saying: Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. Our women are top notch world wide and every ethnicity of women desire some aspect if what black women natural possess. Sad when you examine it. Ain't even mad.
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Enriquillo wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    If Haiti's 19th century attempts to conquer the Dominicans had gone better............. oh well.

It couldn't have gone worse for the Haitians. They could barely win one battle against a bunch of Dominican cattleranchers. We had no real army, and they outnumbered us like 10 to 1, yet we still kicked their ? and sent them back to their (smaller, drier) side of the island. They even tried to sneak in with ships, and we sunk all their vessels. Now if things would have turned out differently, DR would look just like Haiti, and that would suck.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxieK9KF0j8

Port Au Prince, Haiti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKURIuaixvE

wow amazing
    dr is beautiful
  • Enriquillo
    edited September 2016
    I know that out all the Afro Latinos y'all loathe and despise your African heritage the most and y'all ? and Tom the hardest.

We don't have to "? and tom" to no one, we have our own country which we fought for, something which can't be said of your folks. It's funny how in DR the people who go around kissing white people's ? the most are Haitians working in the resorts serving Pina Colatas and cleaning toilets in ? Cana. When the white tourists decide to venture out into the real cities where actual Dominicans live, they are usually get picked on. In many areas they are often the victims of crime if they are seen as soft and naive targets. That's why most of our tourism is concentrated in all-inclusive resort areas. DR actually has a higher crime rate than Haiti, yet we still get like 10 times more tourists.lol
    Adding insult to injury, y'all are incredible hyprocites. Imagine the ? that would said if the U.S. did to the Dominicoons what the Dominicoons are doing to my Haitian brothers and sisters.

Are you not aware that the US is actually deporting massive amounts of Haitians right now? Nobody wants Haitian migrants in their shores; the US has allowed thousands of white Cubans to come in with their dry-foot/we-foot policy, but if any Haitian lands in So. Florida they are sent back immediately. It's the same everywhere, Haitians are at the very bottom of the socio-economic totem-pole in the Caribbean and Latin America. Even in the Afro-Caribbean countries the Haitians are unwanted and are discriminated. You should know that Haitians are the only members of Caricom that are denied visa-free entry into other Caribbean countries. In the Bahamas they lock up illegal Haitians in animal cages before deporting them.
    Though they're po' broke, and hella strugglin' Haitian embrace their African heritage, while the Dominicoons run from it like the plague.

lol What else can they embrace? Their African heritage is all they have, Haitians are about 99.9 percent black African. Haiti is not multi-ethnic nation like DR. Haitians are easily the blackest people in the Western Hemisphere. I think Haiti is even blacker than most countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. It is impossible to find a group of Haitians that look like this group of Dominican students in Santiago for example.

602038_489951834401443_2120797504_n.jpg
    Dominicans are a loathsome people and are an complete and total embarrassment to the African Diaspora. Besides rum, cigars, tight ass baseball players and incredibly bad ? , what does the Dominicoons have to offer the world?

That would be Haitians. Haiti and Haitians make blacks in general look very bad, due to their failures. They're such an embarrassment to the diaspora that they were REJECTED entry into the African union after the Haitian PM basically begged to join in this organization. Look it up. What does Haiti have to offer to the world besides being a place where NGOS and charity groups can easily make some money from their poverty and misery. That's all this country contributes to world. Literally half of Haiti's GDP is based on foreign charity, and their biggest exports are poor, uneducated, disease-ridden people which flood into neighboring countries.
  • Enriquillo
    Copper wrote: »
    Leaving for DR this weekend....

I'll take care of it

Be sure to visit Santiago and the Cibao region in general. You'll get a very warm welcome, specially if you look like a Haitian.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Leaving for DR this weekend....

I'll take care of it

be careful and don't drink the water
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hati been a total mess since independence. History hasn't been kind to it.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016