Univ. of Nebraska Board Member Calls For Anthem Protestors to be Kicked Off Football Team...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/univ-of-nebraska-board-member-calls-for-anthem-protestors-to-be-kicked-off-football-team/

Following Saturday’s Nebraska-Northwestern game — in which three Cornhuskers knelt for the National Anthem — a member of the University of Nebraska’s Board of Regents called for the players to be dismissed from the team.

In an interview with the Lincoln Journal-Star, Hal Daub — one of eight members of the Nebraska’s Board of Regents, which oversees the general operations of the university — said that the players “are not supposed to do things that create disparagement or negative implications.”

“They know better, and they had better be kicked off the team,” said Daub, the former mayor of Omaha.

In a follow-up chat with the Journal-Star Daub denied that he was calling for the players to be cut from the Corner. But he doubled-down on his overall take:

“They won’t take the risk to exhibit their free speech in a way that places their circumstance in jeopardy, so let them get out of uniform and do their protesting on somebody else’s nickel,” he said.

One of the players, Michael Rose-Ivey said at a press conference Monday that he’s been called racial slurs and received death threats on social media since his protest.

Some believe DaiShon, Mohamed, and myself should be kicked off the team or suspended, while some say we should be lynched or shot just like the other black people that have died recently. Another believed that since we didn’t want to stand for anthem, that we should be hung before the anthem before the next game. These are actual statements we received from fans.

daub_hal.jpg?h=345&mw=276&w=276

Comments

• optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“They won’t take the risk to exhibit their free speech in a way that places their circumstance in jeopardy, so let them get out of uniform and do their protesting on somebody else’s nickel,” he said.

The nerves of that ? . These schools make millions of dollars off the backs of those athletes and he has the gall to say something like that. Somebody needs to remind that fool that those players aren't being paid to be out there.

You beat me to it. Every person of color on that team should refuse to play until he's removed ala that cac in Missouri
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He better be careful being driven by emotion. He should know better. Those Edomites will have his ass ousted muy rapido if he ? up the paper. Only gonna take a collegiate star play to step up. Slighting our struggles again they are.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey man ? Hal Daub that guy is racist as ?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »

The nerves of that ? . These schools make millions of dollars off the backs of those athletes and he has the gall to say something like that. Somebody needs to remind that fool that those players aren't being paid to be out there.

You beat me to it. Every person of color on that team should refuse to play until he's removed ala that cac in Missouri

Now wouldn't that be some ? .
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol. These are the same type of folks that complain America is becoming too sensitive and they are the same type of folks that complain about silencing, censorship, shaming, & guilting.

'Political correctness' isn't only when minority groups are offended.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Can't even peacefully protest by kneeling w/o some racist wanting us not to....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSP2Nn7yvs8
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm always amazed at what people so called stands for....

middle school
    high school
    college
    fan
    family man.
    if you black you will be wrong.

you don't even have to hurt someone to get suspended now.

it could back fire an hurt the program if they all stuck together.
  • illestni99ainne
    Options
    I'm ashamed of my state.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to voltron up and apply pressure to the university..
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed of my state.

? it's Nebraska

They take their Huskers something serious down there. They literally don't have anything else.

I was in NE when Danny Woodhead (he's from North Platte, NE) DIDN'T get drafted, and it was a huge deal that he MIGHT get drafted. Dude ended up signing as undrafted free agent and it was still news. ? was all over the local news TV channels
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed of my state.

? it's Nebraska

They take their Huskers something serious down there. They literally don't have anything else.

I was in NE when Danny Woodhead (he's from North Platte, NE) DIDN'T get drafted, and it was a huge deal that he MIGHT get drafted. Dude ended up signing as undrafted free agent and it was still news. ? was all over the local news TV channels

Yeah my brothers play college ball they I know all about it
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I went to Lincoln after the huskers won on a ? blocked extra point, little 18 year old Will Munny had never seen anything party ? like that before. And then I went back to my small private college and never had another experience like that again in Nebraska.

The McDonalds drive through was a ? damn party and everyone was ? driving and nobody gave ? .
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayisha Diaz illest dominicana in the damn state.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These racist CACs need to start paying a penalty for their fuckery. Cats need to take their talents to an HBCU where they would be appreciated and welcomed. Division I football, (especially basketball,) wouldn't be ? if it wasn't for us.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These racist CACs need to start paying a penalty for their fuckery. Cats need to take their talents to an HBCU where they would be appreciated and welcomed. Division I football, (especially basketball,) wouldn't be ? if it wasn't for us.

but do blacks OWN hbcu's though? thats the real question
  • illestni99ainne
    Options
    Be cracking me up bout cats from Omaha still riding the coattails off Nas saying Omaha's a goldmine in Belly. Like its so gangsta and violent here. Nah son ? is nowhere near LA New York or Chicago
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be cracking me up bout cats from Omaha still riding the coattails off Nas saying Omaha's a goldmine in Belly. Like its so gangsta and violent here. Nah son ? is nowhere near LA New York or Chicago

Been out there. The Sistas only like white boys, Latinas Love Black men, White Women ? with whoever giving them pipe. Chill city though. Had some good.times.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the problem.

White people used slaves to make money.

Now we're slaves TO money.

Not one black player should play another snap if this board member thinks kneeling is more offensive than black men getting murdered in the streets by cops.

If it weren't for these football & basketball ? , their wouldn't be any scholarship money left for sports nobody cares about like LaCrosse, volleyball, swimming, etc.