SZA Calls Out TDE For Not Releasing Her Album: "I Actually Quit"

Comments

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That moment when you realize you got "signed" to ? the producers and your album doesn't mean ? . Womp womp womp
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moral of the story is they don't know how to market her. Or the others. Kendrick & Q basically sell themselves. So the work is done for management already. They coulda been done a Black Hippy album or a TDE album. Kendricks success has these ? feelin themselves. I remember Top saying they wasn't gonna flood the market cause he felt like they didn't need to. It's bad management idk why y'all forcing this "where is her buzz" issue cause It's not like Isiah Rashad had the streets begging for that Sun Tirade.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are so dumb lol

Nah, TDE is smart and not dropping another album that has no buzz and is going to flop.

If they were smart they would have done a Black hippy release by now. So ab and Jay rock could get on properly and have sza all over that ? . They're loafting.

Y'all act like AB, Jay Rock and SZA haven't done songs w/ Q and Kendrick, they just ain't clicking wit the mass.

Again I ask. How is that TDE fault? Are they stopping them from putting out mixtapes,touring, jumping on other peoples records outside of TDE.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Y'all are so dumb lol

Nah, TDE is smart and not dropping another album that has no buzz and is going to flop.

Flop according to whose standards? If that's the case you're never gonna see another album from anyone not named Kendrick or Q.

Looking at the numbers that's probably smart. They ain't a ? charity, it's a ? business. And if she was buzzing like y'all claim, they would put out an album.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Lol this ? making hella excuses for TDE. I forgot that Kendrick & the idea of TDE are like gods who can do no wrong to yall.

I remember when Jay was talkin about the arrival of 50. He was tryin to tell Beans, Bleek and them to flood the market cause 50 was coming and if they missed their chance nobody was gonna eat.

You think Jay cared whether or not they had the right "buzz"? Them ? wasn't gonna sell big. Success for them probably woulda been selling 50k-80k max. Y'all just undermining these artists the same way this label is doing.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even follow music like I used to and I know who that broad is.

Also if they not even willing to release a single from her kind of hard for her to get a buzz.

Since she has sang on songs with Kendrick and Schoolboy Q have any of those songs been released as singles?

If they have and the song blew up and people weren't asking about "who is that singing?" then I can kind of understand where the label is coming from.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are so dumb lol

If they were smart they would have done a Black hippy release by now. So ab and Jay rock could get on properly and have sza all over that ? . They're loafting.

Y'all act like AB, Jay Rock and SZA haven't done songs w/ Q and Kendrick, they just ain't clicking wit the mass.

Again I ask. How is that TDE fault? Are they stopping them from putting out mixtapes,touring, jumping on other peoples records outside of TDE.

Only difference between ab, Jay rock and kendrick, Q is interscope.
    Kendrick is on a new level thanks to some cosigns but that's it. Tde thanks to kendrick and Q have the clout to push their artists further than they could in the past. Seems like they sitting on hands. Ab the 2nd best rapper on that label. Arguably their most lyrical. They don't push him like that tho.
    Sza has her own lane so I don't understand why they letting her waste away on hooks and background vocals either.
  • IceBergTaylor
    You wacking my post but please prove me wrong.

Jay was ready to put out albums from his foot soldier ass ? like anybody woulda copped a ? Memphis Bleek struggle album. But SZA can't get a release date??
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Lol this ? making hella excuses for TDE. I forgot that Kendrick & the idea of TDE are like gods who can do no wrong to yall.

Making excuses for what?

Y'all the delusional ones acting like this broad is popping when she ain't.

I remember when Jay was talkin about the arrival of 50. He was tryin to tell Beans, Bleek and them to flood the market cause 50 was coming and if they missed their chance nobody was gonna eat.

You think Jay cared whether or not they had the right "buzz"? Them ? wasn't gonna sell big. Success for them probably woulda been selling 50k-80k max. Y'all just undermining these artists the same way this label is doing.

You really think Jay and Dame was gonna put out Bleek and Beans if they wasn't buzzing. lol

Bleek and Beans buzz then>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SZA will ever have.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are so dumb lol

Only difference between ab, Jay rock and kendrick, Q is interscope.
    Kendrick is on a new level thanks to some cosigns but that's it. Tde thanks to kendrick and Q have the clout to push their artists further than they could in the past. Seems like they sitting on hands. Ab the 2nd best rapper on that label. Arguably their most lyrical. They don't push him like that tho.
    Sza has her own lane so I don't understand why they letting her waste away on hooks and background vocals either.

Difference between Soul & K Dot is that K Dot has shown Vision and Direction.
    Soul is just kinda lost out there...I don't even think he knows how to market himself or what kinda music he wants to make.

When you get a Soul Album, you know you gon get some bars, you know you gon get some substance and some dope songs.
    But he Lacks Direction.......Cohesiveness......Structure
    Kendrick did that w/ his projects EARLY...which helped made them more Critically acclaimed and lets face it, he will always be compared to Kendrick too...
    Long Term 2 = COLD
    Control System = COLD
    But 2/5 aint gon Cut it...
    But I think if we can get that out of them as well as a STRONG SINGLE...(The ? that TDE doesn't really focus on) He will be fine
  • Revolver Ocelot
    You wacking my post but please prove me wrong.

Memphis Bleek

Coming of Age - Platinum
    The Understanding - Gold
    M.A.D.E. - Gold

Jay was ready to put out albums from his foot soldier ass ? like anybody woulda copped a ? Memphis Bleek struggle album. But SZA can't get a release date??

You Were Saying..............

• Revolver Ocelot
    Memphis Bleek sold more record than the entire TDE roster combined minus Kendrick.

But TDE is suppose to throw money away putting out an album that's not going to do well, to make you internet ? feel good.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    mike06 wrote: »
    If she was popular..... wouldn't she have been able to put the album out instead of quitting?

Obviously not ? . What kinda logic is this? You seen Tha Carter V anywhere b? If the label don't want to put it out for whatever reason it ain't coming out.

Hasn't been a year since ab's "the bench getting warm as fucc tho." tweet. It's not that many artist on the label. Tde stable too good for this ? .

lmao...hold up so your comparing a new artist like SZA to a POPULAR ARTIST like Wayne that's been out and POPULAR for years?....cuz "that's logical"....lets continue

i never said it was my logic anyway cuz i dont run the damn label.....buuuuuuuuut either she aint hot/popular/buzzing/ in this current climate or the music isn't up to TDE's standards and she has to sit on the bench a little longer....is that not logical from an EXECUTIVE standpoint?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She might as well drop a super black lives matter ass album. That might be her best chance. But if she drops an album and it don't do ? , don't get mad. I'm laughing at these people talking about how great Solange's album is like she ain't been dropping good music... same people had their heads so far up Beyonce's ass they didn't care about Solange's music. More established artists have dropped great albums that have been overlooked, I don't see how SZA is going to do anything right now. I guess she's banking on streams or something.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moral of the story is they don't know how to market her. Or the others. Kendrick & Q basically sell themselves. So the work is done for management already. They coulda been done a Black Hippy album or a TDE album. Kendricks success has these ? feelin themselves. I remember Top saying they wasn't gonna flood the market cause he felt like they didn't need to. It's bad management idk why y'all forcing this "where is her buzz" issue cause It's not like Isiah Rashad had the streets begging for that Sun Tirade.

that could be true but how hard is it to market a female singer?....especially if she's poppin?....lol

like seriously.....im pretty sure nobody knew how to market Designer or Bobby Shmurda but both of them had a buzz and a HIT record behind them to just let them go.....same with that 50 cent reference dude had a huge buzz and that was before Wanksta even dropped which again....was a HIT

August came outta nowhere with a HIT

Jidenna came outta nowhere with a HIT

Adele of all people came outta nowhere with a HIT...and a bangin ass album to followup

where is SZA's?.....what song do i need to listen to so i can drink the same kool-aid ya'll drinking on her?
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of TDE but Top Dawg been on that ?

And TDE does not do mixtapes.. so SZA can't just drop a mixtape
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Babaaa wrote: »

What?

They all have released an Mixtape or EP

• Revolver Ocelot
    mike06 wrote: »

that could be true but how hard is it to market a female singer?....especially if she's poppin?....lol

like seriously.....im pretty sure nobody knew how to market Designer or Bobby Shmurda but both of them had a buzz and a HIT record behind them to just let them go.....same with that 50 cent reference dude had a huge buzz and that was before Wanksta even dropped which again....was a HIT

August came outta nowhere with a HIT

Jidenna came outta nowhere with a HIT

Adele of all people came outta nowhere with a HIT...and a bangin ass album to followup

where is SZA's?.....what song do i need to listen to so i can drink the same kool-aid ya'll drinking on her?

The "they don't know how to market her" is the lazy fan excuse for why the market ain't feeling her.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Said this a million times before but it's a ? crime that tde didn't capitalize on kendricks buzz on both albums to release a black hippy production. THEN focus on their individual products once they all got a bit of shine off kendricks star power.

It easily would've elevated everyone on the label. Ain't no doubt about that
  • Babaaa

What?

None of them have released a mixtape since 2010, they changed their strategy.. they're not giving away free music

When was the last time a TDE artist put out a free project? and theres a huge difference between a EP and a Mixtape
  • Revolver Ocelot

What?

None of them have released a mixtape since 2010, they changed their strategy.. they're not giving away free music

When was the last time a TDE artist put out a free project? and theres a huge difference between a EP and a Mixtape

Damn near everybody considers Cilvia Demo,Habits & Contradictions,Section.80, and Setbacks mixtapes.

Ask anybody what's Kendrick's and Q's first album bet GKMC and Oxymoron come out they mouth.
  • Babaaa

What?

Damn near everybody considers Cilvia Demo,Habits & Contradictions,Section.80, and Setbacks mixtapes.

Ask anybody what's Kendrick's and Q's first album bet GKMC and Oxymoron come out they mouth.

Habits & Contradictions has sold over 50.000 copies and Section 80 sold over 100.000 copies bruh.. oxymoron and gkmc are their MAJOR LABEL debuts.. thats doesn't mean the projects before them are mixtapes

Cilvia Demo and Setbacks were not free neither.. so whats the point in SZA releasing a "mixtape" if people have to buy it anyway?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I thought she already released her debut.

I just checked. It was called Z. It came out in 2014

Yeah I thought Z was here debut too, but I guess not. I copped it.

I've always thought that gal was talented though. I'm feeling her voice and vibe.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Y'all ? gotta be Top & Punch the way y'all capin for their ? poor management
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    It's obvious that TDE releases in cycles. At least every 2 years minus jay rock everybody released some ? .