Phonte( From Little Brother) Announces "No News Is Good News" Album and Release date

2»

Comments

• soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    *checks Apple music*
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phonte been on twitter for the past few weeks saying the album is delayed until 2017
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? you phonte you talented ? liar!
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greensboro!!!

Was looking forward to this, too.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I READ SOMEWHERE OVER THE SUMMER THAT THIS GOT PUSHED BACK...
    I THINK THE RELEASE DATE IS CURRENTLY TBA...
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it was pushed back to 2017 first quarter
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about underrated. How rap is filled with these so called double threats singers\rappers and Phonte aint leading the pack is......................
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Talk about underrated. How rap is filled with these so called double threats singers\rappers and Phonte aint leading the pack is......................

He kinda ? himself over though. He slides to that r&b ? even though he can't be making that much money off it. His prime years were 2005-2011 and the ? spent all them years singing.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe the silver lining is he pushed it back to work on a possible little brother reunion. One can only hope
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe the silver lining is he pushed it back to work on a possible little brother reunion. One can only hope

I was disappointed to hear this. But my mans gettin tv checks right now.

Production of VH1s The Breaks is back. He works on the show.

He says he can record the album anytime, but he's gotta seize these opportunities when they present themselves.

Can't be mad at that.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure hes omay where he at
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

He says he can record the album anytime, but he's gotta seize these opportunities when they present themselves.

Can't be mad at that.

I heard that phonte actually wrote a lot of the raps that appear in the show, do you know anything about that?

Pretty dope if he did, hope he got paid well.

Foreign Exchange took off way more than I thought it would. Still wish He would rap on their albums though. "Connected" is one of the greatest releases Phonte has been involved with.
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    new Tigallo
    new Tigallo
    new Tigallo
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Can't be mad at that.

I heard that phonte actually wrote a lot of the raps that appear in the show, do you know anything about that?

Pretty dope if he did, hope he got paid well.

Foreign Exchange took off way more than I thought it would. Still wish He would rap on their albums though. "Connected" is one of the greatest releases Phonte has been involved with.

He speaks on it on on his episode of the Combat Jack Show, which is a GOAT ? episode btw.

https://m.soundcloud.com/thecombatjackshow/the-phonte-episode

He also sounds open to a Little Brother reunion in SOME capacity. Maybe a goodbye show or tour for the fans.

The interview starts at 9:00 mins in if you wanna skip all that ? ass pre interview host banter.