What's your most valuable comic book and/or collectible?

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Quite Comical
Whether it be an action figure, comicbook, rare video game, anything you may collect or have that people will call you a nerd for owning? Also how long do you plan on holding on to it? Or have you ever almost sold it? Anything you already did sell for some good money? Drop them nerd stories!

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    My collection is newer, but for me it's this:

hk00bm4y2vm5.jpg

Justice league #1 from the new 52. Jim Lee sketch variant. I've read when this book dropped, for every 200 copies of the book a shop purchased, ONE of these variants were given to the shop. Last I checked online there was an eBay add selling it for 200. Dunno how much it's really worth though.

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    zmblly4aui22.jpg

Also from new 52. Batman #1 variant. Can't recall the artist but I don't think it was capullo. Saw this on ebay for 80 bucks.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the death of Superman when he split into four ppl.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I dont really have anything worth too much honestly.

- Gi Joe #50
    - The Man of Steel #1 -5
    - all of those Jim Lee X-Mens
    - every issue of the Infinity Gauntlet
    - A death of superman in the black wrapping with red letters. Got that framed in my office at work

no idea if any of them are worth anything though
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have every volume of gantz and some volumes go for more than $100 on ebay
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    What's grantz? That an indie comic? @zzombie
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

I did not know this time to make an investment. Did you follow the manga as it jumped off the deep end?

I have Spider-Girl's first two appearances, think they go from $25-$50 a piece.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a Spawn #1. Idk what it's worth tho
  • zzombie
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    What's grantz? That an indie comic? @zzombie

it's an out of print manga, there is an anime and 2 live actions movies but they are nowhere as good as the manga
  • zzombie
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »

I did not know this time to make an investment. Did you follow the manga as it jumped off the deep end?

I followed it all the way to the end and it's crazy and fun as ? to read unfortunately i am missing volume 3 and it's going for anywhere from 79- 125 and i am not feeling paying so much for a book that originally retailed for about $13
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These hoes bruh
    I collect these hoes!
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I followed it all the way to the end and it's crazy and fun as ? to read unfortunately i am missing volume 3 and it's going for anywhere from 79- 125 and i am not feeling paying so much for a book that originally retailed for about $13

You may be able to find it at a comic book store. There was one in Toronto that still had volumes 1-12 still sealed. Unfortunately they closed. I think I know where they sent their stock though.
  • zzombie
    Options

You may be able to find it at a comic book store. There was one in Toronto that still had volumes 1-12 still sealed. Unfortunately they closed. I think I know where they sent their stock though.

I have been searching but as of yet no luck
  • gns
    Options
    Ha
    I actually have all of Gantz
    Its one of those rare mangas that I read online and actually went out and bought
    Them ? got lazy as hell in the end
  • zzombie
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Ha
    Its one of those rare mangas that I read online and actually went out and bought

How much do you want for vol 3???
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Used to have Avengers #1 and Hulk with the first appearance of wolverine in it. I had a lot first issues back in the day and they were worth $1000's then. Moved to Charlotte and like 4mos later my parents basement flooded. Needless to say a ? was disgusted and hurt, lost all of them except maybe 20 out of 800.

? I need a drink man :(

Man same here i had the some Avengers anniversary editions, scott and Jean grey wedding, death of superman, the bane breaks Batman's back comic, spawn #1 and a whole bunch of others and my mama threw them all away when I left for college. ? hurts
  • gns
    Options
    Ha

Bruh just go to midtown comics on 40th and order some back issues @zzombie
    If they aint got it idk I like my collection i be re reading them
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ha

Bruh just go to midtown comics on 40th and order some back issues @zzombie
    If they aint got it idk I like my collection i be re reading them

nah i'm good is was lucky to find it in a used book store in perfect condition this weekend and to make things better i only paid 6 dollars
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Used to have Avengers #1 and Hulk with the first appearance of wolverine in it. I had a lot first issues back in the day and they were worth $1000's then. Moved to Charlotte and like 4mos later my parents basement flooded. Needless to say a ? was disgusted and hurt, lost all of them except maybe 20 out of 800.

? I need a drink man :(

This is the saddest story ive ever read. This is comparable to the hurricane sandy disaster.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As kid in early mid 90's grew up on Marvel..Spider Man, Web Of Spider Man, Spectactular Spider Man, Amazing Spider Man, X Men, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Punisher, New Warriors, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Sable etc

Image was up on Spawn, Deathblow and Savage Dragon.

Also had every Milestone Comic..Icon, Static, Blood Syndacite, Hardware

While Moving..some one broke in the trunk of the car and took them ? .

Man I'm still ? off about that.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i gotta bunch of old wally west from the late 80's/early 90's laying around the house