Ramsey Orta who filmed the murder of Eric Garner sentenced to four years in prison...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ramsey-orta-filmed-eric-garner-death-sentenced-4-years-article-1.2815791
Ramsey Orta, who filmed death of Eric Garner, sentenced to four years in prison for drugs and weapons charges

The Staten Island man who filmed Eric Garner’s final breaths was sentenced Monday to four years in prison for possession of a weapon and drug charges.

Ramsey Orta told his family “it will be okay” in Staten Island Supreme Court as Justice Stephen Rooney read out his sentence.

As court officers put handcuffs on Orta, protesters stood up in the courtroom, holding their fists in the air, flashing peace signs and chanting, “No justice no peace! F--- these racist police!”

"We're feeling really upset," said Lisa Ricardo, Orta's Aunt. "I would tell the police, don't touch him. Hands off Ramsey. Leave him alone in jail.”

Orta said in July he was “tired of fighting” and would plead guilty to criminal possession of a weapon and criminal sale of a controlled substance.

Authorities charged he sold heroin, ? ? , marijuana, oxycodone and anti-anxiety pills to an undercover office nine times. He was also busted with a .25-caliber handgun.

Since filming NYPD cop Daniel Pantaleo put Garner in a fatal chokehold in 2014, Orta has had several run-ins with the law.

His supporters have said he is the victim of police retaliation.

"Ramsey filmed Eric's last words, and that's how my child will hear his voice," said Jewel Miller, the mother of Eric Garner's youngest child, who attended the sentencing. "Ramsey Orta is a young boy. He's just getting into adulthood. He's just becoming a man and it's really sad.”

Comments

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White ppl are devils
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing is sacred to the system
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels like we back in the 60's again.

It's police terrorism on black life all over again.

Instead of getting sprayed with fire hoses, we getting tear gassed.

Instead of getting lynched, we're getting shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if this brother "mysteriously" becomes the male version of Sandra Bland.

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is Loretta Lynch and the federal charges? We all saw Eric Garner get chocked to death before our very eyes and that ? and our uncle tom ass president didnt do a damn thing about it. ? her, ? Obama and ? their apologist.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing is sacred to the system

Actually the flag, the Star Spangled Banner, Brock Turner'em and the Neo Gestopo are.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel y'all but dude knew he was gonna get retaliated against and he out here selling drugs to a undercover?? Come on
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So he hot caught selling to an undercover AFTER filming Garner's death? C'mon bruh.. You know you hot right now. I'm sure anybody who films these officer killings of citizens are being watched.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    So he hot caught selling to an undercover AFTER filming Garner's death? C'mon bruh.. You know you hot right now. I'm sure anybody who films these officer killings of citizens are being watched targeted.

Fixed.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels like we back in the 60's again.

It's police terrorism on black life all over again.

Instead of getting sprayed with fire hoses, we getting tear gassed.

Instead of getting lynched, we're getting shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if this brother "mysteriously" becomes the male version of Sandra Bland.

The police force is nothing more than a gang. If you ever lived in the streets, how they move is very familiar. They terrorize any and all who oppose them, their blue code of silence, they're emotionally driven, power driven, target certain groups for the easy flip etc.

What they're doing is nothing new. They just took it to the next level as they have ALL of the judges, and politicians on their side, the media too. Their gang is very well run.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnnn! I saw R. Orta and the word filmed and thought that Sex tape made its world premiere!