Saltine Professor Takes Leave of Absence After Comparing Black Lives Matter To the KKK...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/professor-takes-leave-of-absence-after-comparing-black-lives-matter-to-the-kkk/
Douglas Muir, an adjunct professor and executive lecturer at the University of Virginia’s engineering school, has taken a leave of absence after coming under fire for stating the Black Lives Matter was as racist as the Ku Klux ? .

Last week, in response to a Facebook post mentioning a speaking appearance by BLM’s Alicia Garza, Muir made the following (since deleted) comment:

douglas-muir-facebook.png

Yes, Muir misspelled “racist organization” and “the ? .”

The school’s paper, The Cavalier Daily, first mentioned Muir’s comment on October 6th. Since then, according to the Daily Mail, the school has sought to distance itself from Muir.

‘A recent comment regarding the Black Lives Matter movement, posted on social media by Doug Muir, a lecturer in our school, has raised serious concerns about UVA Engineering’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and support of populations that are traditionally underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics,’ UVA’s Engineering School said in a statement.

‘While free speech and open discussion are fundamental principles of our nation and the University, Mr. Muir’s comment was entirely inappropriate. UVA Engineering does not condone actions that undermine our values, dedication to diversity and educational mission.’

‘Our faculty and staff are responsible for upholding our values and demonstrating them to students and the community. Mr Muir has agreed to take leave and is preparing his own statement to the community.’

Muir also owns a restaurant near the university. Charlottesville Vice Mayor Wes Bellamy has called for a boycott of the establishment in wake of Muir’s comments.

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Professor? Can't even spell Racist...his students won't miss him i'm sure.

Evident this dumb cac shouldn't have been teaching anyone let alone college kids.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannn a cant this man have a opinion you black fascist are taking it a little far can there be no other views expressed..???btw its ? ..klu klux ? ...with ksss everybody knows that
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now he just needs to do the LORDS work and suck on that Glock and squeeze whiles on leave.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I get how some people might not agree with BLM, but these white people comparing BLM to the ? and ISIS (yes, I've seen that) is crazy. I mean, I don't expect a lot of logic from crazy racists, but there is a point where you're not just illogical, you're functionally insane.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing remotely racist from the founders & leaders of the BLM movement, who condemn violence. Plus, there's nothing at all to suggest that the majority of the demonstrators hold supremacist or black separatist views. That's why you see whites and people of all races who join in solidarity with blacks during BLM marches.

There may have been some protesters who claim the mantle of Black Lives Matter & have said offensive things at some rallies. But before you condemn the entire movement for the words of a few, you should ask yourself if you should also condemn the entire Republican Party for the racist words of its presumptive nominee ......
    BLACK LIVES MATTER (TOO) .... nothing more, nothing less
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLACK LIVES MATTER (TOO)...
    This the IC
    ? shouldnt have to type "too" beside blm
    you are a ? willful ignoramus if u cant understand the simple concept of blm after all this time
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think history class failed us all because there was little to no emphasis on the millions of 'regular americans' who were against abolition, civil rights, etc

those ppl did not evaporate. they lived and procreated. passed their horrible inhumane beliefs to future generations

the jig is up tho
    now a lot of these closet bigots will be remembered due to their inability to hide their evil from social media

there will be books/websites documenting their hatred for future generations to see
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think history class failed us all because there was little to no emphasis on the millions of 'regular americans' who were against abolition, civil rights, etc

those ppl did not evaporate. they lived and procreated. passed their horrible inhumane beliefs to future generations

the jig is up tho
    now a lot of these closet bigots will be remembered due to their inability to hide their evil from social media

there will be books/websites documenting their hatred for future generations to see

Never even thought about the bold like that before. I remember seeing them on tv in class when watching videos of the movement. Never ever were those people discussed in the history books we learned from.

At the same time that should be expected a high majority of black kids are enrolled in a school system ran by white people.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an entire chapter in high school history books dedicated to the ? an the atrocities they committed...bc clearly it's lost on thousands of whites.

No organization in America is comparable to white hate groups
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Professor? Can't even spell Racist...his students won't miss him i'm sure.

He spelled organization wrong too
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of white people who seriously believe that racism against blacks ended with slavery. I say it all the time. You can never underestimate how ignorant and sometimes flat out stupid the average white in America is when it comes to racism.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a German or European thing with the way he spelled it
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate group.
    Terrorist group.
    Sympathetic to ISIS.
    Affiliated with ISIS.

Notice the trend of the folks that make these charges against blacklivesmatter?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everybody know about all the villainous Nazis like ? , Himmler, Amon Goeth, etc. but there were millions of "regular germans" that weren't Nazis per se but knew some foul ? was going on and either willfully ignored it or....approved. 200,000+ ppl operated the railroads carrying ppl in cattle cars to extermination camps, they knew what the ? was going on.

Point being, you don't have to be a mastermind, a capo, a soldier, or even a direct participant to share blame for the evil ? your society & culture is perpetrating.