Aj Styles >>>HBK Appreciation Thread

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    I can argue for most of their singles career Bret overshadowed HBK ijs

Bret had a longer run as a singles star from 1991-2000. HBK was already retired before Bret got dome kicked by Goldberg but when he came back the crown was his alone.
    Im just going by the head to heads, HBK and Bret had many good IC matches that people forget about, and Bret pretty much owned him as I remember. Now We can just say its booking but on a serious note Bret and HBK are Ryu and Ken to me. Tom Brady and Peyt Manning. Both legends and as a true mark I had to choose one and hated the other, but I respect them both equally.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Bret had a longer run as a singles star from 1991-2000. HBK was already retired before Bret got dome kicked by Goldberg but when he came back the crown was his alone.
    Im just going by the head to heads, HBK and Bret had many good IC matches that people forget about, and Bret pretty much owned him as I remember. Now We can just say its booking but on a serious note Bret and HBK are Ryu and Ken to me. Tom Brady and Peyt Manning. Both legends and as a true mark I had to choose one and hated the other, but I respect them both equally.

Bret dropped the World Title to HBK twice, HBK only dropped 3 singles belts in his entire career; the IC belt to Jannetty, WWF Title to Austin and WHC to HHH, every other singles belt HBK held he vacated via injury or lost his smile, so idk how Bret won more 1v1 matches against HBK in the IC and WWF Title scene..
  • DOPEdweebz
    blu197 wrote: »

Bret dropped the World Title to HBK twice, HBK only dropped 3 singles belts in his entire career; the IC belt to Jannetty, WWF Title to Austin and WHC to HHH, every other singles belt HBK held he vacated via injury or lost his smile, so idk how Bret won more 1v1 matches against HBK in the IC and WWF Title scene..

Hart Foundation vs Rockers And Bret n Macho Man vs HBK n Flair Bret won a majority of those then...

July 21, 1992: Bret Hart defeated Shawn Michaels in the first ever Ladder match in the WWF

November 24, 1992 - Survivor Series: Bret Hart defeated Shawn
    Michaels to retain the WWF Heavyweight title

November 24, 1993 - Survivor Series: Bret, Owen, Keith & Bruce Hart defeated Shawn Michaels (sub for Lawler) and his "Knights"

March 31, 1996 - Wrestlemania 12: Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart in a 60-minute Iron man match (1-0) to win the WWF title!

January 21, 1997 - WWF Toronto: Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart and Sycho Sid in a 3-WAY to retain the WWF title..

November 9, 1997 - Survivor Series: Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart for the WWF Heavyweight title with a lot of controversy
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Damn this went from an AJ vs HBK to a HBK vs Bret thread.

I was a Bret guy so it was alway Hitman over Shawn
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.

#facts n AJ is a better winner

What does that mean? Being a better winner?

Been the man longer, more championships in more places, plus when HBK was a babyface champ in 96 that was considered a failure, and he wasnt moving merchandise like that as a top guy period. Ratings werent going through the roof until guys like Austin and The Rock developed into their characters. They were megastars not HBK.

DX was his peak marketability -and even then it was more of 2 man or 3 persons group working off each other.

HBK has meant alot mostly to WWE, AJ has meant alot to pro-wrestling period.

this is silly
    wwe is the pinnacle of pro wrestling. when fans think of wresting, wwe is the first promotion that comes to mind. people around the world follow it, even the crirics. it's where a large majority of wrestlers aspire to be. it's been that way for a couple decades. and HBK fathered these ?

ask any wrestler from any pro wrestling promotion who the GOAT is. out of these two names, styles will be mentioned the least. that's the truth. No disrespect to styles but y'all are disrespecting the hell out of Shawn. I'm not even that big of fan of dude but the ? being said in this thread is ridiculous
    plus when HBK was a babyface champ in 96 that was considered a failure, and he wasnt moving merchandise like that as a top guy period. Ratings werent going through the roof

oh, NOW wwe critics wanna talk about the business side and not actual wrestling? regardless of how poor business was, that run established Shawn. he worked his ass off and showed the world what he's capable of. and did it on the biggest stage there was outside of WCW (but he would've never gotten a run there)

so by default, HBK's "failed" run in 96 was much bigger than anything styles has ever done in his entire career. at least until styles came to.....

wait for it.....

WWE
    and this thread was only made because AJ is killing it where?

WWE

you ? it on that platform and all of a sudden the wrestling audience thinks more highly of you. this thread is living proof
  • DOPEdweebz
    It's cause a lot of ppl are WWE fans more than wrestling fans but I agree. His TNA run was more impressive than HBK. His feud and faction with Flair was more impressive than HBK. His in-ring ability is more impressive than HBK. He adapts really well to every industry and storyline he's been in. HBK can't do that. He's WWE only. Their style is more slow paced.

Been the man longer, more championships in more places, plus when HBK was a babyface champ in 96 that was considered a failure, and he wasnt moving merchandise like that as a top guy period. Ratings werent going through the roof until guys like Austin and The Rock developed into their characters. They were megastars not HBK.

DX was his peak marketability -and even then it was more of 2 man or 3 persons group working off each other.

this is silly
    wwe is the pinnacle of pro wrestling. when fans think of wresting, wwe is the first promotion that comes to mind. people around the world follow it, even the crirics. it's where a large majority of wrestlers aspire to be. it's been that way for a couple decades. and HBK fathered these ?

ask any wrestler from any pro wrestling promotion who the GOAT is. out of these two names, styles will be mentioned the least. that's the truth. No disrespect to styles but y'all are disrespecting the hell out of Shawn. I'm not even that big of fan of dude but the ? being said in this thread is ridiculous
    plus when HBK was a babyface champ in 96 that was considered a failure, and he wasnt moving merchandise like that as a top guy period. Ratings werent going through the roof

oh, NOW wwe critics wanna talk about the business side and not actual wrestling? regardless of how poor business was, that run established Shawn. he worked his ass off and showed the world what he's capable of. and did it on the biggest stage there was outside of WCW (but he would've never gotten a run there)

so by default, HBK's "failed" run in 96 was much bigger than anything styles has ever done in his entire career. at least until styles came to.....

wait for it.....

WWE

WWE

you ? it on that platform and all of a sudden the wrestling audience thinks more highly of you. this thread is living proof

I think you literally camped out on one part of MANY POSTS, and tried to make your argument off of that.

Believe it or not you can be a huge wrestling star without ever stepping in a WWE ring. It can happen. WWE is the biggest game but in America, maybe the world (I dont have numbers to prove this though thats my main issue with your point), but I wouldnt say WWE the NBA of talent or showcase. Go to Mexico, go to Europe, go to Africa, go to Asia, everybody got their own wrestling scene, everybody has their own perspective of who the GOAT is and its not limited to a WWE roster. It was and still is an international spectator sport, and its close minded of you to think man if its not WWE then it dont count. Thats like saying 99% of Stings career is meaningless, and others like him.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is silly

wait for it.....

WWE

WWE

Good point
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is silly

wait for it.....

WWE

WWE

I think you literally camped out on one part of MANY POSTS, and tried to make your argument off of that.

Believe it or not you can be a huge wrestling star without ever stepping in a WWE ring. It can happen. WWE is the biggest game but in America, maybe the world (I dont have numbers to prove this though thats my main issue with your point), but I wouldnt say WWE the NBA of talent or showcase. Go to Mexico, go to Europe, go to Africa, go to Asia, everybody got their own wrestling scene, everybody has their own perspective of who the GOAT is and its not limited to a WWE roster. It was and still is an international spectator sport, and its close minded of you to think man if its not WWE then it dont count. Thats like saying 99% of Stings career is meaningless, and others like him.

I never said other promotions didn't count. I said wwe is the pennicle of professional wrestling. it's the most recognized promotion in the world

it sounded like you were putting wwe in a bubble in the world of professional wrestling, like it isn't the biggest promotion there is

the best is debatable
    the biggest? I thought that was obvious
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    AJ Styles vs Bret Hart > Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
  • dalyricalbandit
    Idk about that Kurt vs Bret would've been magic
  • DOPEdweebz
    AJ Styles vs Bret Hart > Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart

/thread
  • DOPEdweebz
    Idk about that Kurt vs Bret would've been magic
    Imagine those two in 2000 in a WWF ring ... smh
  • dalyricalbandit
    wouldve perhaps been the greatest match of all time
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2016
    I feel like both Brets vs Benoit mathches in 99 are heavily slept on cuz it happened when WCW started to suck.
  • dalyricalbandit
  • DOPEdweebz
    ? is waiting for Styles to fall off so they could say "Told yall he was overrated"... dumb ? was comparing him to HBK" ... you ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    Poor HBK about to job to AJ styles
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

More like passing the mantel like Flair put on a great match with HBK. I can dig it. We're looking at greatness.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is made by a ? ? what do ya'll expect?
  • DOPEdweebz

Yo mama ? .
  • DOPEdweebz

More like passing the mantel like Flair put on a great match with HBK. I can dig it. We're looking at greatness.

You are on the list!
  • vageneral08

Yo mama ? .

Nobody is taking your wack ass thread serious....hbk must've ? your mom or something
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2016

Yo mama ? .

Nobody is taking your wack ass thread serious....hbk must've ? your mom or something

Oh geez that hurt my feelings on the internet you 7 year old ? thats not taking my wack ass thread seriously.
  • vageneral08

Yo mama ? .

Oh geez that hurt my feelings on the internet you 7 year old ? thats not taking my wack ass thread seriously.

Shut up ? ? ay will the real mods close this ? thread
  • DOPEdweebz

Yo mama ? .

Shut up ? ? ay will the real mods close this ? thread

Eat a ? you no neck ashy ass ? ? .