Public Enemy Chuck D Says LL Cool J Should Get Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Before Tupac

Options

Comments

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    here u go @lethal5 cause i know ur not gonna go read it..

"And because I had been a hustler, I knew better than all whites knew, and better than nearly all of the black 'leaders' knew, that actually the most dangerous black man in America was the ghetto hustler. Why do I say this? The hustler, out there in the ghetto jungles, has less respect for the ? structure than any other ? in North America. The ghetto hustler is internally restrained by nothing. He has no religion, no concept of morality, no civic responsibility, no fear--nothing. To survive, he is out there constantly preying upon others, probing for any human weakness like a ferret. The ghetto hustler is forever frustrated, restless, and anxious for some 'action'. Whatever he undertakes, he commits himself to it fully, absolutely. What makes the ghetto hustler yet more dangerous is his 'glamour' image to the school-dropout youth in the ghetto.These ghetto teen-agers see the hell caught by their parents struggling to get somewhere, or see that they have given up struggling in the prejudiced, intolerant white man’s world. The ghetto teen-agers make up their own minds they would rather be like the hustlers whom they see dressed ‘sharp’ and flashing money and displaying no respect for anybody or anything. So the ghetto youth become attracted to the hustler worlds of dope, thievery, prostitution, and general crime and immorality."

-Malcolm X

Your reading comprehension skills are ? , he was making an analysis from personal experience. ....he wasnt condoning that behavior
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but anyways..

WESTSIDE ? !
  • CapitalB
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

"And because I had been a hustler, I knew better than all whites knew, and better than nearly all of the black 'leaders' knew, that actually the most dangerous black man in America was the ghetto hustler. Why do I say this? The hustler, out there in the ghetto jungles, has less respect for the ? structure than any other ? in North America. The ghetto hustler is internally restrained by nothing. He has no religion, no concept of morality, no civic responsibility, no fear--nothing. To survive, he is out there constantly preying upon others, probing for any human weakness like a ferret. The ghetto hustler is forever frustrated, restless, and anxious for some 'action'. Whatever he undertakes, he commits himself to it fully, absolutely. What makes the ghetto hustler yet more dangerous is his 'glamour' image to the school-dropout youth in the ghetto.These ghetto teen-agers see the hell caught by their parents struggling to get somewhere, or see that they have given up struggling in the prejudiced, intolerant white man’s world. The ghetto teen-agers make up their own minds they would rather be like the hustlers whom they see dressed ‘sharp’ and flashing money and displaying no respect for anybody or anything. So the ghetto youth become attracted to the hustler worlds of dope, thievery, prostitution, and general crime and immorality."

-Malcolm X

Your reading comprehension skills are ? , he was making an analysis from personal experience. ....he wasnt condoning that behavior

read the book ? ..

Malcolm loved that Thug Life ? ..
    when he lived it. -and even when he grew out of it he respected it..

which is what he was sayin right there..

but ull have to read the whole book to understand that..
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

-Malcolm X

read the book ? ..

Turn in your library card ? , apparently it aint doin ? for you.
  • CapitalB
    Options

-Malcolm X

read the book ? ..

Turn in your library card ? , apparently it aint doin ? for you.

giphy.gif

sucka ass ? ..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    this go be me when my ? Pac gets in before LL..

tumblr_n2lfkjmjDH1tvm46do1_400.gif
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before opening this thread I knew @BOSSExcellence would be beefing on behalf of the west

With this confirmed, I can leave happily

Carry on
  • CapitalB
    Options
    "This is why Black folk aint got ? , too many of use are cool with being our own worst enemy."
    - @lethal5

oh and on the contrary.. its ? LIKE U.. like Chuck D the reason ? aint never got ? .. why we are OUR OWN worst enemy..

first off why are we even givin a ? what crackers think of our music.. but since yall do.. i read somewhere in the thread that LL was already nominated and didnt make it..

if white acknowledgment means so much to u as a black person why the hate cause Pac got NOMINATED.. ? aint even get in and ? is already hatin and got somethin to say..

shouldnt u jus be happy they "acknowledging" ur ass and we have a chance of gettin an individual artist in!!?

so if it aint the ? u feel should go first no other ? should go then right!!?

but IM our worst eneemy right!!?

tumblr_mogyakw3Zc1qcmny4o1_500.gif

and "you wonder why they call u ? !?"
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a fan of LL...but Pac is the greatest rapper of all time...

This is like saying dr. J should get into the hof before jordan...you can talk yourself into it...but u know it aint right

Obviously Dr.J should AND DID get into the HOF before Jordan. You sound stupid.

And Pac ain't even close to the greatest. He just died in his prime, that's it! LL in his prime would have rapped circles around Pac. ? yourself for falling for their little media push where dead rappers are placed ahead of rappers who are still alive, knowing damn well you would be referring to Pac as an old washed ? or a rapper turned actor if he was still alive.

This aint the hip hop hof...its the rock and roll hof...

Pac is the 2nd best selling rapper ever...every media outlet has him at least in the top 3 ever...the VAST majority of fan polls including the ones here put him as the #1 mc of all time...

Facts are facts...when it comes to ll and pac...pac is the more popular, relevant, and frankly better mc
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    Pac has been dead 10 years and still gets mentioned almost daily on this site when was the last time LL was ever brought up

yeah u must be young cause yo math is way off aye
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is like saying dr. J should get into the hof before jordan...you can talk yourself into it...but u know it aint right

And Pac ain't even close to the greatest. He just died in his prime, that's it! LL in his prime would have rapped circles around Pac. ? yourself for falling for their little media push where dead rappers are placed ahead of rappers who are still alive, knowing damn well you would be referring to Pac as an old washed ? or a rapper turned actor if he was still alive.

Pac is the 2nd best selling rapper ever...every media outlet has him at least in the top 3 ever...the VAST majority of fan polls including the ones here put him as the #1 mc of all time...

Facts are facts...when it comes to ll and pac...pac is the more popular, relevant, and frankly better mc

So Tupac is more Rock and Roll than LL? How Sway? Point still stands, LL PAVED the way for people like Pac, so he should easily get in before. And stop acting like you didn't make a ridiculous Dr.J and Jordan comparison in which your logic was exposed. You're only moving the goal post now to save face.

Media and Hip-Hop don't mix. Hip-Hop in its essence is anti-media. Hip-Hop was built off of truth telling and real life perspectives, not click bait and posthumous sales and success. Speaking of popularity and relevancy, I guess someone like an Eminem should also get in there before well... EVERYONE, right?

The truth is Pac is used as some kind of media push to get ? to look up to some dead man as their savior, when we have far better rappers and Hip-Hop moguls still alive. Pac ain't even close to a better MC than LL, and will never be considered the top MC by people who know their Hip-Hop history. Y'all ? fall for the same tricks over and over, which is why the top rapper is now a ? that openly jacks styles and admits to having a team of writers. Ol' the media outlets say it, so it must be true ass ? ... 'scust.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    EastCoast ? ALWAYS hatin..
    smmfh
    thats why cant nobody stand yall lame ? ..
    yall ? cant even stand yallselves..

go get stopped and frisked..
    or chased by a subway rat! lol
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

So Tupac is more Rock and Roll than LL? How Sway? Point still stands, LL PAVED the way for people like Pac, so he should easily get in before. And stop acting like you didn't make a ridiculous Dr.J and Jordan comparison in which your logic was exposed. You're only moving the goal post now to save face.

Media and Hip-Hop don't mix. Hip-Hop in its essence is anti-media. Hip-Hop was built off of truth telling and real life perspectives, not click bait and posthumous sales and success. Speaking of popularity and relevancy, I guess someone like an Eminem should also get in there before well... EVERYONE, right?

The truth is Pac is used as some kind of media push to get ? to look up to some dead man as their savior, when we have far better rappers and Hip-Hop moguls still alive. Pac ain't even close to a better MC than LL, and will never be considered the top MC by people who know their Hip-Hop history. Y'all ? fall for the same tricks over and over, which is why the top rapper is now a ? that openly jacks styles and admits to having a team of writers. Ol' the media outlets say it, so it must be true ass ? ... 'scust.

You sound delusional...im not even gonna argue with somebody who believes tupac was some kind of "media push" who only got famous after his death (even tho he was the most popular rapper on the planet when he was alive lol)...you just sounds ridiculous...

LL was great...he was the first superstar rapper...he was one of the great battle rappers...he got classic albums, records, and verses for days....

But Pac was the greater rapper...so if Pac and LL are both eligible...Pac should get in
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "This is why Black folk aint got ? , too many of use are cool with being our own worst enemy."
    - @lethal5

oh and on the contrary.. its ? LIKE U.. like Chuck D the reason ? aint never got ? .. why we are OUR OWN worst enemy..

first off why are we even givin a ? what crackers think of our music.. but since yall do.. i read somewhere in the thread that LL was already nominated and didnt make it..

if white acknowledgment means so much to u as a black person why the hate cause Pac got NOMINATED.. ? aint even get in and ? is already hatin and got somethin to say..

shouldnt u jus be happy they "acknowledging" ur ass and we have a chance of gettin an individual artist in!!?

Cold Game....
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sound delusional...im not even gonna argue with somebody who believes tupac was some kind of "media push" who only got famous after his death (even tho he was the most popular rapper on the planet when he was alive lol)...you just sounds ridiculous...

LL was great...he was the first superstar rapper...he was one of the great battle rappers...he got classic albums, records, and verses for days....

But Pac was the greater rapper...so if Pac and LL are both eligible...Pac should get in

Your missing the point. Chuck said LL should get in before 2Pac and he's right.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Your missing the point. Chuck said LL should get in before 2Pac and he's right.

thats up for debate..
    BUT WHATS NOT..

is he's a ? hater..
    and the reason "? aint neva got ? ."

keep that negative energy IN HOUSE..
    since we "so worried" about what wgite folks think of us..
  • CapitalB
    edited October 2016
    Options
    - @lethal5

Cold Game....

if this thread aint the perfect example of "? in barrel" i dont know what is..

funny ? tho..

its only eastcoast ? like this..
    they want everything to be about them..

selfish inconsiderate muthafuckas. lol
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a Pac fan and LL fan and i agree with Chuck D.
    LL was the reason i started liking Hip Hop.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing LL Fool J should be in before Pac is a grave ? was wack and those eenie meanie minie moe rhymes never impress me his hardest songs was with J. Lo
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Im late to the thread, I don't agree or disagree with his statement. ? pretty much like asking who should get in the NBA HOF first, Jordan or Jerry West?

You can make an argument JW should go in first, but can you really be mad if Jordan got in first?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Im late to the thread, I don't agree or disagree with his statement. ? pretty much like asking who should get in the NBA HOF first, Jordan or Jerry West?

You can make an argument JW should go in first, but can you really be mad if Jordan got in first?

if u a born hater u can!?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm still lost on why we are concerning ourselves about hip hop artist in the rock n roll hall of fame...? that hall of fame
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I'm still lost on why we are concerning ourselves about hip hop artist in the rock n roll hall of fame...? that hall of fame

Best post of the thread, been saying this ? for years.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went through L's discography not too long ago. The Drake comparisons are disrespectful AF

Only people that say that are the ones that only heard ll commerical songs not his actual albums. Their albums couldn't be any more different

I've literally never heard anybody in my life make that comparison.

If I did, I'd prolly jus walk off.